Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Queens, 4 handed. Comments?

+3
korkskrew
Scrupboy
dexman1349
7 posters

Go down

Pocket Queens, 4 handed.  Comments? Empty Pocket Queens, 4 handed. Comments?

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2564758

short version: I'm on the small blind with pocket queens and about 18k in chips.

UTG goes all-in with with 18K (I have him covered by 500).
Button calls as the short stack with 6k.

What should I do?

I end up raising the additional 500 to put myself all in, as the BB has everyone covered with 24k.
BB folds.

UTG shows AcJc
Button shows As3s.

Flop comes Ks10d6h
Turn is Ad (fucking 2 outer)
River is 10s.

UTG takes the side pot, Button chops the main pot with UTG, I finish with $5 in 4th.

In hindsight I think I should have folded. UTG had been playing relatively solid, Button was very unpredictable, no need to make it 3 way with the vulnerable queens. On the flip side any high pocket pair is usually pretty good when you're short handed.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pocket Queens, 4 handed.  Comments? Empty Re: Pocket Queens, 4 handed. Comments?

Post  Scrupboy Mon May 05, 2008 5:32 pm

4 handed? Yeah, I would move in with Q's here. You had the best hand PF, so there is no reason to second guess your decision. It's just unfortunate that the turn bested your hand. I love seeing a flop like that with your hands, but what can you do but shrug your shoulders when the 2-outer hit's the board. At least you made the money!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Pocket Queens, 4 handed.  Comments? Empty Re: Pocket Queens, 4 handed. Comments?

Post  korkskrew Mon May 05, 2008 6:06 pm

Were you surprised when UTG turned over AJ?

If the answer is no, you definitly made the right play. You're a huge favorite over all but four possible hands, and a dog to only two. I think the fruit-loop on the button makes the decision even easier, because it improves the pot odds, and may (in fact did) reduce UTG's possible outs.

But you said UTG was solid. If you were surprised to see AJ, I still think I like the push, but I would be thinking I'm about 50-50. Again, the reason I like it is the button's money in the pot.

korkskrew

http://www.milehighpoker.com/DON/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Tue May 06, 2008 1:06 am

Also, given the two calls in front of you, there's an increase chance that A's or K's are split, and that they're drawing to one or two outs. Unfortunately, it hit, but there's nothing wrong with the play. It's only unfortunate that you didn't have any FE on your reshove (which wouldn't have changed things.)
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 7:13 am

The fact that you are 4 handed here makes this a no brainer.

Also it wasn't a 2 outer, it was a 4 outer Wink

Still sucks though.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 8:03 am

PoWdA wrote:Also it wasn't a 2 outer, it was a 4 outer Wink

Yeah I keep forgetting that if I got trips, UTG gets a straight.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue May 06, 2008 10:52 am

If you had won the hand would you have posted it? I think this just sticks out b/c you took a beat here. There's no chance that I fold this here. Right play, crappy result. That, as they say, is poker.

Stupid game.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 11:15 am

Stallion wrote:If you had won the hand would you have posted it? I think this just sticks out b/c you took a beat here. There's no chance that I fold this here. Right play, crappy result. That, as they say, is poker.

Good point. It always seems that just because pocket queens are a ~65/35 favorite over AJ, AJ wins 75% of the time. I just seem to have the worst luck with QQ and JJ.

Yes i actually would have posted the hand. Granted, it wouldn't be here because I would post it on the poker staking forum since this was a staked game. It was getting posted there either case because of the all-in and pot size.

Stallion wrote:
Stupid game.

x2
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue May 06, 2008 11:24 am

dexman1349 wrote:

Good point. It always seems that just because pocket queens are a ~65/35 favorite over AJ, AJ wins 75% of the time.

If I'm the one with Queens in that scenario an A flops roughly 125% of the time. Luckily I play mostly on line so it's not possible to jump across the table and strangle the dealer.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 11:26 am

Stallion wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:

Good point. It always seems that just because pocket queens are a ~65/35 favorite over AJ, AJ wins 75% of the time.

If I'm the one with Queens in that scenario an A flops roughly 125% of the time. Luckily I play mostly on line so it's not possible to jump across the table and strangle the dealer.

Interesting random poker statistic.

Whenever I am holding pocket aces any two random cards become a 2/1 favorite against them. This goes down slightly with 3 opponents and is only a small edge but it is one all players shoudl memorize.

Also Keith isn't one to strangle a dealer, he prefers stabbing.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 am

Stallion wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:

You can always try to strangle the online dealer "Danny Style" by crushing your new laptop, and thus turning your $1 lost buy-in into a $800 bad beat. Very Happy
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 11:28 am

PoWdA wrote:

I have yet to act on it. I've pulled the knife a couple times, but never went through with it... Shocked
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 11:51 am

dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:

I have yet to act on it. I've pulled the knife a couple times, but never went through with it... Shocked
I have literally seen you do this. I think we were at a bar as well. I think everyone was afraid of you after that point.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue May 06, 2008 11:55 am

I'm too afraid to play bar poker, with all of the injuries from the cards, chips, tables etc....not to mention the rogue dealers who attack you at these things..
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 11:55 am

PoWdA wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:

I have literally seen you do this. I think we were at a bar as well. I think everyone was afraid of you after that point.

ALL FEAR THE SKINNY WHITE MAN WITH THE LITTLE POCKET KNIFE!!! HE MIGHT SCRATCH YOU!!! Laughing

If I remember correctly, you were the dealer that night too...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 12:44 pm

Yeah when I said everyone was afraid of you at that point I mostly meant me.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue May 06, 2008 12:53 pm

Seriously, you could put an eye out with that thing......
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Stallion wrote:Seriously, you could put an eye out with that thing......
i coulda let this be the cooler but I will bail you out Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue May 06, 2008 1:01 pm

PoWdA wrote:Yeah when I said everyone was afraid of you at that point I mostly meant me.

I don't know for sure, but it looked like Mayo thought that was funny. Razz
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue May 06, 2008 1:16 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:Yeah when I said everyone was afraid of you at that point I mostly meant me.

I don't know for sure, but it looked like Mayo thought that was funny. Razz
I actually think she was more scared than me Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm

PoWdA wrote:
Stallion wrote:Seriously, you could put an eye out with that thing......
i coulda let this be the cooler but I will bail you out Laughing

Thanks, I'd hate to be known as the thread cooler at more than one forum. My ego couldn't handle it.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down