Arrested!

Go down

Arrested! Empty Arrested!

Post  Denver Poker Tour on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:14 pm

Matt Sowash, aka Matt Bradford and Andrew "Doc" Hicks (Formerly of APT Stars, and currently Pokernetwork247.com) were arrested by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation on Tuesday after being charged with 5 counts each of Securities Fraud in regards to their past "poker tour" business dealings.

Matt Sowash was picked up at his "film studios" where he was apparently living and taken to jail. Andrew "Doc" Hicks arrived to post bail for Matt Sowash, and was promptly arrested as well.

Keep an eye on the nextfew days Denver Post for more details.

Brian Masters

PS. I was contacted by several victims of their alledged crimes, and I was asked to post this information on their behalf.

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Arrested! Empty Re: Arrested!

Post  dexman1349 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:23 pm

If you don't mind me asking, what is the source of this information? I did not see anything posted on either the DenverPost website or on the 9news website.

Not calling you a liar, just curious as to where this info came from.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arrested! Empty Arrested

Post  Denver Poker Tour on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

My understanding is that the local area tv, newspaper, and magazine providers are working on the story as we speak.

I was also able to confirm the arrests with a representative of the CBI.

Brian Masters

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Arrested! Empty More about arrest

Post  Denver Poker Tour on Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:51 am

Last edited by Denver Poker Tour on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added additional web address)

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Arrested! Empty Matt Sowash found guilty.

Post  Denver Poker Tour on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Matt Sowash was convicted in a Jefferson County Courthouse on Monday November 23rd. Many of the victims were given the oppourtunity to speak out.

Matt Sowash apologized saying he had been trying to work, including doing menial labor jobs over the last several years in order to pay off his debts. The victims responded by informing the judge they had never been paid back. I was able to speak and inform the judge that Matt Sowash had created the www.pokernetwork247.com and www.pokersme.com businesses during this time when he said he was not involved in any "poker related" business. A virtual copy, in my opinion of his Amateur Poker Tour business, which he is also looking at charges for his involvement in those businesses.

The Judge looked Matt Sowash straight in the eye and called him a "Liar".

Andrew "Doc" Hicks heads to court next week for his role in the APT as well.

See the attached links:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_13859994
and
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2009/11/more_details_about_former_poke.php

It is nice to see that after all of these years, the agents at the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and all of their hard work has finally paid off.

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Last edited by Denver Poker Tour on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Arrested! Empty Re: Arrested!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum