Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spade Club by CardPlayer

3 posters

Go down

Spade Club by CardPlayer Empty Spade Club by CardPlayer

Post  kkravec Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Anyone here a member? I know that b/c of some CO sweepstakes law (which is what they are governed by) we cannot become and "exclusive" member, but not sure if anyone has played to try to get some free money. Any experience or thoughts on the site?
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Spade Club by CardPlayer Empty Re: Spade Club by CardPlayer

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:32 pm

kkravec wrote:Anyone here a member? I know that b/c of some CO sweepstakes law (which is what they are governed by) we cannot become and "exclusive" member, but not sure if anyone has played to try to get some free money. Any experience or thoughts on the site?
Um I have no idea but I have been member of the CP forums for a loooong time. I have no idea about the spade club though. If you want some free online money got yo www.cardsharkfrenzy.com and start applying for stakes. If noone stakes you after a week I will throw you a stake (that is if you need it).

Also I am drunk @ 4 in the afternoon.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 pm

PoWda

Not in need of the stake, but was reading the forums of CP and it's all over that site. I know very little about it and Colorado is limited to the daily tourneys but they are all free and could win a small amount of money. Supposedly there are laws limiting CO residents; Spade Club operates under sweepstakes law, not gaming law b/c all the tourneys are free, but there is a $20/mo fee if you want to play in the larger prize pool games. I'm not here looking for a stake by any means, but if a drunk PoWda wants to send some money around, I think we should all open our hands Very Happy
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:12 pm

kkravec wrote:PoWda

Not in need of the stake, but was reading the forums of CP and it's all over that site. I know very little about it and Colorado is limited to the daily tourneys but they are all free and could win a small amount of money. Supposedly there are laws limiting CO residents; Spade Club operates under sweepstakes law, not gaming law b/c all the tourneys are free, but there is a $20/mo fee if you want to play in the larger prize pool games. I'm not here looking for a stake by any means, but if a drunk PoWda wants to send some money around, I think we should all open our hands Very Happy
Fuck no. You are not getting nay money EVER.

<-- drunk.

Also I have over 1K posts on CP and have no fucking idea what the spade club is, although I have seen random shit about it on the site. Can you enlighten me as to what exactly it is?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:21 pm

From what I am understanding....here goes.

2 levels of membership

Free level can play in hourly freerolls that pay money to top few and points many more spots. They also have weekly and monthly tourney for bigger prize pool.

"Exclusive" level costs $20/month and you can turn those points that you earn in the daily tourneys and gain entry into large prize pool. I think they have a $5000/week and a $40000/mo. The amounts are the prize pool and last month they had 570 players play for $40000 and they paid the top 300.

That's about all I really understand of it, I downloaded the software and am playing in a tourney. Not sure how I feel about it but for a freeroll, it isn't all in everyhand like the donk fests on FTP to try to win a seat on Poker After Dark.

Now this may sounds all good, but since we live in Colorado we can't play any of the games that are open to "exclusive" members b/c of gay Colorado law. I have emailed support to see if they have made changed to allow CO players since our laws supposedly don't have limitations to play but I haven't heard back yet. I'll keep you posted.

And if I wasn't stuck in bed, I'd do EVERYTHING I could to make your home game to take that money of yours...or give you mine Very Happy
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:47 pm

PoWdA wrote:
kkravec wrote:Anyone here a member? I know that b/c of some CO sweepstakes law (which is what they are governed by) we cannot become and "exclusive" member, but not sure if anyone has played to try to get some free money. Any experience or thoughts on the site?
Um I have no idea but I have been member of the CP forums for a loooong time. I have no idea about the spade club though. If you want some free online money got yo www.cardsharkfrenzy.com and start applying for stakes. If noone stakes you after a week I will throw you a stake (that is if you need it).

...yeah, I'll take a stake and pass me a beer! Wink
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
PoWdA wrote:

...yeah, I'll take a stake and pass me a beer! Wink
Did you bust? I think we need a blog update.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:54 pm

PoWdA wrote:Did you bust? I think we need a blog update.
Funny you ask. I just updated the blog a couple of hours ago. Check it out! I must have the hugest swings in the name of this game. lol I should swing by and get durnk with ya. affraid
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 am

So I ended up busting out 5th and that netted me 200 points. It was a $20 prize pool that went $9, $6, $5 and the rest get points. So support emailed me back and said I'm screwed with points and can't use them until they get around Colorado law and then can offer a subscription to this "service". So...I was 2 out of the money and spent 2 hours winning a prize that is worthless to me. Oh well, maybe the concept is good if it is available to CO residents. The only people that can play for the bigger prizes are the ones that pay $20/month. But...if SpadeClub or we'll just say Card Player has 2000 people subscribe, and collect the $200k and give away $100k, that's a nice little profit for running a poker skin. I'll just say the jury is still out, might try to play a few more and see if I can make some cash without any risks.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum