gg me

Go down

gg me Empty gg me

Post  idh78 on Mon May 26, 2008 1:07 pm

well this is a pretty lame brag since it was bar poker, but I took down the TPT event at the Rail last night. Only about 23 players or so but it still felt nice to win....the $50 cash for first wasn't bad either...free night of drinkin!

the thing that I was most proud of is I actually learned something from a mistake I made the night before when I busted 5th (I know 2 nights in a row for a guy who swore off bar poker)

anyway I had 99 in the BB with about 8000 chips and blinds at 300/600 the pot was opened by a guy who had me covered slightly for 1500....what I should have done was the old stop and go, but instead I shoved and he called with A J.....flop came KK3 so I am pretty sure it would have worked (Ace on the turn bye bye me)

however last night I used both the stop and go and the Juanda play effectively a few times....
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

gg me Empty Re: gg me

Post  kkravec on Tue May 27, 2008 8:52 am

I always find it hard to decide if a stop and go or just a shove is the right play...well done at the Rail Mr. No Bar Poker!!
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy on Tue May 27, 2008 10:52 am

Anytime you win it's not lame! Sometimes it seems more difficult to win bar poker then regular buy in tourneys. Nice win and yeah, the stop and go play or shove is always a tough decision unless you take the time to evaluate and taking more then 20 seconds in bar tourney is like an eternity.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Tue May 27, 2008 4:24 pm

I hear ya....I guess I look at it's this way.....if you figure that you are up against two over cards and you know you are going get called if you shove it all in, then I tend to favor the stop n go since you go from a ~56% favorite to them missing the flop about 2/3 of the time..

of course this also means you have enough chips to do so, and they don't call you with ace high and two overs anyway...

of course if I have the two overcards my money is always going in preflop 90% of the time......(my Yogi Berra comment of the day)
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede on Tue May 27, 2008 5:27 pm

Anytime you can win cash instead of stupid bar tabs is a win in my book.

Well done.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage on Tue May 27, 2008 5:36 pm

Yup. I'm now stuck with 50 in Crown Lanes Bowling Bucks, thanks to last Friday, and I don't even roll...

Man, ya'll gotta come out on short notice some time when I go back there, so I can buy youse a couple pitchers.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Tue May 27, 2008 6:18 pm

Mondogarage wrote:Yup. I'm now stuck with 50 in Crown Lanes Bowling Bucks, thanks to last Friday, and I don't even roll...

Man, ya'll gotta come out on short notice some time when I go back there, so I can buy youse a couple pitchers.

where is this place? It's kinda hard nearly impossible for me to turn down free beer.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage on Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 pm

Crown Lanes, a bowling alley on Federal just south of Evans. I think they run DPT on Tues and Friday, not sure about Tuesday.

Anyway, I only ever go when I'm going out to see bands later in the evening...but I'll make sure to post in here on the day the next time I plan to do so. Probably not this week, and I'm in Vega$ next weekend. Guess I gotta see who's playing in my fave clubs on Friday night...
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum