Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand)

5 posters

Go down

I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand) Empty I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand)

Post  PoWdA Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:29 pm

PokerStars Game #21844746147: Tournament #117601974, $30+$3 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/11/07 19:26:50 ET
Table '117601974 26' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Shepstar (6455 in chips)
Seat 2: Look_out87 (3650 in chips)
Seat 3: FloppyMcNutZ (4350 in chips)
Seat 4: Siya1 (4625 in chips)
Seat 5: Vampire Baby (6250 in chips)
Seat 6: mikedame69 (9670 in chips)
Look_out87: posts small blind 75
FloppyMcNutZ: posts big blind 150
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FloppyMcNutZ [Jh Jc]
Siya1: folds
Vampire Baby: folds
mikedame69: folds
Shepstar: raises 300 to 450
Look_out87: folds
FloppyMcNutZ: calls 300
*** FLOP *** [6h 5h Kd]
FloppyMcNutZ: checks
Shepstar: bets 600
FloppyMcNutZ: folds
Uncalled bet (600) returned to Shepstar
Shepstar collected 975 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 975 | Rake 0
Board [6h 5h Kd]
Seat 1: Shepstar (button) collected (975)
Seat 2: Look_out87 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: FloppyMcNutZ (big blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 4: Siya1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Vampire Baby folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: mikedame69 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand) Empty Re: I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand)

Post  kkravec Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 pm

NIT!!! Very Happy Very Happy lol!

It's early, but is it still during the rebuy period? I might re-raise pre flop to guage his reaction and try to determine his strength. As played I feel is also fine. No need to get over involved in a huge pot with Jacks.

GL if you are still in the tourney
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand) Empty Re: I feel so weak tight... ($33+R hand)

Post  snowocean Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:49 pm

Yeah.....JJ is a tough hand to play out of the blind unless you or your opponent is short. If your heads up with a weaker opponent I really like a call, then lead for about 400. With 975 in the pot its a strong enough bet where he will drop a lot of different hands. I play in a lot smaller limits, but I see a lot of people smooth call here with weaker pocket pairs. If they do this they will check to your check on the turn 95% of the time. The only problem is you are always in a dilemna on the river. I certainly haven't mastered the river play, but a lot of the time I will put a defensive bet out there. If a guy thinks your messing around they will call light once in a while......the thing that I hate about that play though is they NEVER fold the better hand in that spot. I really don't like betting unless its a bluff or I have a strong hand. The bottom line is when you play out of position against decent players you are at a disadvantage, so either play like a nit(when out of position) and wait for better spots or be prepared to have yourself in situations where there is a tough decision(s) to be made.

Against a stronger opponent a pre-flop raise could take the pot down. If he re-raises all-in and he has been really active I don't mind calling, but am not enamored with it. If he calls your re-raise its a really hard spot. You basically have to make a decision after the flop whether your hand is worth all your chips or isn't....the pots just too big to bet anything less than your entire stack IMO.....
snowocean
snowocean

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:28 am

eh. To lazy to read the hand without it being converted.

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:38 am

Math Backwards wrote:eh. To lazy to read the hand without it being converted.

<--- wayyyyyyy to lazy to convert a hand....

I ended up cashing the tourney. I rarely call preflop, espescially OOP, but this guy kept moving on my blinds and at the same time, I don't think he is capable of folding to a re-raise. He was that kind of maniac. Also this is outside of the re-buy period. I am basically set mining with jacks here because like I said, I don't think he really folds even a pair to me here so if I flop a set, I double up. I feel weak tight, but I think this play was the safe one.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:12 am

PoWdA wrote:

I ended up cashing the tourney.

Well done. You must not play many events where players will call off 70% of their chips out of position on the actual bubble with A5o.

That shitbird cost me a good cash in a $12r this weekend. I hate poker these days. Evil or Very Mad
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down