Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My turn to bust something

5 posters

Go down

My turn to bust something Empty My turn to bust something

Post  dexman1349 Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:09 am

Remember how Danny is know for his laptop crushing skills after a bad beat? Well Monday night was my turn to bust something.

I'm deep into a $5.50 45man on stars (down to 11 or 12) when I look down at AK suited in the big blind and sitting on a 5th place chip stack. Well the table folds around to the SB (4th place stack) who promptly kickes it up to 3xBB (he raised every one of my blinds). I smooth call in hopes I could trap him. Flop comes out AJT with 2 hearts. Villan check, I open for 3/4 of the pot and he insta-calls (this usually screams flush draw in the low level SnG's).

This is when my cell phone rings (Palm Centro - similar to a Blackberry except it has a touch screen too). "Hi mom, what's up?" And she promptly starts going off (not mad, just talking at 100 miles per minute) on something to do with our Thanksgiving plans. "yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll take care of it this weekend, can I call you back, mom I'm in the middle of something, etc..."

Turn brings out a 6 spade. Check, bet 1000 (pot was about 1500), call.

Amanda then calls out from the other room, "can you change Kevin's diaper he smells poopy" while mom is continuing on about how she can bring some dish (don't remember what). At this point, I'm starting to get mad because I'm inthe middle of a big hand, my wife, mom, and son are all distracing me and I just want to play out the hand so then I can sit out for a minute and take care of things. So I call back to my wife, "Just a sec"

River is a 3, no flush. Villan insta-shoves for remaining 2500. I'm thinking at this point he's on a busted flush draw and just trying to push me off of the hand so I call with my remaining 2000. I was right, he was on a busted flush draw. However, while chasing the flush, he caught runner two-pair (6-3). GG me.

"KEITH, CHANGE YOUR SONS DIAPER!!!!" Amanda yells at the exact point the screen pops up "Dexman1349 finished in X Place" and my mom just continues on about something and completely ignores my "yeah, yeah, can I call you back later" comments. So out of frustration, I turn and wing my phone across the living room. I have an exposed brick wall as a shared wall between the living room and garage, and lets just say when phone met brick, brick won. GG phone.

Time to get a new phone. Luckily Best Buy had the exact same phone as mine on sale for free with a contract extention. After paying the $20 activation fee, I finally make it home 24 hours later with a new phone.

Ugh. I need a beer...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

My turn to bust something Empty Re: My turn to bust something

Post  Scrupboy Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:17 pm

You gotta love this game!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I haven't broken a laptop, but I have gone through three wireless mice this year. Suspect
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Lol keith. I like how when I tried to call you you texted back "can't, talk only text." lolerzz

I should probobly mention that I can almost use my hand again after breaking and dislocating my pinky and hand 2 weeks ago after punching the fridge after busting from a $22 freezout near the bubble. Not to steal Keiths thunder or anything, I just couldn't really let everyone here know I busted my hand then because it is hard to type with two ace bandages and a splint wrapped around your dominant hand... I am an idiot.

Anyway, gg Keith.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm

lol at answering your phone while playing poker. On the plus side, your mom might let you go in the future when you say it's a bad time. tongue

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down