Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laws and mechanics

2 posters

Go down

Laws and mechanics Empty Laws and mechanics

Post  PoWdA Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Anyone here know them? I recently (almost a week and a half ago) put my car in the shop because it woudl not start. I was told by the shop that $1522.94 would fix the intake gasket and ignition switch as well as change all fluids, re-key, etc... Well I get the car out of the shop and the very next day the thing overheats (the first time I really drove it since picking it up on valentines day) and is spilling fluid, lights flashing, the works. Well I return the car immedietley to the shop as I was not far away on Saturday.

Well I finally call them today and they say the head gasket is gone and they can fix it for $1700. I spoke with the owner and he says he will take the price of some of the parts off of the original order but I am still looking at over 1K to have the head fixed and this is unacceptable. Does anyone know the laws here? If I knew it was going to cost $3200 to fix my 02 pontiac grand am I would have never spent a dime on the car and spent the initial $1500 elsewhere, like on a new car.

So anyone know what I can do? have any ideas? ty ahead of time.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Laws and mechanics Empty Re: Laws and mechanics

Post  CardJunkie Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:24 pm

take it to another mechanic, see what they say.
CardJunkie
CardJunkie

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:33 pm

CardJunkie wrote:take it to another mechanic, see what they say.
I actaully have a buddy who owns a shop. I called him and am at least sending the work order over to him for review and he is going to see what he can do. If there is anyway I can get my car back and my money back I am going to do it. The mechanic I went to (who I am having problems with) is a member of the BBB and bragged about never having a complaint before he went to work on the car. I am pretty sure I heard Tom Martino talk about how good he was too. I hope this can be squared away without me putting that first nice little mark on his BBB record.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down