Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tracking Results

2 posters

Go down

Tracking Results Empty Tracking Results

Post  snowocean Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:41 pm

I am curious if anyone on this forum keeps track of there cash game results? I have been playing better lately and decided I was going to track results this year and figure out which games I have more success in and really focus on moving up in limits for games I am profitable. I made a spreadsheet and have been tracking all cash game play(online only). So general questions I have are:

What hourly rate should you be trying to achieve before moving up? Or would a certain number of buy-ins at the next level be appropriate?
How many hours of play in a particular game should you put in before you can consider your hourly rate somewhat legit?

I have logged about 15 hours of play so far for a grand total of 2.77/hour(microstakes baby), but feel I am running above the curve as they say.

I already have answers in mind, but would really like opinions from other people.......any input appreciated.

And if anyone wants the file let me know.

Thanks!

snowocean
snowocean
snowocean

Back to top Go down

Tracking Results Empty Re: Tracking Results

Post  kkravec Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:19 pm

SnowOcean wrote:
What hourly rate should you be trying to achieve before moving up? Or would a certain number of buy-ins at the next level be appropriate?

I'm not sure if you should look at results based on hourly play or if you should break it down by BB/100 hands. Hourly rate may seem a little tougher to calcuate based on different tables playing at different paces and if you are only playing one table at a time or many. There is a fine line between multi-tabling that increases your profit, but at a certain level you lose some of your profitablility.

I do feel that you should regulate table selection based on buy in, depending on how much gamble you'd like to have available. I think Danny could speak to this a little better, but I've heard the golden rule should be about 20 buy-ins. I think that may be a little restrictive and is also based on the assumption that you couldn't reload if needed.

Not sure if this help, but thought I'd offer my opinion.
Keith

GL in your grind up
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down