To go or not? (Part II)

Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty To go or not? (Part II)

Post  pseudoswede on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:00 am

Do I go to Sweden with my wife and kids for six weeks? I'd be working remotely for three weeks, and vacationing/golfing for the other three. Plus, I'd get to enjoy six weeks of 18/19/20-hour days of sunlight.

Or do I leave 2-3 weeks later so I can play some poker with you guys? Laughing

We're travelling back to Denver together, and my wife and kids will have help (her sister and her family) on the way over, too.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  dexman1349 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:45 am

It all depends on the ease of working remotely and your dedication to your work during that 2-3 weeks. I know I don't have the self control to work from somewhere other than my office and would neglect my work for the 2-3 weeks.

We can always use another player at kkravec's game too....

Tough decision.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  pseudoswede on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:27 pm

dexman1349 wrote:It all depends on the ease of working remotely and your dedication to your work during that 2-3 weeks. I know I don't have the self control to work from somewhere other than my office and would neglect my work for the 2-3 weeks.

I already work from home 1-2 times a week, and I spend most of my days on the phone and in front of a computer facilitating meetings. I've worked remotely twice in Sweden already and it's not a big issue (especially since I mainly work with my offshore team in India).
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  kkravec on Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:38 pm

Well.......are you looking for one vacation away from the family and one vaction with them...then it's a no easy and you stay home and play a lot of poker Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
kkravec
kkravec

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  Scrupboy on Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:46 am

Time away from the wife? ...and you get to vacation with the family later? Don't tell me your contemplating a decision. A few weeks at home while the wife and kids are in a safe environment with other family members. "Where should we eat tonight? Oh yeah, I can go anywhere I want!" Cool
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  Stallion on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:11 pm

Scrupboy wrote:Time away from the wife? ...and you get to vacation with the family later? Don't tell me your contemplating a decision. A few weeks at home while the wife and kids are in a safe environment with other family members. "Where should we eat tonight? Oh yeah, I can go anywhere I want!" Cool

Yeah, this is a slam dunk.
Stallion
Stallion

Posts : 212
Join date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  dexman1349 on Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:06 pm

pseudoswede wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:It all depends on the ease of working remotely and your dedication to your work during that 2-3 weeks. I know I don't have the self control to work from somewhere other than my office and would neglect my work for the 2-3 weeks.

I already work from home 1-2 times a week, and I spend most of my days on the phone and in front of a computer facilitating meetings. I've worked remotely twice in Sweden already and it's not a big issue (especially since I mainly work with my offshore team in India).

Well then since it's such a burdon to work remotely, you only have one choice: You must stay home and play poker. I wish there was another way to work it, but I think you're stuck with staying to play poker. Razz
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  pseudoswede on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:49 pm

My wife is now telling me that I should leave later than they do. It may have to do with the fact they'll be too embarrassed to be around me when I get robbed by gypsies at the train station (like they did to me in December ... those bastards).

I'm now targeting 1-2 weeks in Denver before I jet off across the Atlantic.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  idh78 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:20 pm

pseudoswede wrote:My wife is now telling me that I should leave later than they do. It may have to do with the fact they'll be too embarrassed to be around me when I get robbed by gypsies at the train station (like they did to me in December ... those bastards).

I'm now targeting 1-2 weeks in Denver before I jet off across the Atlantic.

when does this fun begin? I might even be able to be talked into playing some bar poker with you down in your neck of the woods one night...I know the Celtic is now doing something where they are doing their own pts system where the top 20 pt getters each month or quarter will get to play for some better prizes than the tour they use gives...as a way to say thank you to all of their regulars....like that degenerate bastard Andy K.
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  pseudoswede on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:30 pm

idh78 wrote:like that degenerate bastard Andy K.

You'd figure I'd run into him every once in a while, but I don't. I guess he's always at the Celtic (even at noon on Wednesdays).
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  idh78 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:36 pm

pseudoswede wrote:
idh78 wrote:like that degenerate bastard Andy K.

You'd figure I'd run into him every once in a while, but I don't. I guess he's always at the Celtic (even at noon on Wednesdays).

I haven't got him to play cards much lately....he does play bar poker every week though.....which is why I had to take some $$ off him golfing this past weekend.
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  pseudoswede on Sat May 10, 2008 11:50 am

I didn't realize how much vacation I've already used this year (five weeks isn't enough--I need like 10). Plus, my boss only approved for me to work remotely for one week. Boo-urns.

I'll be all by my lonesome from July 2 until about July 19/20/21.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Posts : 157
Join date : 2008-04-04

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  ak1971 on Sun May 11, 2008 9:35 pm

shit man...get drunk at the Celtic..
ak1971
ak1971

Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-09
Location : at the ATM 'reloading'

Back to top Go down

To go or not? (Part II) Empty Re: To go or not? (Part II)

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum