Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sick of the Super Bowl Yet?

+4
CardJunkie
idh78
Mondogarage
dexman1349
8 posters

Go down

Sick of the Super Bowl Yet? Empty Sick of the Super Bowl Yet?

Post  dexman1349 Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:35 am

I'm really getting tired of all this "Moss said this, Brady said that, who's wearing a boot, blah, blah, blah." Mad

All of this "analysis" provided by the sports media would better be suited for US Weekly or Soap Opera Digest. Sleep

When will we hear about the Pats defense giving up ?? points per game vs the west coast offense (or something like that)? Question

I guess this is why the Super Bowl has consistantly lower TV ratings than the previous year, fans are just burned out.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sick of the Super Bowl Yet? Empty Re: Sick of the Super Bowl Yet?

Post  Mondogarage Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:47 am

I don't know much about ratings the last few years, but my approach has been to basically watch no pregame coverage until game day. The ESPN hype machine is disgusting, to begin with, and has been ever since they first became part of Disney. I really am looking forward to the actual game this year, though.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:45 am

I would love to see the Pats choke, but it's not going to happen.....but at least as a consolation prize we will no longer have to listen to those insufferable sound bites from Mercury Morris.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  CardJunkie Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:00 pm

I can't get sick of football because I know the next 7 months are gonna suck. However, I don't have cable TV so my exposure the pregame hype has been minimal. It's a total circus.

Anybody else watching the UFC on Saturday? I love to go to the Broomfield event in April but tickets were going for $225. Insane.
CardJunkie
CardJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:04 pm

CardJunkie wrote:I can't get sick of football because I know the next 7 months are gonna suck. However, I don't have cable TV so my exposure the pregame hype has been minimal. It's a total circus.

Anybody else watching the UFC on Saturday? I love to go to the Broomfield event in April but tickets were going for $225. Insane.

My TV is almost always on NBC, Fox, or ESPN. I haven't even bothered turning my TV on in the last week, because I know ESPN is all about "The Quest for Perfection" and the shows on NBC / Fox have started falling off the map due to the writers strike.

Nothing to watch for 7 months? Starting in 2 weeks is NASCAR baby!!! cheers

Plus there is always March Madness which starts hyping up here in the next few weeks, too.

Never seen, nor had any desire to watch UFC. I got nothing against those who do, but it's just not my thing.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:29 pm

I can't think of 2 teams I'd rather see lose.... Unfortunately, one of them will win.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:56 pm

kkravec wrote:I can't think of 2 teams I'd rather see lose.... Unfortunately, one of them will win.
I second this.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:04 pm

I root for two teams only. The Broncos and anyone playing the Pats. Can't stand Brady and I don't think I could stand watching the Pats win another SB.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:54 pm

CardJunkie wrote:I can't get sick of football because I know the next 7 months are gonna suck.

I know I will get flamed for this, but football season ended for me a few weeks ago. NCAA football....I know the BCS is a joke and whatnot but college football is so much more interesting to me....every game means so much more....the rivalries are better....and they are ten times better to watch in person.

However my true passion starts up in about 2 months.....baseball, and fantasy baseball.....fantasy football has nothing on fantasy baseball.....it requires more time, effort and skill....

yes baseball is in a sad state right now but I still get excited to think that this could be the year for my loveable losers....the Cubbies.

it would also be nice to see another great season out of the Rockies....going to see playoff baseball games in
Denver was pretty surreal....
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:36 pm

The two big problems I have with college football are:

1) The BCS for obvious reasons. What's wrong with a playoff system, really? Anytime a 6-6 (or was it 7-6) team like CU can get into a bowl game, something is wrong. A subsection of this is the www.I-need-a-sponsor.com bowls that last for 2 months. There is just too many average and below average teams being allowed any truly respectful postseason, thus also lowering the perceived quality and respect of the real championship games.

2) All the games are either total blowouts or 3OT games, and I've seen way too many blowouts to consider college football true sport. Reason being that those powerhouse teams purposfully play Division 2 teams or bottom of the barrel D1 teams, just to boost their win/loss.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:21 pm

We printed out a portion of the Las Vegas Hilton's Super Bowl prop bets and Bodog's prop bets for the Super Bowl party we attended. Each person was given $5k in funny money and minimum bets were $100. Person with the most money after the post-game wins.

Some good ones included...

... who will the MVP of the Super Bowl thank first.
... what will the last song be played by Tom Petty during halftime.
... how long will the national anthem last?
... longest field goal vs. Phil Mickelson's final round score at the Dubai Classic (-27.5).

And one we made up...

... color of Gatorade splashed on the winning coach. You can't imagine how riveted to the TV we were waiting for that moment...then we yelled "Water!!!". I believe I put water down as +150.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down