ugh..... (Xbox stuff)

Go down

ugh..... (Xbox stuff) Empty ugh..... (Xbox stuff)

Post  PoWdA on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:08 pm

So yesterday me and the girlfriend are leaving the bank and pass by gamestop and she says "lets get guitar hero for the XBOX." I am like "sweet, my girl wants to buy video games, hell yeah."

About $400 and 10 minutes later I have a new XBOX live membership, Forza Motorsports, Call of Duty 4, and Rock Band. Not Guitar Hero, I have Rock Band. That is it came with a guitar, a drumset, and a mic, $170 hole in the wallet for the setup.

I set up Rock Band with my headset so I can jam out on the drums and sing at the same time. I feel like a man god when I play it. Seriously, Emily threw her bra at me while I was paying last night.

Call of Duty 4 on XBOX Live is like crack. Seriously, you guys probobly won't hear from me for a while.

Anyone else play on XBOX live? My username is xXPoWdAXx
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

ugh..... (Xbox stuff) Empty Re: ugh..... (Xbox stuff)

Post  idh78 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:49 pm

PoWdA wrote:

Call of Duty 4 on XBOX Live is like crack. Seriously, you guys probobly won't hear from me for a while.

Anyone else play on XBOX live? My username is xXPoWdAXx

Yup you'll find me on there at least 5 days a week. name is seven dewey
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:58 pm

sweet.

so far I am awful but getting better. what a sweet game.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:56 am

PoWdA wrote:sweet.

I'm not great, but every now and again I will go on a tear...it does get a bit easier once you unlock the good perks, which is why I refuse to enter prestige mode....why would I start over again when I suck? Laughing
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:36 am

idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:sweet.

I'm not great, but every now and again I will go on a tear...it does get a bit easier once you unlock the good perks, which is why I refuse to enter prestige mode....why would I start over again when I suck? Laughing
I don't even know what prestige mode is. But seriously I have a track record with games like these. Like with mechwarrior 2 back in the day I was the leader of a clan. We were ranked 1st in the world for the 6 months I was hooked on the game. Then with battlefield 2 MC for xbox I am a member of the Decepticonz, we were in and out of 1st and 2nd place for months.

Basically I get into these games, don't leave the house, quit jobs, become obsessed, and usually get really really fucking good.

I know, I am a nerd Embarassed

Video games are my biggest weakness Embarassed

Also I am thinking of reverting back to Battlfield, I might like it better still. I liked how you could just hop in any vehicle you could see and drive off or fly in. I also liked the vastness of the levels. The levels in COD4 are kinda small. I have noticed in COD4 the creative ways the designers have created levels that seem to have no corners. Pretty neat, but you never, ever feel safe in a level. A sweet game none the less. I am hooked.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:43 am

You guys should move back in with your parent and set yourself up in their basements.

Geeks.

Laughing
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah, I was king of the... NES back in the day and no one could beat me at Mortal Kombat II in the arcades. Even played some tournaments. lol

I go on these video game kicks every once in a while and will fully throw myself into a game for a month or so (usually when I am getting my ass kicked in poker). Good times! The competitive nature of kicking others' asses in video games is the same competitiveness that makes us poker players. I would be surprised if there was anyone on this site that did not become a game finatic at one time or another.

Oh yeah, first to save the princess in Super Mario Brothers in the small town of Stockton, KS in 1986. Very Happy
Love Guitar Hero III.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:05 am

PoWdA wrote:The levels in COD4 are kinda small. I have noticed in COD4 the creative ways the designers have created levels that seem to have no corners. Pretty neat, but you never, ever feel safe in a level. A sweet game none the less. I am hooked.

I am glad they did this...I hate when people just camp and snipe in games like this....that's why the killcam is so great.

and if you want to hide more, just play hardcore team deathmatch...no radar, friendly fire is on, and you can't see when you are low on ammo.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:16 am

idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:The levels in COD4 are kinda small. I have noticed in COD4 the creative ways the designers have created levels that seem to have no corners. Pretty neat, but you never, ever feel safe in a level. A sweet game none the less. I am hooked.

I am glad they did this...I hate when people just camp and snipe in games like this....that's why the killcam is so great.

and if you want to hide more, just play hardcore team deathmatch...no radar, friendly fire is on, and you can't see when you are low on ammo.
I guess I just enjoy the vastness of the levels in Battlefield. I mean you could tell your teamates before a match which kii they would get and thier job during that round. I could say "you will be a sniper, post on the bridge and cover flag 2 while we go get flag 3 in the chopper." In COD 4 if I even tried to get a sentence like that out I would have a random grenade hit me in the chest or get shot through a wall before I got to "flag 2." I guess I like that there is a ton more strategy in Battlefield in every aspect. Everything from where you spawn to which flags you capture to which kit you choose, I think Battlefield still just delivers better. I like COD4 but I will always be a battlefield guy.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm

yeah I honestly don't like those game for that reason....you actually have to communicate with your teammates to succeed. With Call of Duty 4 I can not even wear my headset and be half drunk and still do just fine.....sure optimally you should work as a team, but I only actually talk to people I know on there.

I guess I'm more of a run around and shoot shit type of player bom
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:19 pm

PoWdA wrote:
idh78 wrote:

I guess I just enjoy the vastness of the levels in Battlefield. I mean you could tell your teamates before a match which kii they would get and thier job during that round. I could say "you will be a sniper, post on the bridge and cover flag 2 while we go get flag 3 in the chopper." In COD 4 if I even tried to get a sentence like that out I would have a random grenade hit me in the chest or get shot through a wall before I got to "flag 2." I guess I like that there is a ton more strategy in Battlefield in every aspect. Everything from where you spawn to which flags you capture to which kit you choose, I think Battlefield still just delivers better. I like COD4 but I will always be a battlefield guy.

You might want to check out that Frontlines game that just came out....might more up your alley...

I am anxiously awaiting Army of Two to show up from gamefly...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum