Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From my blog...

4 posters

Go down

From my blog... Empty From my blog...

Post  Mondogarage Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Not exactly an interesting hand, per se, but I thought it was funny. From bar poker, of course:

Playing a bar poker single table SNG, of a real turbo variety, and a lot of 'orrible non-poker playing mofos who like TV shows of people with funny reflective glasses. 11 players, starting stacks of 2000, blinds of 200/400 (with about 5 minutes to 500/1000):

1st hand in, I lose 400 by calling from the SB.

2nd hand, on the button: AA (woohoo!)

FIVE flat calls in front of me (I told you play was 'orrible). Jam 1600 from the button. Only the SB folds. BB reshoves for his 2k stack, and all five of the flat callers call the rereraise. So I'm seeing five cards with AA 7-handed. Sick. I haven't plugged that into the PokerStove, but I'm pretty sure I could not have been more than 30% PF with all those callers. I can't get AA to hold heads-up, much less 7-handed?

I don't even remember the full board, but flop was something like 337, couple more random cards, and yeah, AA held. So two hands in to an 11-player tourney, we're down to 5 players (lost one on 1st hand), and I've got about 58% of the chips. The rest was easy, gg me. Ship the $10 gift certificate to be used on a future Chicken Monterey sammich. (Sadly, I went out of the $300 real portion of the day by calling quads with the raggiest boat I've ever been in.)
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

From my blog... Empty Re: From my blog...

Post  Stallion Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:07 pm

Mondogarage wrote: starting stacks of 2000, blinds of 200/400

Holy hell, you're 5bb deep and just started? Jam or fold from the get go I guess, huh?
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:23 pm

Yup. That's not a normal structure, though.

At this event, there's a main event (stacks of 2k to 3k depending on points position, opening blinds of 25/50), and a consolation game (2k stacks, blinds one level behind the main event).

These were just extra 1-table SNGs that you could join after crashing out of consolation. Not a true test of anything. But still...AA holding up 7way to get 1/2 the chips at the table, I thought it was rather humorous.

FWIW, I generally dislike 1-table SNGs, since they're pretty much pushbot strategy games, with very little post-flop poker.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:46 pm

those starting stacks and blinds are insane!!!

Also mondo i was looking at your blogs and noticed "luckownage" as one of the blogs you read... How did you stumble onto that one? Its a good blog and I "know" kevin from another forum I post on. He is a good player and a true degenerate.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:53 am

I came across Lucko's blog about a year or so ago, through reading Hoy's blog. I used to play the Mookie bloggament sorta semi regularly back then, but eventually went FTP busto for a bit and, more importantly, I really have to limit the amount of time I play online. Lucko is a true degen, but a very talented player, as well. Unfortunately, it seems Kevin's over the whole blogging thing. I'll say this much, even if I could play 24/7, there's no way I could approach his level of degeneracy - Lucko is a champeen in that department. Razz

Last edited by on Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:40 am

I've met him and played with him. He's even more of a degenerate than you could imagine. Great guy!
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 am

Stallion wrote:I've met him and played with him. He's even more of a degenerate than you could imagine. Great guy!

this isn't the Kevin who sold his landscaping business ahwhile back is it?

Edit: nope isn't him....the Kevin I know fits the profile, but he is also probably too lazy to actually write a blog
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum