Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul)

+2
Mondogarage
PoWdA
6 posters

Go down

Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul) Empty Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul)

Post  PoWdA Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:17 pm

I shoulda called right? how do YOU play this hand?

PokerStars Game #15091142060: Tournament #76481986, $6.00+$0.50 Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2008/02/05 - 23:12:42 (ET)
Table '76481986 1' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: terpmom (2922 in chips)
Seat 3: chicagowayne (3020 in chips)
Seat 4: FloppyMcNutZ (1315 in chips)
Seat 5: LouisSypher (865 in chips)
Seat 6: **TRICKE1** (4450 in chips)
Seat 9: JustABozo (928 in chips)
FloppyMcNutZ: posts small blind 100
LouisSypher: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to FloppyMcNutZ [2c Ac 6h Th]
**TRICKE1**: raises 500 to 700
JustABozo: raises 228 to 928 and is all-in
terpmom: folds
chicagowayne: folds
FloppyMcNutZ: folds
LouisSypher: folds
**TRICKE1**: calls 228
*** FLOP *** [3c 7d Jh]
*** TURN *** [3c 7d Jh] [9h]
**TRICKE1** said, "word"
*** RIVER *** [3c 7d Jh 9h] [7h]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
**TRICKE1**: shows [7s 4h 3d As] (HI: a full house, Sevens full of Threes)
JustABozo: shows [Qc Ah 5c Qh] (HI: a flush, Ace high)
**TRICKE1** collected 2156 from pot
No low hand qualified
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2156 | Rake 0
Board [3c 7d Jh 9h 7h]
Seat 1: terpmom folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: chicagowayne (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: FloppyMcNutZ (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: LouisSypher (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: **TRICKE1** showed [7s 4h 3d As] and won (2156) with HI: a full house, Sevens full of Threes
Seat 9: JustABozo showed [Qc Ah 5c Qh] and lost with HI: a flush, Ace high
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul) Empty Re: Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul)

Post  Mondogarage Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm not Paul, obviously, but I think that's an easy fold. All you really have is a naked low draw and a suited A. No strong straight draw, no pair, and a calling a naked low in front of a raise and reraise (even if the reraise amount is small) is asking for no better than getting quartered. You don't have the stack to push out original raiser to isolate. You can find a better spot.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul) Empty Re: Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo SNG question (for Paul)

Post  kkravec Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:10 pm

OK - first I agree with Mondo about the fold and the reasons behind it.

I'm going out on a limb here because A) this isn't what you asked, and B) I think he may be your friend, but I don't like the play of TRICKE1. He has a good hand for a low hand, but he got very lucky to win the high hand. I can see calling that hand in position, but I don't think it's a good raise (maybe his stack makes it ok). He has one flush draw and various straight draws. I'm not an expert on Omaha by any means but I have played it quite a bit. What do you guys think of that play?
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:50 pm

It looks like Tricke1 was just playing big stack. His had had a suited ace, good starting low hand, a decent straight draw, and most importantly had about 50% more chips than 2nd place. He saw that the blinds were 2 of the shortest 3 stacks on the table and knew that a raise of that nature would force either a fold or an all-in. I don't think he was expecting Justabozo to be the one to do it.

I'll admit that Danny's starting hand was better than Tricke1's, but I don't think it was good enough to go with an all-in. If I'm going all in, I don't want it to be by calling someone else's raise (unless it's later into the hand and I'm holding the nuts).
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Also for the record TRICKE1 is Paul who was supposed to join here lst night but never did. Anyway thank you for the replies. Also these PLO8 sngs are like free money.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 am

Danny - what do you think of Paul's play there? I'm sure he was looking at the blinds and licking his lips, but he was UTG and there were 2 people after him who had enough chips to cause a little damage.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  **TRICKE1** Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:29 pm

yes Danny you should have called and gave me all your chips. That was a routine raise by someone with over a third of the chips in play and no one else in danger of knocking me out. Anyone raising in pot limit hi lo preflop when the blinds are low or at a full mtt can guarantee a quick exit if more than two call and the hero can't seem to stop betting. However in a 9 man turbo hi lo sng raising preflop becomes an important factor once the blinds get past 75-150. Yes your hand was better than mine preflop and you should have called. You woulda hit your nut lo draw and two flush draws and would have been comitted. But what was your information you collected from my play style before this hand came up? I think hi lo requires a lot of study of your opponent, probably more than hold em since a lot more hands are being played by all at the table which would require more storing of your opponents hand selections and playing styles. In hi lo one of the worst things you or an opponent can do is to call large bets in order to chase down and hit our nut lo or any winning lo in your mind. I'm sure everyone who plays hi lo knows what I refer to and probably insist that they don't make that mistake. I do it all the time but now I try to make sure I also have high draws or good high hand to go with the nut lo in my hand. Otherwise I fold to see another day.

**TRICKE1**

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Great reply Paul. Thank you. So are you gonna play on Saturday? We still have some seats to fill...
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetdog Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:36 am

Tricke, I think it was a marginal play on your part with only a low to draw to. Yes it was because you had a big chiplead and you might argue that it was a gigabet conundrum type play, but you could lose a significant number of chips that could have crippled you with a one-way hand. I don't know your record or style of play (unless you are Paul Wasicka), but I think it was reckless.
Wetdog
Wetdog

Location : Circling the drain, dragging everything I can reach with me

http://wetdogpoker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:20 pm

Wetdog wrote:Tricke, I think it was a marginal play on your part with only a low to draw to. Yes it was because you had a big chiplead and you might argue that it was a gigabet conundrum type play, but you could lose a significant number of chips that could have crippled you with a one-way hand. I don't know your record or style of play (unless you are Paul Wasicka), but I think it was reckless.
Sharkscope him. ranked 7th in the world at PLO8 sngs in the $5-$16 range. he made about 30k playing $6.50 sngs last year. I am not saying this makes his advice gospel but he has a little more experience in these things than me to say the least.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down