what is the proper way to handle this situation?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

what is the proper way to handle this situation? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the proper way to handle this situation?

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Much better. The only other thing to add would be that the 7 would be from a large index Bridge deck and the deuce is from a "peek" poker deck.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

what is the proper way to handle this situation? - Page 2 Empty Re: what is the proper way to handle this situation?

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:19 pm

dexman1349 wrote:Much better. The only other thing to add would be that the 7 would be from a large index Bridge deck and the deuce is from a "peek" poker deck.
I didn't add that but I did add "transgender" and "underage". We are talking about bavid here....
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:21 pm

PoWdA wrote: We are talking about bavid here....

I still haven't figured out who here rhymes with bavid... But once I do, I will definately give him shit for all of this...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:25 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote: We are talking about bavid here....

I still haven't figured out who here rhymes with bavid... But once I do, I will definately give him shit for all of this...
Agreed. I have decided to jsut talk about this Bavid guy until we find out who it is. I personally think he is asian and needs to go to Piflers to play bar poker tonight. Either that or he is a white dude that is incredibly mediocre at poker. (the rest of the forum)

It's gotta be one of those 2.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:47 pm

If I figure out who you guys are talking about I'll probably beat him up just for good measure.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 pm

Stallion wrote:If I figure out who you guys are talking about I'll probably beat him up just for good measure.
Okay David. Once I figure out whose name Bavid ryhmes with I am a) banning him and b) rallying the forum together as a posse to kick his ass.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

he probably runs a 3.2 40. These guys would never catch him.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:51 pm

Stallion wrote:he probably runs a 3.2 40. These guys would never catch him.
I know what you guys are thinking: "a 3.2 40? That must be Danny!" but I assure you, it 'isn't me. We'll find this guy.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:54 pm

PoWdA wrote:
I know what you guys are thinking: "a 3.2 40? That must be Danny!" but I assure you, it 'isn't me. We'll find this guy.

Unless he means that he runs for a 40oz beer he got from the grocery store on Sunday... It's got to be Ian!!!
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:12 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:

Unless he means that he runs for a 40oz beer he got from the grocery store on Sunday... It's got to be Ian!!!

I don't drink no forty's....although I did get yelled at for bringing one into Bally's once.

Also I posted this question over at twoplustwo and only a couple responses so far but so far it's looking like this hand is alive and must be continued.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:26 pm

Also I see no way that it can be a dead hand based on these rules....

1. Once action begins, a misdeal cannot be called. The deal will be played, and no money will be returned to any player whose hand is fouled. In button games, action is considered to occur when two players after the blinds have acted on their hands. In stud games, action is considered to occur when two players after the forced bet have acted on their hands.

17. If the deck stub gets fouled for some reason, such as the dealer believing the deal is over and dropping the deck, the deal must still be played out, and the deck reconstituted in as fair a way as possible.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:28 am

idh78 wrote:
In button games, action is considered to occur when two players after the blinds have acted on their hands.

Define what an "action" is please.

17. If the deck stub gets fouled for some reason, such as the dealer believing the deal is over and dropping the deck, the deal must still be played out, and the deck reconstituted in as fair a way as possible.

I understand this but I have 2 problems with this scenario:

1) Has substantial action occurred? Substantial action msut have occurred in order to reconstruct the deck here.

2) The deck was not simply dropped, it was shuffled (I am assuming a "riffle" or 2) into the muck.

Obviously if substantial action has occurred then yes, you simply have to take the deck and deal the hand out. If substantial action has not occurred then you cannot continue with this hand. Can we define action here?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:26 am

PoWdA wrote: Can we define action here?

Yes. I would say that if two players voluntarily put chips into the pot, enough action has occured that the hand must be played out.

I realized the deck is FUBAR, and includes mucked cards but it must be reconstructed in as fair a way as possible...in this case I think you just shuffle normally, cut, burn and go on with the hand.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:28 am

idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote: Can we define action here?

Yes. I would say that if two players voluntarily put chips into the pot, enough action has occured that the hand must be played out.

I realized the deck is FUBAR, and includes mucked cards but it must be reconstructed in as fair a way as possible...in this case I think you just shuffle normally, cut, burn and go on with the hand.
Yeah. I think the best way to avoid this problem is to have dealers that don't suck so bad and there won't be this problem in the future.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 am

PoWdA wrote: Yeah. I think the best way to avoid this problem is to have dealers that don't suck so bad and there won't be this problem in the future.

We try but this "Bavid" guy keeps showing up... Laughing
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:45 am

dexman1349 wrote:
PoWdA wrote: Yeah. I think the best way to avoid this problem is to have dealers that don't suck so bad and there won't be this problem in the future.

Who is telling thsi guy where the games are anyway?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:57 am

PoWdA wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:

Who is telling thsi guy where the games are anyway?

He probably just lurks online and just waits for someone to post something about it. We may need to go to a PM style notification system to avoid this from progressing further...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 pm

I think we just need him to invest in a pokertek table for the group....I'm sure he's got 10 grand laying around somewhere...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:01 pm

That's been tried. Then I just drive by Jon and Paul's houses every saturday night. If there are a bunch of cars outside I just pop in. It was a little ackward the time that I popped in on a Pampered Chef party. Although I did pick up a nice garlic baker and a pizza stone so it wasn't a total loss.........
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 pm

Here's the $10k I have lying around.....
what is the proper way to handle this situation? - Page 2 100_2207
what is the proper way to handle this situation? - Page 2 100_1735
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:45 pm

Stallion wrote:Here's the $10k I have lying around.....

10K? How did you get those for that cheap? Razz
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:58 pm

ebay
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:32 pm

forgot to tell you guys they read my question on air regarding this on pokerroad radio.....I have extracted the clip....

if anyone wants it shoot me your email and I will send it to you...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:25 pm

idh78 wrote:forgot to tell you guys they read my question on air regarding this on pokerroad radio.....I have extracted the clip....

Were they able to find out who Bavid is?
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:31 pm

idh78 wrote:forgot to tell you guys they read my question on air regarding this on pokerroad radio.....I have extracted the clip....

powda@cardplayer.com
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum