Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a dumbass

4 posters

Go down

I'm a dumbass Empty I'm a dumbass

Post  Scrupboy Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 am

So I get this wild hair up my ass and decide to make a trip up to BH and play some poker. After putting $30 worth of fuel in the truck, I head up around 9:45 PM. Decide to play some 5-5 at the Lodge as I hadn't been there for ages and the two games at GG looked pretty weak. Sit down at the old 5-5 game and get the "Where have you been Son?" from about every dealer, floorman, and 40% of the players. My goal is to just win a little money and be on my way, a quick fix. It's now about 10:30 and I sit down with $100 in red chips. Thirty minutes later I'm sitting on $400 in chips and the little voice in my head says, "Time to go Son!". I ignore the voices and set a goal of $500 in chips to leave the table as it took me about an hour to get here and I was not ready to leave. By 11:00 my stack had dwindled to ~$300, then by 11:30 I was sitting on $450 and just $50 from my goal which would have been perfect as I would be home before 1 and get some rest before work today. Then I get it, pocket rockets and it's been raised before my action. I pump to 15 and lady two to my left makes the call and it's raised again and capped with 6 way action. There was no way I wanted this many callers and I pray for a numbered flop. Flop is 5-5-9 rainbow and I proceed to bet all the way to the river with two more number cards. All call down to the river, I flip over my aces up, another guy shows his PP K's, another guy laughs and shows PP Q's and then another guy flips over PP J's. I've never seen a table dealt PP As, Ks, Qs and Js. Then Asian lady turns over her 4-5 off. WTF? Calls 4-5o for $30 preflop and takes down the monster $200+ pot. How sick is that. Can't blame any of the others for calling their hands, but 45o. Anyway, she goes on a heater and wins like 10 of 12 hands and cashes out for ~$900. I proceed to tilt and donk my chips down to about $280 before the table breaks at about 1:00 AM. I get moved and end up at the cap, cap table (lucky me). My mind tells me, "Hey, it's 1 AM your still up $180... just go home". Of course I don't and end up staying till close and cash out my $14 for a nice loss of $86 not including gas money. So now I'm just tired and pissed off. That is all.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

I'm a dumbass Empty Re: I'm a dumbass

Post  Mondogarage Fri May 30, 2008 11:34 am

I'll cue up the Kenny Rogers.

Wow. Just wow. You'll get it all back tomorrow, and then some.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri May 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Mondogarage wrote:I'll cue up the Kenny Rogers.

You mean Sunday.

If you all want to play for a bad beat, The Lodge bad beat is currently 175k, 155k, 155k. They are going to let them all catch up to 175k then build to 200k. When I showed up last night, there was 9 tables at 10:30 PM. Also, the 2-5 game there also qualifies for this bad beat jackpot.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri May 30, 2008 1:27 pm

I hate blackhawk.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Fri May 30, 2008 4:26 pm

PoWdA wrote:I hate blackhawk.

I have said this many times myself....but I am still looking forward to playing up there all night tomorrow...

If I hit the bad beat I will take you all out for a nice dinnerat Mc'Donalds and buy you each one item from the value menu.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Fri May 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
Mondogarage wrote:I'll cue up the Kenny Rogers.

You mean Sunday.

If you all want to play for a bad beat, The Lodge bad beat is currently 175k, 155k, 155k. They are going to let them all catch up to 175k then build to 200k. When I showed up last night, there was 9 tables at 10:30 PM. Also, the 2-5 game there also qualifies for this bad beat jackpot.

Staying at the Lodge and will be playing at the Lodge....I'm over Gates....and Gilpin is too far from everything else...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 pm

idh78 wrote:Staying at the Lodge and will be playing at the Lodge as I can stumble to my room....I'm over Gates....and I'll be too drunk to make it to the Gilpin is too far from everything else...
FYP

Be sure you get a piece of the bad beat so that I can get my double cheeseburger.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Fri May 30, 2008 5:59 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
idh78 wrote:Staying at the Lodge and will be playing at the Lodge as I can stumble to my room....I'm over Gates....and I'll be too drunk to make it to the Gilpin is too far from everything else...
FYP

Be sure you get a piece of the bad beat so that I can get my double cheeseburger.

I still like the Gilpin when I'm in the mood for a tourney.....but other than that I don't really go there anymore.

and yes I plan on drinking a lot....Gates does have the best drink service sluttiest cocktail waitress so I may make it over there...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri May 30, 2008 6:07 pm

idh78 wrote:and yes I plan on drinking a lot....Gates does have the best drink service sluttiest cocktail waitress so I may make it over there...
True dat... and they all know me by first name and my drink of choice...Very Happy Very Happy and my wife's name. Sad
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum