POGUE MAHONE'S

Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  kkravec on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:42 pm

We played TPT at Pogue Mahone's on Tuesday night and I have to say it was a pretty solid game. It was well run and the play was respectable (especially for free bar poker). The food was good too - burger and a brew for $10 and &1 off every beer after... not bad. If anyone is in the Parker area and looking for a good game Tuesday nights, you should check it out.

<---- wishes TPT would start players with a bigger chip stack Smile
kkravec
kkravec

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:55 pm

kkravec wrote:<---- wishes TPT would start players with a bigger chip stack Smile

<--- wishes TPT would at least give more $25 chips for as much as they're needed. It gets annoying that after only 20 minutes of play, the dealer is already required to give change for the blinds.

Danny- could you make a comment about this to Rico next time you see him? I've sent him a PM on denverpoker.com
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:25 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
kkravec wrote:<---- wishes TPT would start players with a bigger chip stack Smile

<--- wishes TPT would at least give more $25 chips for as much as they're needed. It gets annoying that after only 20 minutes of play, the dealer is already required to give change for the blinds.

Danny- could you make a comment about this to Rico next time you see him? I've sent him a PM on denverpoker.com
Yeah I will see him this weekend and say something. To tell you the truth I enjoy haveing the yellows that way. You only have to color up once (until the Final table obviously) and you really don't have the yellows longer than an hour and 20 minutes anyway. I will mention something though as having a few more yellows on the table couldn't hurt.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  kkravec on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:31 pm

PoWdA wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:
kkravec wrote:<---- wishes TPT would start players with a bigger chip stack Smile

<--- wishes TPT would at least give more $25 chips for as much as they're needed. It gets annoying that after only 20 minutes of play, the dealer is already required to give change for the blinds.

Danny- could you make a comment about this to Rico next time you see him? I've sent him a PM on denverpoker.com
Yeah I will see him this weekend and say something. To tell you the truth I enjoy haveing the yellows that way. You only have to color up once (until the Final table obviously) and you really don't have the yellows longer than an hour and 20 minutes anyway. I will mention something though as having a few more yellows on the table couldn't hurt.

How about throwing out the idea of 2,000 or 2,500 in starting chips? Is there a reason he's sticking with 1,500? I will say that I really like that you don't have to post if you sit down from the waitlist anymore (at least no one had to Tueday).
kkravec
kkravec

Posts : 194
Join date : 2008-01-08

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:48 pm

kkravec wrote:
PoWdA wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:
kkravec wrote:<---- wishes TPT would start players with a bigger chip stack Smile

<--- wishes TPT would at least give more $25 chips for as much as they're needed. It gets annoying that after only 20 minutes of play, the dealer is already required to give change for the blinds.

Danny- could you make a comment about this to Rico next time you see him? I've sent him a PM on denverpoker.com
Yeah I will see him this weekend and say something. To tell you the truth I enjoy haveing the yellows that way. You only have to color up once (until the Final table obviously) and you really don't have the yellows longer than an hour and 20 minutes anyway. I will mention something though as having a few more yellows on the table couldn't hurt.

How about throwing out the idea of 2,000 or 2,500 in starting chips? Is there a reason he's sticking with 1,500? I will say that I really like that you don't have to post if you sit down from the waitlist anymore (at least no one had to Tueday).
Yeah no more posting is definetly a good thing. I always HATED to make people post and totally agreed with them when they were like WTF? But I still had to make them post. I am only a worker bee...

I will also throw the more starting chips idea at him as well. I believe he is sticking with 1500 because it is a good average chip amount to start with and the fact of the matter is, the bar has to close sometime! Certain places, even casinos, have started out giving more chips but higher starting blinds which is a rip off. I don't think anyone wants to see that happen. Since the blinds do not increase for the first hour maybe instead of more chips starting the blinds out lower could be another idea. Starting at say 25/25? This is how major tourneys are run. It may sound small but that extra 20 minutes where the blinds are only 25/50 could add a lot to the tourney. I will run both ideas by him. I will ask him about it for sure, the lower blind idea was just something I thought up while typing this.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Yeah, some of the bars don't put cards in the air until 8 pm instead of the usual 7. The lower starting blinds I think would work better than the larger stacks in that it only prolongs the game by 30-45 minutes. If you started with a 25/25, then you could run that for the first 30 minutes. Return to the original 25/50 for the second 30 minutes regardless of waitlist. It won't be much of a disadvantage to those on the waitlist (unless the list takes longer than an hour to empty). Plus it would serve as a slight incentive to show up early (possible revenue increase for the bar, too?).

After playing for a few times with the new chip structure (without the reds), it's grown on me and I think I actually prefer it. The only thing I would change is the ratio of blue to yellow like previously stated. There is no advantage to having that many blue on the table for the first hour simply because once the blinds go up to 100/200, the dealer colors up anyways.

MORE YELLOW CHIPS!!!!
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  idh78 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:05 pm

dammit you guys.....you are making me want to go play bar poker! I can't make Chammps tonight as I am writing this from work, and I'm just too beat to drive over there...

thank God our regular game is this Saturday *shameless plug* still room for like 10 more last I checked....for your $40 you won't have more fun elsewhere.
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  ak1971 on Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 pm

idh78 wrote:dammit you guys.....you are making me want to go play bar poker! I can't make Chammps tonight as I am writing this from work, and I'm just too beat to drive over there...

thank God our regular game is this Saturday *shameless plug* still room for like 10 more last I checked....for your $40 you won't have more fun elsewhere.

What is this bar poker you speak of? I wont play anymore that I have to deal with rougue dealers and deadly tables Shocked
ak1971
ak1971

Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-09
Location : at the ATM 'reloading'

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  idh78 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm

ak1971 wrote:
What is this bar poker you speak of? I wont play anymore that I have to deal with rougue dealers and deadly tables Shocked

there is no Brian Masters on this site...hopefully it stays that way.
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  Scrupboy on Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:05 pm

ak1971 wrote:What is this bar poker you speak of? I wont play anymore that I have to deal with rougue dealers and deadly tables Shocked
...still makes me laugh. Razz
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  idh78 on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
ak1971 wrote:What is this bar poker you speak of? I wont play anymore that I have to deal with rougue dealers and deadly tables Shocked
...still makes me laugh. Razz

agreed...even though he is an ass....some of his idiocracy can be pretty amusing
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

POGUE MAHONE'S Empty Re: POGUE MAHONE'S

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum