HPT Sept 08 thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:07 pm

http://www.heartlandpokertour.com/eventinfo.php?yid=2008&eid=26

Who is playing?

I had big plans last time but then again, you all read my blog on why I was unable to make it (hint: Evans birth)

Well this year I will be in school full time and working full time so I am planning on no messing around. I will be playing the $340's and after I get a seat I will try for another to sell so I can free roll (with some profit). What are everyones plans?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  kkravec on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:37 pm

Last time I was at the Gates, I overheard some of the dealers saying you won't be able to sell seats this next time. Something to look into before you go to play - I'm sure Scrup can check it out next time he goes to play.
kkravec
kkravec

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Mondogarage on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:45 am

Well, same as before, it's going to depend entirely on work. I plan on buying into one $340, assuming I'm going to be able to do it.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  ak1971 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:57 am

We should all pick a weekend and go up. It was pretty cool to run into a bunch of the people up there the last time.
ak1971
ak1971

Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-09
Location : at the ATM 'reloading'

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Wetdog on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:35 am

"Reminder: If you accumulate five seats into HPT Qualifiers, you can combine them into an entry into the HPT Main Event."

From the structure page of the $80 and $115 satellites.
Wetdog
Wetdog

Posts : 98
Join date : 2007-12-25
Age : 69
Location : Circling the drain, dragging everything I can reach with me

http://wetdogpoker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  idh78 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:55 am

we'll see how vegas goes in a couple weeks.... Then I will have a better idea....I would like to play in a $340
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Scrupboy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 am

Wetdog wrote:"Reminder: If you accumulate five seats into HPT Qualifiers, you can combine them into an entry into the HPT Main Event."

From the structure page of the $80 and $115 satellites.
I thought they changed this rule last time they were here in April. From memory, I think that you now receive cash for your win of a single table SNG and it's your responsibility to buy yourself into a $340 event. This eliminated the problem of people having certificates to qualifiers and selling out of qualifiers before they were able to sign in.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  grasshopp3r on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:43 pm

In April, they gave out cash instead of the seats. I hope that they do that again.

Also, they changed the sat format so that they pay 3 places in the $115 SNG, which should reduce variance. Bubble play should be interesting. I don't know if they had any of the $40 sats running in April as the $80 SNGs that paid 2 places were so popular.

Does anyone want to play some SNGs with the HPT structure here without the high fees? I would play or run them.

grasshopp3r

Posts : 40
Join date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:33 pm

grasshopp3r wrote:In April, they gave out cash instead of the seats. I hope that they do that again.

Also, they changed the sat format so that they pay 3 places in the $115 SNG, which should reduce variance. Bubble play should be interesting. I don't know if they had any of the $40 sats running in April as the $80 SNGs that paid 2 places were so popular.

Does anyone want to play some SNGs with the HPT structure here without the high fees? I would play or run them.
If I had more time I might consider this. I am currently planning on just buying into a $340, probobly on the 21st.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Mondogarage on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:07 pm

PoWdA wrote:
grasshopp3r wrote:In April, they gave out cash instead of the seats. I hope that they do that again.

Also, they changed the sat format so that they pay 3 places in the $115 SNG, which should reduce variance. Bubble play should be interesting. I don't know if they had any of the $40 sats running in April as the $80 SNGs that paid 2 places were so popular.

Does anyone want to play some SNGs with the HPT structure here without the high fees? I would play or run them.
If I had more time I might consider this. I am currently planning on just buying into a $340, probobly on the 21st.

I can't play the 21st, as I've got tix to final Rox home game, but may try the 28th. That is, if I can find my doomswitch and turn it off, first. My run-bad chromosome has taken over the gene pool the last several weeks. I may try a standard issue BH tourney first, as a satellite of sorts. I don't dig on the structure of the HPT SNGs.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:18 pm

Mondogarage wrote:
PoWdA wrote:
grasshopp3r wrote:In April, they gave out cash instead of the seats. I hope that they do that again.

Also, they changed the sat format so that they pay 3 places in the $115 SNG, which should reduce variance. Bubble play should be interesting. I don't know if they had any of the $40 sats running in April as the $80 SNGs that paid 2 places were so popular.

Does anyone want to play some SNGs with the HPT structure here without the high fees? I would play or run them.
If I had more time I might consider this. I am currently planning on just buying into a $340, probobly on the 21st.

I can't play the 21st, as I've got tix to final Rox home game, but may try the 28th. That is, if I can find my doomswitch and turn it off, first. My run-bad chromosome has taken over the gene pool the last several weeks. I may try a standard issue BH tourney first, as a satellite of sorts. I don't dig on the structure of the HPT SNGs.
If I remember correctly the $340 structures were great. The sng structures are awful luckfests.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Scrupboy on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 am

Wow! I hope to finally make the ME. I have come in two and five away from qualifying in the last two events. Not sure when I will make it up, but I plan to play in at least one qualifier. If they are running $115 SNG's that pay top 3, I may try a few of these. During the first HPT event, I placed third 3 times.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Stallion on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:40 am

ak1971 wrote:We should all pick a weekend and go up. It was pretty cool to run into a bunch of the people up there the last time.

I don't know, I ran in to some real weirdos last time.....


Very Happy
Stallion
Stallion

Posts : 212
Join date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Stallion wrote:
ak1971 wrote:We should all pick a weekend and go up. It was pretty cool to run into a bunch of the people up there the last time.

I don't know, I ran in to some real weirdos last time.....


Very Happy

Me too.

Donkey's.

Everywhere.

Especially near the video poker. WOW that was bad...
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  idh78 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 am

well I can't deny losing about $240 yet none of which went towards the HPT....
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Wetdog on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 am

I'll be going up somewhere from the 24th on. I'm taking the time off from work, so I'm gonna give it a go. I was in a federal jury pool in April and couldn't make it then.

So are the SNGs pretty close to bar poker luckfests?
Wetdog
Wetdog

Posts : 98
Join date : 2007-12-25
Age : 69
Location : Circling the drain, dragging everything I can reach with me

http://wetdogpoker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Stallion on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 am

The sng's are just pushfests. I played in an $80 last time around and got lucky when I flopped a set vs. an overpair AI pre-flop; shouldn't have cashed. 10 minute blinds which makes it jam or fold pretty quick.
Stallion
Stallion

Posts : 212
Join date : 2007-12-24

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Wetdog wrote:I'll be going up somewhere from the 24th on. I'm taking the time off from work, so I'm gonna give it a go. I was in a federal jury pool in April and couldn't make it then.

So are the SNGs pretty close to bar poker luckfests?
They are worse. I mean way worse. It doesn't matter if you are Phil Ivey or my 4 year old little brother, you both have about the same chance of cashing.

If you aren't getting nailed with the deck good luck.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Scrupboy on Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:40 pm

I downloaded some of the information from the HPT website. At the bottom of the format it indicates that you could trade in 5 satellite wins for a ME seat. I wonder if this means they are giving certificates to the qualifiers instead of cash as they did in April. Maybe they just take your information down and if you win 5 satellites you can buy straight into the ME. Anyone hear anything about this?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Mondogarage on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:53 pm

Scrupboy wrote:I downloaded some of the information from the HPT website. At the bottom of the format it indicates that you could trade in 5 satellite wins for a ME seat. I wonder if this means they are giving certificates to the qualifiers instead of cash as they did in April. Maybe they just take your information down and if you win 5 satellites you can buy straight into the ME. Anyone hear anything about this?

I don't *know* the answer, but given Colo's buy-in limit rules, I suspect it would have to be the former, because under state law, you can't buy in to a tournament beyond $500. The state law doesn't contain an exception for winning five satellites. So if they're letting that happen, I suspect it would have to be that you get certs to the qualifiers. Or maybe they're not doing the "win five sats, you're in the ME" thing after all.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Mondogarage on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Okay, I'm probably not going...not after the brutality of the last couple of days. Ugh. I don't care that the buy-ins are so different...running like ass is running like ass.

Final decision after tonight's random luckboxery or lack thereof....
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:53 pm

As of now it is up in the air as to wether or not I go.

I ended up not going last week due to sheer laziness and thsi weekend I am moving (finally). I am hoping to be done by Sunday so I can take a shot at qualifying.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Scrupboy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 pm

PoWdA wrote:As of now it is up in the air as to wether or not I go.

I ended up not going last week due to sheer laziness and thsi weekend I am moving (finally). I am hoping to be done by Sunday so I can take a shot at qualifying.
Where are you moving? Is it because of your dumbass neighbor?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  PoWdA on Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:21 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
PoWdA wrote:As of now it is up in the air as to wether or not I go.

I ended up not going last week due to sheer laziness and thsi weekend I am moving (finally). I am hoping to be done by Sunday so I can take a shot at qualifying.
Where are you moving? Is it because of your dumbass neighbor?
Yeah I am moving to wheat ridge near 38th and garrison. Yes it is because of my asshat neigbor. It sucks, but I can't have my family there anymore.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Mondogarage on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Well, good luck to everyone going. I decided tonight not to go. I swear, if someone calls my reshove with J8 off and hits, just on the bubble....or calls my 4 bet shove (with QQ on button) with A9 and hits A on the river, for a stack big enough to take me to $$$ in a $40k guarantee...or runner runner flushes me TWO from the money in a 500 player tournament....

If that happened to me up at GG, I'd be more likely to throw them through a glass door, instead of just smashing my mouse enough to break it. I simply can't take the horrible beat by a horrible player three spots before the $340 qualifier bubble. It's so bad, I'm correctly predicting the river that beats me just about every time now.

Oh yeah, the above still stands, even though I just finished taking down the Bodog $10+1 turbo MTT for a $429 payday. It doesn't change my mega killadonk emotional state Evil or Very Mad
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

HPT Sept 08 thread Empty Re: HPT Sept 08 thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum