Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rakeback Questions

3 posters

Go down

Rakeback Questions Empty Rakeback Questions

Post  Scrupboy Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 pm

Do any of you use any type of Rakeback affiliates? I understand that you can get a nice chunk of change back with some of these groups. Do any of you know if it is possible to get your existing account switched over to a rakeback company?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Rakeback Questions Empty Re: Rakeback Questions

Post  PoWdA Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Scrupboy wrote:Do any of you use any type of Rakeback affiliates? I understand that you can get a nice chunk of change back with some of these groups. Do any of you know if it is possible to get your existing account switched over to a rakeback company?
I do know for a fact that pokerstars does not accept rakeback. I used to do a rakeback program a few years ago and it was nice, just try not to do a rakeback program where you get stuck on some low traffic, never gonna make it, start up site. The lack of game selection (if a game is even going) just isn't worth it. I would suggest finding a site that offers the highest rakeback for FTP (I have heard as high as 35%) or UB. You may get 100-110% rakeback with some sites (at least I did back in the day) but the lack of traffic on these sites makes it hard to even profit from your rakeback setup. So I personally would reccomend setting up rakeback with a smaller percentage site, but more action as opposed to some great rakeback deal with little to no action on the site. Trust me, I have been there.

About 100% of the time I have heard about rakeback or discussed getting rakeback you could not use an old screen name, you have to sign up totally new following thier instructions.

One other thing. worldpokerexchange.com

every player on the site gets a percentage of thier rakeback. It used to be 100%. I think it is lower now but every player on the site gets some back which is a nice incentive to play there, I have just heard the site is full of nits. GL.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:44 pm

Danny's right re the screen name/account. There is not a poker site around that will let you transfer an existing account to a rakeback account.

That said, rakeback really is only something that has any real effect if you're multi-tabling .50/1 and higher on a regular basis. Remember, you're only paying rake on hands where you've put into the pot. If you're microballin', is it really worthwhile to have FullTilt get rid of your existing account?

I also understand that the rakeback sites require you to put in a certain # of hands per month, in order to keep the rakeback valid (because they're affiliates, and they're making money off your account being there). Honestly, at the levels folk like you and I play, I don't see the benefit, and there's even penalties if you play certain types of freerolls, as I understand it. However, I'm no expert on the subject.

Also, Bodog does not allow rakeback, either.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 pm

Thanks for the info guys.

I did a little more research and don't find it feasible with my existing accounts. I may sign up if I ever get on one of the sites that I don't currently have an account.

Thanks again.... now if I can just get a sponsor. Very Happy
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down