Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you play?

4 posters

Go down

Where do you play? Empty Where do you play?

Post  PoWdA Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:45 pm

I honestly have not played up the hill since The HPT but when I do go up you can almost always find me at the gates. I used to paly at fortune valley when they had the stud hi/lo game on the weekends but now it is the gates fro cash games (preferably the 1-2-5-5 mixed game) or the gilpin for touries although I have herd the gates came out with some somewhat decent tourney structures. So where does everyone play?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Where do you play? Empty Re: Where do you play?

Post  Scrupboy Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Played on the New Years day at the Gilpin. Placed in two tourneys, but didn't do so well in live action. Lost about $100 on the 2-5 game, then they started a dealer's choice 5-5 game with Omaha, Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple all with HI/LOW options. This game started out crazy. I lost 4 hands with either the nut low or high until the river in the Omaha HI/LOW games which put me down about $150 in just those hands. That's how big these pots were in this game. The suckouts were just unbelievable, but Omaha is a drawing game. Anyway lost about $400 for the night and ended up about even due to my tourney wins.

I usually play at Golden Gates or Gilpin. Every once in a while I'll go to Station or the Lodge. Actually last Saturday I went to the Lodge for the first time in about 4 months. Of course, I get sat down at the cap every hand before the flop table. I sat in the small blind, so I had to wait two hands and both hands were capped before the flop and had pots of about $300. I almost forgot why I stopped playing this game. Buy in for $100 and my first hand is 6-8o and I decide to call (something about this hand with multiple players preflop). It's capped and I call. Flop comes 6-8-2 rainbow. We cap on the flop, 4 on the turn and I only call this time. 7 on the river and it gets checked to me and I check, button bets 5 and early position check raises. I dread the 5 but make the call considering there is already about $350 in the pot and what do you know 2 pair hold! Anyway, I play for thirty minutes and cash out $450. If I would have left 10 minutes earlier it would have been $600 (Pocket aces cracked by J-8o for the straight). This is a hit and run game, because it doesn't take too much to lose your money back. Now I remember why I stick to the 2-5 games at GG.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Where do you play? Empty Where do you play

Post  jonnytarzan Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:51 pm

I play at the Gilpin for Tourneys and the Ameristar and Century for cash games.

jonnytarzan

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:14 pm

jonnytarzan wrote:I play at the Gilpin for Tourneys and the Ameristar and Century for cash games.
Cool man. Welcome to the site! Hope to see you posting!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:30 pm

jonnytarzan wrote:I play at the Gilpin for Tourneys and the Ameristar and Century for cash games.

what is century like? I've never played there.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down