Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blackhawk trip report

+2
ak1971
idh78
6 posters

Go down

Blackhawk trip report Empty Blackhawk trip report

Post  idh78 Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:39 pm

Wow what a weird night up the hill.

we got up there around 5:00pm and checked in to our room....for those of you who've never stayed up th hill, I must say that the rooms at the Lodge are pretty frickin nice....a lot better than I expected. not cheap on weekends though $150.

so we figured we might as well play at the Lodge with the huge bad beat and all....sat down with a rack of whites and proceeded to lose it all, and $60 more in a little over an hour (-$120/hr win rate? Mad ) it was all the usual stuff that makes you guys hate that game....people going runner runner...or chasing to the river with bottom pair only to make two pair on the river....

okay at this point we are suppose to go eat at the White Buffalo in about 30 minutes which would be another $100 or so....so we just cancelled our reservation.....while waiting for my wife and our friend Melissa to finish up at $2-$5 I decided to hit the ATM and play a little Texas Hold em table game.....was pretty much even when they came and joined me and then proceeded to get pocket Aces twice ($150 each) and a couple of other big hands....the wife also hit the Aces and had a $1 tip out there which turned into $30 for the dealer....so after winning about $400 I dipped back to $350 and decided not to give anymore back.....maybe I was playing the wrong texas hold em afterall...

we got some cheap food over at the ameristar cafe...and played a few slots while finishing our drinks....nothing exciting there won like $5..

then decided why not play some more texas hold em game.....lost $100 in less than 20 minutes....It was now about 10:30 so I figured I would close out the night at some 2-5....and proceeded to win $318 in a little over 2 hours....by far my biggest session ever at $2-$5....

the best part was Andie and Melissa bringing attention to the fact that it was my birthday at midnight, and I won the first 5 pots of June at that time....happy birthday to me Cool

so after an up and down night I ended up about $400 up for the night, wife down about $140 so overall a pretty good trip.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Blackhawk trip report Empty Re: Blackhawk trip report

Post  ak1971 Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm

nice hand sir
ak1971
ak1971

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:38 pm

ak1971 wrote:nice hand sir

I'm discovering that I actually win up there so long as I never set foot in the Gates.....that place is cursed for me.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm feelin' ya. I've never come out ahead at the Gates. Never. Including today, gack.

Nice score last night.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:41 pm

Mondogarage wrote:I'm feelin' ya. I've never come out ahead at the Gates. Never. Including today, gack.

Nice score last night.

thanks...yeah I don't know what it is...never cashed in a tourney there, and can't even remember the last time I even had a winning cash session.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Well done...anytime you can walk from 2-5 up is huge and maybe you were playing the wrong Texas Hold 'Em up there.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am

kkravec wrote:Well done...anytime you can walk from 2-5 up is huge and maybe you were playing the wrong Texas Hold 'Em up there.

I will say this, if you are going to play a table game in blackhawk, that's the one to play....I've generally done pretty well at that game....but don't think that it is the same game in Vegas though.....that one will cost you in a hurry.....

BH bonus hands are all about your hole cards rather than making big "made" hands....
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:16 pm

Nicely done Ian. Anytime you can post a profit from BH, you're doing well.

BTW, Happy Birthday.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:34 pm

Nice! There's a saying to this 2/5 game, if your ahead at 1:45 AM you keep your money. I almost always win at the Gates and usually win at The Lodge, but my cursed spot is Ameristar. Never win in their poker room.

Damn, I didn't know you were paying for your room. I have a connection at The Lodge and could have gotten you a free room and probably a $100 comp at the White Buffalo, but since your ahead for the trip it's all good.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Scrupboy wrote: I have a connection at The Lodge and could have gotten you a free room and probably a $100 comp at the White Buffalo, but since your ahead for the trip it's all good.

I'll pretend that is not true.... Sad

yeah I am the worst when it comes to comps...although I never play the games that get you the good comps anyway...like machines....I used to but not anymore.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 pm

Scrupboy wrote: but my cursed spot is Ameristar.

I feel dirty even walking through that poker room...Andy and I witnessed some blatent cheating there...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:59 pm

idh78 wrote:
Scrupboy wrote: I have a connection at The Lodge and could have gotten you a free room and probably a $100 comp at the White Buffalo, but since your ahead for the trip it's all good.

I'll pretend that is not true.... Sad

yeah I am the worst when it comes to comps...although I never play the games that get you the good comps anyway...like machines....I used to but not anymore.
Actually, one of the big guys there went to Jr High with my wife. He always gives us the hookup if we want it and he's comped a few of our friends just for referring them to The Lodge. Don't worry though as it is all false and not true. Neutral
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum