Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some one-outers suck more than others

4 posters

Go down

Some one-outers suck more than others Empty Some one-outers suck more than others

Post  Mondogarage Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:00 am

Nice flop:

Some one-outers suck more than others ScreenHunter_05Apr152129

Check call on the flop, and then the ultimate setup:

Some one-outers suck more than others ScreenHunter_06Apr152130

Ack.

No way does he fold to check shove there, either.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Some one-outers suck more than others Empty Re: Some one-outers suck more than others

Post  dexman1349 Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:05 am

ouch.

not much to say there except ouch.

I guess if you're going to lose, wouldn't you prefer to lose with that instead of having aces cracked by 2-5 off?
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Some one-outers suck more than others Empty Re: Some one-outers suck more than others

Post  Mondogarage Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:28 am

Very true.

Of course, you could call me an abject fish, as I shoved the turn to the obvious 1-out catch.

Oh yeah, I also bubbled a token frenzy. With two orbits left, thought I had plenty of chips to fold to the token. (had completely unplayable cards, anyway)

40 tokens, 1 cash, and I go 42nd, when the only shorter stack than I called my allin big blind with QQ. (I had about 200 chips, he had 63(!!) and it was something like 200/400/50 at the time.

I've never had a more disappointing profitable night at poker. Cashed in 44% of my tourneys, but none deep, and then the two examples above. Was soooo close to a truly deep run in a Bodog $8k, and got sucked out on to go home 20th. Four spots from very necessary tourney series points in a blogger series at Bodog for a Main Event seat, and run AQ into chipleader's AK, leaving me 30th in the standings with 7 weeks to go, and only top 18 play for the seat. (any points at all would have put me at least about 22nd).
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:58 pm

That is truly HARSH! I saw the same scenario up in BH at the Lodge one day. What really sucked about that up there was it did not qualify for the bad beat.

Tough beat with that hand Mondo. What can you do?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:22 pm

I couldn't help but laugh at the Ace-high flush on the left. Can you image what he's saying, "I've got the nut flush baby, c'mon guys bet it up for me!!" Then once the cards are shown, "Oh shit!"

I think the only one-outer that I've been hit with was at a bar poker tourney. I held A-K, raised to 3xBB. The SB calls, everyone else folds. Flop comes A-rag-rag (No straight, no flush). I push all in for about 1.5x pot, villan calls. She shows pocket kings, and managed to catch the case king on the river. I asked her something to the effect of, "Why the hell did you call an all-in with pocket kings and an ace on board?"

Last edited by dexman1349 on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Damn mondo! Harsh!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum