Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of home game should I host?

4 posters

Go down

What kind of home game should I host? Empty What kind of home game should I host?

Post  PoWdA Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:07 pm

So I am getting that chip set and I want to host a game now. What should I host? A normal everyday $.25/.50 NL hold em ring game? HORSE Tourney? Mixed cash game? PL Omaha/PL Hold em game? (notice NL toureny was not on the list?) My vote (the only one that really counts Very Happy ) is for mixed cash game (like the one @ Keiths). What do you guys think? Who thinks they could play? The game is almost for sure going to take place on a saturday evening... So anyone have any ideas?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What kind of home game should I host? Empty Re: What kind of home game should I host?

Post  dexman1349 Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:50 pm

PoWdA wrote:So I am getting that chip set and I want to host a game now. What should I host? A normal everyday $.25/.50 NL hold em ring game? HORSE Tourney? Mixed cash game? PL Omaha/PL Hold em game? (notice NL toureny was not on the list?) My vote (the only one that really counts Very Happy ) is for mixed cash game (like the one @ Keiths). What do you guys think? Who thinks they could play? The game is almost for sure going to take place on a saturday evening... So anyone have any ideas?

The 2-7 TD and Horse cash game at my house was fun. I wouldn't mind doing that again. If you're hosting, I can play Friday or Saturday nights which helps out the others who would me more inclined to play Fridays.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

What kind of home game should I host? Empty Re: What kind of home game should I host?

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:31 am

Yeah and for those who didn't play last time the game went like this and went very smoothly.

Hold em and Omaha/8b are played $.50/1.00 with a $.25 small blind and $.50 big blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed.

Triple Draw will be played $.25/.50 with a single $.25 blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed. (this should give everyone time to get familier with the game without losing thier shirt)

Stud, Razz, and Stud/8b can be played $.50/1.00 with a $.05 ante, $.25 bring in, and $.50 complete with no double bet allowed (if board pairs) and one bet with 3 raises allowed.

All games are limit, there are no no-limit or pot limit games. No wildcards or other variations (baseball, follow the queen, etc), WSOP sanctioned structured poker only. This is a cash game, NOT a tournament! This is going to be an 8 players max game.* All games are choice. The button will move with the deal (everyone deals) and there will be a seperate "choice button" that will move every 5 hands. When a game is choson that game is spread for 5 hands and then the choice button is moved to the left and a new game is chosen by whoever received the choice button. All games are 1 opening bet and 3 raises. No sitting out entire games because you do not like the game being spread unless you wish to deal for the duration of the game. 30 minute notice needed before leaving, if you do not want to give 30 minutes before you leave you will not be invited back. You may deal for tips (to get back in the game if you go broke and only if you go broke) if your luck and money are gone! BYOB and NO CRYBABIES. Expect to lose anywhere from $20-$50 in this game.

*obviously if we get 10 or 11 we can accomodate and if there are any more he can look at doing 2 tables but 8 players would be optimal.

I was thinking maybe not this next saturday but the saturday following @ my house in Lakewood. Is there any interest at all here guys?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 pm

If you're referring to March 15th, count me in.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 pm

dexman1349 wrote:If you're referring to March 15th, count me in.
yes the 15th.. Any interest? Son? Ian? Andy? (I will make Paul show up).

So we have paul, Me and Keith, I may call another buddy who should be there... I think I am going to run this by the female but it sounds like the 15th is our date Smile
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:32 pm

Here is the structure I just need to check on the date but it should be fine. A few slight changes from Keiths game mainly being the .10 cent ante for Stud games as opposed to .05, allowing a 3rd street double bet in Stud, and the possibility of adding Badugi to the mix (a form of triple draw).

Hold em and Omaha/8b are played $.50/1.00 with a $.25 small blind and $.50 big blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed.

Triple Draw will be played $.25/.50 with a single $.25 blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed. (this should give everyone time to get familier with the game without losing thier shirt)**

Stud, Razz, and Stud/8b can be played $.50/1.00 with a $.10 ante, $.25 bring in, and $.50 complete with double bet allowed (if board pairs) and one bet with 3 raises allowed.

All games are limit, there are no no-limit or pot limit games. No wildcards or other variations (baseball, follow the queen, etc), WSOP sanctioned structured poker only. This is a cash game, NOT a tournament! This is going to be an 8 players max game.* All games are choice. The button will move with the deal (everyone deals) and there will be a seperate "choice button" that will move every 5 hands. When a game is chosen that game is spread for 5 hands and then the choice button is moved to the left and a new game is chosen by whoever received the choice button. All games are 1 opening bet and 3 raises. No sitting out entire games because you do not like the game being spread unless you wish to deal for the duration of the game. 30 minute notice needed before leaving, if you do not want to give 30 minutes before you leave you will not be invited back. You may deal for tips (to get back in the game if you go broke and only if you go broke) if your luck and money are gone! BYOB and NO CRYBABIES. Expect to lose anywhere from $20-$50 in this game.

*obviously if we get 10 or 11 we can accomodate and if there are any more he can look at doing 2 tables but 8 players would be optimal.

**If all are comfortable Badugi can be introduced as well with the same betting structure and also if all are comfortable both Triple Draw 2-7 and Badugi can use the exact structure as the flop games.

So far the plan is Saturday the 15th of March at my house near 6th and Kipling in Lakewood. That is 2 weeks from today with the cards in the air no later than 8:00 PM. We did the same game at Kieths a few weeks ago and it was tons of fun.I will put this in a new thread once I get confirmation that this date works with the better half but it should not be a problem. So far I have Me, Keith (dexman) and most likely Paul (TRICKE1) and another buddy possible so that makes 4. SO. WHO IS IN?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:49 pm

I would love to but am going to the mountains that day....if it were that Friday I could make it...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:18 pm

IIRC, Friday's seemed to suit more people last time we set this up, Danny. I know mondo would definately be interested if it were Friday in addition to Ian. It's up to you, though.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:44 pm

+1 for a Friday.

I can't guarantee I can make *any* Friday, but if it is on a Friday instead of a Saturday, that about quadruples the chance I'd be able to make it (and would make it, unless I'm out of town, or already have tix to an event).
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down