Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk is good

2 posters

Go down

Junk is good Empty Junk is good

Post  CardJunkie Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:14 pm

I was playing in a live 0.50/1.00 NL game the other day and got dealt a 6 2 s when I was 3 spots off the button. A couple guys limped in ahead of me so I go and raise it to $8. The two calling stations on my left call, so I don't get position, and two more come on in. Flop comes and wouldn't you know it's 6 6 2. It gets checked around to me and I make a $10 bet, I get one caller, there are two clubs out so I'm thinking he is on the flush draw. The turn is brutal, a third club comes, he checks into me and I go ahead and check it right back. Meaningless card on the river, he bets $25 into me. I push the rest of my chips in, about $35, and he calls me. Great feeling turning over those cards and showing my boat, the table couldn't believe it, priceless expression on the other guys face. He mucked his cards so I never got to see how high his flush was, I hope he had the nut flush.

Anyways, it was a great pop for playing some crap cards. But hey, they were sooted.
CardJunkie
CardJunkie

Back to top Go down

Junk is good Empty Re: Junk is good

Post  dexman1349 Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:18 pm

CardJunkie wrote:But hey, they were sooted.

One of the most popular excuses on Pokerstars. J-2 under the gun, no problem because they're suited!! Very Happy

I love returning the favor later in the game if they pull it on me.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CardJunkie Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:29 pm

dexman1349 wrote: J-2 under the gun, no problem because they're suited!! Very Happy

You must be able to see the future. I lost a big hand to a guy yesterday and he was playing J-2 suited. I raised it to $10 with my A-Q and the guy calls out of position with only one other player in the pot. Flop comes with a Jack high and I push, he goes all in, I'm pot committed so I call. Terrible, but that's the way the game is played sometimes. I did get him back later on when I busted him with my Q-3 offsuit.
CardJunkie
CardJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down