WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney

Go down

WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney Empty WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney

Post  kkravec on Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:04 pm

I just read this on pokernews.com and thought we could get a discussion about behavoir at the table.

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2008/03/chip-leader-disqualified-wsopc-atlantic-city-prelim.htm

I'm personally glad that he was kicked out if he was given ample warnings. What are others thoughts about people's behavior. I understand that part of poker is psychological, but I feel it should be reasonable.

Any thoughts?
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney Empty Re: WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney

Post  Scrupboy on Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Agreed. Asking question, trying to get reads, goating your opponent to an extent is a fair tool to use in a poker tournaments (IMHO). I have problems when people purposely do things, such as hide their larger chips behind their smaller chips or not attempting to stack their chips in order to unfairly have an advantage over other players. Name calling and choice of language should be regulated to an extent. Sometimes I feel some of the establishments take the F bomb a little far. You have to be an adult to play this game in one of these establishments and it's not like you've never heard the F bomb. Now, if it's directed towards a person and in a threatening mannor, then yes I believe a warning or eventual elimination from a tournament is waranted.

Another issue I have with tournaments is someone who plays EVERY hand very slowly. My opinion is this puts everyone at that table at a disadvantage as the other tables are cranking out 2 or 3 times as many hands in a given amount of time. This can be the same for a slow dealer. These issues esecially make me crazy online. I had one clown that I was smack talking to because he timed out on every hand, then when we were hand for hand, he held up the entire tournament. When I said something, he became very opinionated about it was his right to take as much time as he needed and he was running slow because he was in 4 other tournaments at the same time. My response was that the rest of us in THIS tournament must suffer because he was unable to keep up with 4 concurent tournaments? He spent the rest of the tournament that way and yes, I was lucky enough to get moved to his table during the final 30. What an idiot, but I digress.

Did any of you see the article on Cardplayer in regards to Theo Tran and a player that was taking up to five minutes at a time on each hand to purposely slow down the game and make the money? Funny stuff and I applaud him for calling him out.
http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/article/10954/world-poker-tour-l-a-poker-classic-day-three
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney Empty Re: WSOP-C Chip leader kicked out of tourney

Post  CardJunkie on Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:00 pm

I read the article, very interesting. I've played with many players over my time and, as everyone well knows, some players are arrogant, whiners, assholes, trash talkers and generally crossing the line of common decency because they feel they can because they are "gambling". It's part of the game, poker is very psychological and if you can get into your opponents head to a point that it effects his game than I say more power to you, even though it may not be good sportsmanship. However, there is always a line that cannot be crossed. It is ultimately up to the pit boss, tourney coordinator, poker house manager, dealer, or just the guy hosting a home poker game to have final say in these matters.

I liked the call of kicking this guy out. There are rules in every game and sport and when they are violated and the person is warned then there must be consequences. A player can get kicked out of the Super Bowl if he violates the rules, why shouldn't a poker game be any different. These tourneys have rules, if you violate them you should get a yellow card, like in soccer. Violate them again and your out. If you don't like it than they don't have to play.

Poker can get very emotional sometimes, especially when there is a lot of money at stake. People get killed everyday over money disputes. If it's not kept in check at the poker table I wouldn't be surprised if we see a rash of violence.

This guy is not going to find many defenders. People like this only hurt the game of poker. There are plenty of donkeys out there that dump a lot of money to the table and have a very pleasant disposition.
CardJunkie
CardJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum