Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cell Phone Suggestions

2 posters

Go down

Cell Phone Suggestions Empty Cell Phone Suggestions

Post  Scrupboy Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:07 pm

I'm up for a phone upgrade from AT&T and wanted something that I could use for internet, then I thought how about something that I could play poker on.

I was thinking of the IPhone as it is an extra $20 bucks a month for unlimited internet and emailing capabilities. They use the Safari browser so I don't think it will allow active x controls and java applications. I wonder as the only way that I could think of playing poker from my phone would be to remote access my computer at work or home and play from the remote desktop access. Does anyone know if remote access tools such as logmein or VNC would work with the IPhone? Anyone know if there is a phone that can be programmed to accept a full Windows OS instead of the Windows Mobile? (Tried Window's mobile and did not work) Any suggestions?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Cell Phone Suggestions Empty Re: Cell Phone Suggestions

Post  idh78 Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:32 pm

pretty sure there is zero chance you could play online poker on a cell phone....pretty sure that even if you could run the software, I'm not sure the connection would be secure enough to actually connect to the site....and if it was you would probably get so many disconnects that it would be worthless.....

I also don't know that any phones have enough processing power.....I'm just happy mine can run slingplayer mobile so I can at least follow sports games when out and about.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:56 pm

Hhhhhmmmmmmm If a phone could handle the new 3G network on AT&T and have the capability to remote access, it could be possible. I'll have to do some research and see if there are any third party or custom programs that could enhance the use of phone based internet.

I understand what your saying about the security portion, but perhaps the 3G connection is solid enough to keep from getting consistently booted. There has got to be a way! Maybe I shouldn't have this available as I could lose a lot of $$ waiting in line for a late or something. Embarassed
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:12 pm

Scrupboy wrote:Hhhhhmmmmmmm If a phone could handle the new 3G network on AT&T and have the capability to remote access, it could be possible. I'll have to do some research and see if there are any third party or custom programs that could enhance the use of phone based internet.

I understand what your saying about the security portion, but perhaps the 3G connection is solid enough to keep from getting consistently booted. There has got to be a way! Maybe I shouldn't have this available as I could lose a lot of $$ waiting in line for a late or something. Embarassed

I think the processing power is the biggest issue....even if you could remote in...could a phone handle it? also on a screen that small it might be pretty hard to follow the action...

and yeah the 3G nework is fast...for a phone....I don't use it for tethering to a laptop so I'm not sure how good it is for that....but obviously you aren't going to carry around a laptop everywhere anyway....

I would steer clear from the iphone personally, or at least wait until the 2nd generation comes out.....hopefully that one will have 3G and MMS capablilities......I have a Blackjack and don't hate it as much as most people but I really wish I could have held out for the BJII....but I think I will hold off on upgrading until iphone part duex...if it's better than the first I will shell out the money for one, if not I will stick with a windows mobile device.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:25 pm

idh78 wrote:I think the processing power is the biggest issue....even if you could remote in...could a phone handle it? also on a screen that small it might be pretty hard to follow the action...
Yeah, I could see the screen size being a huge problem unless you could zoom in on a particular area of the screen. I believe processing would be alright as remote access would only need to refresh screen images.

idh78 wrote:and yeah the 3G nework is fast...for a phone....I don't use it for tethering to a laptop so I'm not sure how good it is for that....but obviously you aren't going to carry around a laptop everywhere anyway....
The 3G can get speeds of 1.2mbps to 1.8mbps. Maybe a small enough laptop would be better, yeah!

idh78 wrote:I would steer clear from the iphone personally, or at least wait until the 2nd generation comes out.....hopefully that one will have 3G and MMS capablilities......I have a Blackjack and don't hate it as much as most people but I really wish I could have held out for the BJII....but I think I will hold off on upgrading until iphone part duex...if it's better than the first I will shell out the money for one, if not I will stick with a windows mobile device.
I was thinking of the BJII. What are your thoughts on this phone?
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:41 pm

I think if they fixed the java issues the blackjack had it is probably a great phone....WM6 is much improved over the previous version..i used it briefly on my sister-in-law's moto Q...

I haven't been in the AT&T forums in awhile, but those people in there will pretty much give you the lowdown on any phone AT&T has to offer.....take it with a grain of salt though as they could probably find something not to like about (insert hot female celebrity here) Very Happy
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down