Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Tilt FPP to $500

5 posters

Go down

Full Tilt FPP to $500 Empty Full Tilt FPP to $500

Post  Math Backwards Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey Danny: good playing with you last night at the party. Looking forward to playing with you in a real game. Keep me in the loop.

Hi guys. New here, but my brag just happened a couple nights ago. No money on FT, and didn't feel like reloading, but I have player points. So, I enter single table sng and win a $26 token. The next night, I play a 90 man 24+2, deep-stack, knock-out tourney.

Game starts out very slow, card dead as usual. Think I played five hands in the first two hours. Things livened up for me right before the second break, and I double up. This moved me from the bottom 10% to middle of the pack. After the break, I am on fire. Between good cards and villains tightening up trying to make the money, I zoom to chip leader and proceed to pound my opponents until I have more than half the chips in play.

Brag: Won $500. Went to the cash tables and won another $150.

Beat: After two hands of heads-up we went on break. Although I had a 2-1 chip lead, we did an even chop.

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Full Tilt FPP to $500 Empty Re: Full Tilt FPP to $500

Post  PoWdA Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Math Backwards wrote:Hey Danny: good playing with you last night at the party. Looking forward to playing with you in a real game. Keep me in the loop.

Hi guys. New here, but my brag just happened a couple nights ago. No money on FT, and didn't feel like reloading, but I have player points. So, I enter single table sng and win a $26 token. The next night, I play a 90 man 24+2, deep-stack, knock-out tourney.

Game starts out very slow, card dead as usual. Think I played five hands in the first two hours. Things livened up for me right before the second break, and I double up. This moved me from the bottom 10% to middle of the pack. After the break, I am on fire. Between good cards and villains tightening up trying to make the money, I zoom to chip leader and proceed to pound my opponents until I have more than half the chips in play.

Brag: Won $500. Went to the cash tables and won another $150.

Beat: After two hands of heads-up we went on break. Although I had a 2-1 chip lead, we did an even chop.

Good to see you made it to the site and you stuck with the handle lol! Come to think of it Keith (Dexman) should have that name "math backwards" lol(inside joke but lets just say an engineer should get his math right every now and then lol). This site is dead on the weekends but gets decent traffic on the weekdays considering there are only 30 members. I hope you enjoy it. Lots of cool members here and I think at least one of them can play break even poker Very Happy

Good to hear about the tourney. Nice cash. I actually just got a text message from member wanting to host one of our mixed games again. You would enjoy it. It is HORSE + Triple Draw dealers choice (the full rules are posted in the home games section). It's a fun game we just need to find out where and when but I think putting a home game together is definetly in order.

Anyway man, welcome to the site! Good to see you made it!

-- Danny

p.s. When I was leaving last night the cops were pulling up to the party and you were still inside. Did everything turn out okay or did anything happen? Fun playing with you man.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks man, glad to be part of the local poker community (even if it means donking off some cash working on the triple draw).

I was only in the house for about 10 minutes, and the cops were gone when I left. I think they parked out front until the music was lowered and that was it.

Count me in for the mixed game!

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:59 am

Welcome to the forum!

Who are these break even players that PoWda speaks of? Shocked Shocked
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:12 am

PoWdA wrote:
Good to see you made it to the site and you stuck with the handle lol! Come to think of it Keith (Dexman) should have that name "math backwards" lol(inside joke but lets just say an engineer should get his math right every now and then lol). This site is dead on the weekends but gets decent traffic on the weekdays considering there are only 30 members. I hope you enjoy it. Lots of cool members here and I think at least one of them can play break even poker Very Happy

There's nothing wrong with my math. You guys just don't seem to understand it.

Break even? Who is the poor unfortunate soul who plays this bad? I like to think I have made money at the poker tables (unfortunately I end up giving 1/2 back because it was a staked tourney...).

Anyways, welcome aboard. Good to see there are others who can make money at the felt.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:27 am

Oh and the Triple Draw articles I was telling you about are in the "Other Games" section. Hope those help. It is all beginners stuff so it should.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  korkskrew Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:31 pm

Welcome to Math Backwards!

@ Powda
Please post that HORSED game somewhere on this forum if it happens. I'm interested.

Is it a fixed limit game?

korkskrew

http://www.milehighpoker.com/DON/

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:52 pm

UPDATE:

Brag, Beat Part 2.....

So, I donk off my stack to about $100 - $120. Play .10/.25 nl to get my buy-ins for various tourneys. Registered late for a 24+2, deep stack with 1279 players. After 5 1/2 hours, I take it down for $6750.

Official Pokers Rankings now has me in 97.86 percentile. lol!! OMG!

Only good when I focus.

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Math Backwards wrote:UPDATE:

Brag, Beat Part 2.....

So, I donk off my stack to about $100 - $120. Play .10/.25 nl to get my buy-ins for various tourneys. Registered late for a 24+2, deep stack with 1279 players. After 5 1/2 hours, I take it down for $6750.

Official Pokers Rankings now has me in 97.86 percentile. lol!! OMG!

Only good when I focus.
Wow! Nice hit. I almost miss the days of online poker.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down