Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 and Netflix

2 posters

Go down

Xbox 360 and Netflix Empty Xbox 360 and Netflix

Post  Scrupboy Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Just upgraded to the new dashboard for Xbox Live. The new dashboard has kind of a Nintendo Wii kind of feel with the cartoonish avitars, but seems easier to navigate. I'm real excited about the Netflix app that allows you to watch streaming media directly from Netflix to your Xbox. I love this app! Now if they can only get more then the 12,000 titles that are available for streaming. They also claim to have HD streaming capabilities, but I haven't successfully gotten that to work. Can't wait to see how this app grows over time!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 and Netflix Empty Re: Xbox 360 and Netflix

Post  PoWdA Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:06 pm

My 360 Elite has given me it's 2nd red ring of death since I bought it. For those unfamiliar with the red ring of death it is when you turn your system on, nothing will run, and there are three red flashing lights lit up around the power button. These light roughly translate to "catastrophic hardware malfunction" and they happen all too often with Xbox's. So often in fact that the ypay shipping and don't charge for the repair. Anyway, I am sending mine in tomorrow. Yay!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:37 pm

PoWdA wrote:My 360 Elite has given me it's 2nd red ring of death since I bought it. For those unfamiliar with the red ring of death it is when you turn your system on, nothing will run, and there are three red flashing lights lit up around the power button. These light roughly translate to "catastrophic hardware malfunction" and they happen all too often with Xbox's. So often in fact that the ypay shipping and don't charge for the repair. Anyway, I am sending mine in tomorrow. Yay!
That bites! The good news is I haven't had the red ring of death since I received my cardboard coffin and had my Xbox replaced about a year ago. It'll be like brand new when you get it back.

The Netflix streaming media is awesome! Now if there were only more titles available. The HD content for streaming is weak. Seems to only be titles that I would never even attempt at watching except for a few. I started watching Heroes season 1 and it comes in HD and so does The Office seasons 1 - 5. The Heroes series is awesome and I can now say that I am addicted after watching the first 9 episodes. There are 23 episodes in the first season alone and I continually want to watch the next one after finishing each one, unfortunately I had to get some sleep. This will keep me busy for quite sometime. Purchased Ninja Gaiden II over the weekend, but haven't even cracked the shrink wrap.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm

I shippped mine off today. I now can't wait to get it back. The next time Emily whines about me palying video games I can just threaten to take away NetFlix now Very Happy

But this is my second Red Ring of Death. The first one I could not believe how fast my Xbox arrived in the mail, I think it was within the same week and I was told 4-6 or some wierd amount. Anyway, I hope this one is as fast. They don't send a box anymore though, you have to package it yourself or in my case have the lady at the UPS store do it for like $8. They have you print out the postage for UPS now. It is different but it works.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down