Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested reading list for NLHE cash games beginner?

Go down

Suggested reading list for NLHE cash games beginner?  Empty Suggested reading list for NLHE cash games beginner?

Post  john111_x Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:52 am

Hey guys,

Is there a suggested reading list for someone who has some experience with NLHE cash games but who wants to make a serious attempt at getting better and actually playing it for more than a hobby? I'm asking for a buddy of mine who is asking me for some help on getting started. I have a ton of books to loan him, but I'm really not sure where to start. This would be (at least temporarily) for live $1/$2 games. Books targeting online play would be fine too I'm sure if applicable.

A read order (for beginner) would be especially helpful.

On a separate note...what are the poker books that I should be reading, re-reading, highlighting, taking notes on, memorizing, etc. for $1/$2 NLHE live cash games? I have already read most of the books, I would like to pick a select few (2-3) that I should really hunker down and study and practice carefully now. I know I need to think on my own and make sure to incorporate all the different variables, but I would like a strong foundation/theoretically correct solid line of play to start with and alter it depending on conditions from there if needed. I would have a lot more confidence in my abilities if I can be sure of the "correct" default play. Oftentimes I find myself wondering what it is.

Thanks

john111_x

Back to top Go down