Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heading to Vegas!

4 posters

Go down

Heading to Vegas! Empty Heading to Vegas!

Post  Scrupboy Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:48 am

My plans were changed slightly, but the end result is more time in Vegas baby! Originally we were to leave today and return Saturday, but the MGM would not accept our comp due to some blackout dates this week. Luckily, my wife's past slot play got some some pretty decent rates elsewhere. Now we leave tomorrow morning and staying at The Luxor at a rate of $75 for Wednesday and Thursday and get Friday comped. Then it's off to three free nights at MGM Grand Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights. The wife also gets $150 worth of free slot play from MGM.

I'm pretty stoked and can't wait to get out of work today and prepare for a week of poker battling. My plans are to play a couple of the Mega Stack series at Caesars. Hopefully something will go well and I can get my ass into the $1500 WSOP event on Saturday, but that will only be if I can somehow come up $1500 up before that time. I'm rolled for about 5 buyins at the 1/2 NL game so I guess we'll see how it goes. Hopefully I'll have something good to report when I return. Cool
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Heading to Vegas! Empty Re: Heading to Vegas!

Post  dexman1349 Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:51 am

Gl man. Keep us posted on your progress through the weekend.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:45 am

dexman1349 wrote:Gl man. Keep us posted on your progress through the weekend.

+1

I miss Vegas. Used to go 5-6 times a year. Then I got married and had kids.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:00 am

Good luck,Son...maybe time for you to blog again?

Re the Mega Stacks, please be advised those are a long hard slog, and only the final two tables generally even pay over $1k. Still, have fun...I thought it was a fantastic tourney. But if your goal is to try to run a roll up to $1500 for a WSOP donkament, you may have a better chance spending all your time at 1/2NL, because it's going to take 12 hours just to barely break the money bubble at Caesars.

Anyway, have a great trip, and bring back mad mobnies.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Mondogarage wrote:Good luck,Son...maybe time for you to blog again?
What is this blog thing? Razz I enjoyed blogging for the short amount of time I did. If only there was more time in the world!

Mondogarage wrote:Re the Mega Stacks, please be advised those are a long hard slog, and only the final two tables generally even pay over $1k. Still, have fun...I thought it was a fantastic tourney. But if your goal is to try to run a roll up to $1500 for a WSOP donkament, you may have a better chance spending all your time at 1/2NL, because it's going to take 12 hours just to barely break the money bubble at Caesars.
Once I'm in Vegas it's almost non-stop poker for me. Somehow I'll be able to play for days straight with little sleep so hopefully I'll get some NL in before a possible Thursday Mega Stack event. Besides, it's Vegas who needs sleep!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:35 am

Wow! I'm back and have nothing really to report. Once again I'm in Vegas during the WSOP and never even make it to the Rio. This is the third year in a row! I guess I'm waiting until I can buy into one of their events before I trot over there.

Unfortunately, nothing worked out as planned. We stayed at the Luxor the first night and I sat in their poker room for about 15 hours straight. They have a nice promotion there. Every hour they give away $100 to the high hand and any full house with at least $20 in the pot qualifies. I was only able to take down two of these while in the room, once with quad Aces and anther time with aces full of Queens. I stuck to 1/2 NL for the entire time there and twice built my chips to about $500 only to get stacked. Got stacked once when I flopped a set of K's only to get run down by open ended straight flush draw (caught the straight) and another time when I called K's on an over shove on the flop (why would he shove there with a set). That was my night and next day of poker at the Luxor. All together, I drank consistently and ended up leaving down only $150 for the entire session. Couple of notes about the Luxor: Not too much competition for the hourly high hand as at the most there was 5 tables running and at wee hours in the morning there was only 1 table for about an hour making this a nice promotion. No red bull or Patron so if you needed energy it was Sobe and vodka which just doesn't have the same kick to it.

That would be the last of my poker for the majority of this trip. We had the kids with us and I spent the next 4 days at the pool, arcade, site seeing and chowing down at the buffet. I was hoping to gamble a little more, but the wife lost about $600 while visiting the Bass Pro Shop out there and a few more bills downtown. My next small run of poker was at the Golden Nugget. Only spreads they had at the time was 2/4 limit and 1/2 NL on a stacked table. I played 2/4 limit which was just brutal and eventually lost my $100 after about 5 hours.

Never made it to Caesars or Venetian and only walked by the MGM poker tables. I planned on playing a tournament or two, but with the wife and kids I was kind of limited time wise. I had approval to play a Caesars event, but I elected to spend my first hours at the Luxor poker room hoping to hit it big and buy into a WSOP event. Oh well, I guess I have some gamble in me and elected to get my money in live.

The rest of the trip was great and I got some quality time in with the family. Watching the wife lose money in the slot machines is so brutal. She would always start out well and then someone would turn the switch off and she'd be in the hole.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down