Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games)

3 posters

Go down

Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games) Empty Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games)

Post  PoWdA Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:44 pm

I have been thinking of a new home game structure, one for big bet games this time. It's pretty simple. Dealers choice. The games and structures as follows:

NL Hold Em - $.25/.50 blinds. no cap

PL Omaha Hi - $.25/.50 blinds. no cap

PL Omaha Hi/Lo - $.25/.50 blinds. no cap

If there is interest:

NL 2-7 Triple Draw - $.25/.50 $20 cap PER STREET. Only can be spread if the game is 6 handed or less. 7 or 8 is possible if the button and/or cutoff agree to sit out.

NL 2-7 Single Draw - $.25/.50 $20 cap PER STREET. Can be spread 8 handed or less. 10 or 9 handed is possible if both the button and/or cutoff agree to sit out.

Pretty simple. Dealer chooses the game and game is played for one full rotation of the blinds. The caps on the lowball games are due to general unfamiliararity with the games and I really don't see these being spread too much but the limit variation of Triple Draw has seemed to be a hit at the few structured mixed games we have played so we will see. The amounts of action in the Omaha games should offset the fact that the Hold Em is NL. Also, dealing PLO8 is more interesting than you would think (to be quite honest, no game is harder to deal) but I think we can manage. Average buy-in should be about $50 but a $20 min-buy could last a night if you are lucky. Keith (other) could look to lose $100-$150 on a bad bad night. An average player may lose $50-$75 on a bad night.

Just throwing it out there. I may or may not host another game but if I did, this would be the format. So, Keith, want to put that table to work in November???
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games) Empty Re: Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games)

Post  idh78 Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:38 pm

I would do this if we leave the draw games out
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games) Empty Re: Idea for another home game structure. (NL/PL games)

Post  PoWdA Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:49 pm

idh78 wrote:I would do this if we leave the draw games out
heh, I thought that might be the case. Those are if there is interest as I like to mix it up a lot. I may have to host again.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 pm

This was basically what was done when we started up the cash game after the Loomis Invite, although the majority of the time we just played PLO or PLO8.

I think if you want to do a stand-alone cash game, you need to focus more on the games that we don't see alot of (Razz, 2-7 TD, Stud, Badugi), because most of us play Omaha and Holdem on a regular basis. If you want we can try to experiment with the limits at my game next week. Try introducing PL in addition to just the structured limits. NL is only really played with Holdem anyways and none of us really care about it much.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:31 pm

dexman1349 wrote: If you want we can try to experiment with the limits at my game next week. Try introducing PL in addition to just the structured limits.

Sure, the thing about mixing structured and unstructured games is that you just going to make so much more in the big bet games than the limit games. I am definetly down though.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum