John Phan is my hero

Go down

John Phan is my hero Empty John Phan is my hero

Post  idh78 on Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:01 pm

Coming into the day’s action with just over 37,000 in chips, John “The Razor” Phan quickly became the center of attention as he loudly played pot after pot and drank beer after beer. While on his second beer of the day, Phan got a laugh from the table when Rousso moved all in on his big blind.

He asked Rousso, “Vanessa, do you want some chips?” When Rousso responded that she did, Phan offered her some of his Fritos. Then Phan started chatting up the dealer saying, “I can get drunk at my job. I really should fire myself. Of course, I think I play better with alcohol.” Just as the word “alcohol” left his mouth, it created some confusion, as Rousso heard the words “I call.” Luckily, she didn’t expose her hand and Phan mucked without much more thought.

Phan, or “The Razor”, soon began playing every pot, and his chip stack reflected his wild and brash decisions. Phan’s stack would rise dramatically, peaking near the chip lead, and then be near the felt just minutes later.

Usually the aggressor, he would agonize over each decision he made, usually while ordering another Corona, much to the dismay of his opponents. At one point, he ordered a few bottles of Dom Perignon for Kathy Liebert and himself, and proceeded to chug a glass before calling an all in.

Despite his obvious inebriation, Phan routinely got opponents to give him their stacks, as they often shoved on his bets with little to no outs. Phan ended the day with 169,000 and will quite possibly start tomorrow with a hangover.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

John Phan is my hero Empty Re: John Phan is my hero

Post  Scrupboy on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:20 pm

That would totally be me if I could play at those levels everyday! cheers

I am always the rowdy one at the final table. Not drunk, but buzzed enough to have fun. I play much better with a few drinks, but I don't think I've ever played without a drink. Perhaps I would be better if completely sober.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:53 am

Scrupboy wrote:That would totally be me if I could play at those levels everyday! cheers

I am always the rowdy one at the final table. Not drunk, but buzzed enough to have fun. I play much better with a few drinks, but I don't think I've ever played without a drink. Perhaps I would be better if completely sober.

I also very rarely play sober.....I find that I can play a lot tighter...but have way less fun...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum