Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Busy Week

2 posters

Go down

Busy Week Empty Busy Week

Post  Scrupboy Mon May 12, 2008 1:59 pm

It's been a crazy week. I just finished upgrading our office to a new server. For those of you not familiar, upgrading from Windows Server 2003 Small Business to version 2003 R2 including new hardware is a real bitch. We use roaming profiles in our office as well and that caused even more problems. I had done this exact upgrade 3 years ago at my last company and it went pretty good... of course I had a staff of 4 plus 4 extras that were tech savvy enough to help out. This time it was just me, the weekend and time which I did a pretty good job of using up.

Thursday: Server prep work most of the day.
Friday: More prep work and backup of info until about 10 PM
Saturday: Started implementation at 9:30 AM and ended at 7:30...... AM Sunday morning
Sunday: Return after a few hours of sleep at 1:30 PM and finish up at 10:30 PM
Monday: Start preparing for problems at show up at 6:30 AM. Still working on problems

Decided I needed a break away from work and what a better way to waste my time then to see what all you fools have been up to. Doesn't look like I missed much. Razz If I would have known anyone that could have helped I would have called on you Sunday. It was just way too much for one person to handle and the little problems doubled my original plan of finishing Saturday. *sigh*
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Busy Week Empty Re: Busy Week

Post  PoWdA Mon May 12, 2008 2:08 pm

Damn son. Sounds rough. If there was a way I coulda helped I would have. It would have been some good experience for a begining wanna be tech to get. For the record if you are ever overloaded like that again or need some help in a situtation where someone who is brand new can hlep, let me know! I could use all the experience I can get!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon May 12, 2008 2:40 pm

PoWdA wrote:Damn son. Sounds rough. If there was a way I coulda helped I would have. It would have been some good experience for a begining wanna be tech to get. For the record if you are ever overloaded like that again or need some help in a situtation where someone who is brand new can hlep, let me know! I could use all the experience I can get!
I'll keep that in mind. Hell, I was so busy this weekend and at the office for so long that I would have paid you to have someone other then myself to talk with. Very Happy
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum