Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 9th. 2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game.

4 posters

Go down

Feb 9th.  2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game. Empty Feb 9th. 2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game.

Post  dexman1349 Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:55 pm

Powda and I are trying to gather interest for a 2-7 TD / Horse (Dealer's choice) game at my place on Feb 9th. Hoping to have cards in the air by 8pm. The idea so far is a $20 buy in, $1-2 bets w/ $0.10 ante (stud games).

We're still working out the details, but this thread will be updated with details as they are worked out. I live just south of the Fitzsimmons / New Children's hospital facilities (I-225 & Colfax). PM me if interested and I can give directions.

See this link for some suggestions on the structure:
https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com/home-games-f4/triple-draw-home-game-t7.htm
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Feb 9th.  2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game. Empty Re: Feb 9th. 2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game.

Post  kkravec Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:00 pm

OK - I'll be the one to ask the dumb question (and I apologize in adavance). If the structure is (copy/paste from PoWdA):

"For Hold Em, Omaha/8b, and Triple Draw the blinds would be $.50/1.00 with a $1.00 bet and 5 raises before the flop (or first draw in Triple Draw), $1.00 bet on the flop with 5 raises (1st draw), $2.00 bet with 5 raises on the turn (2nd draw), and $2.00 with 5 raises on the river (3rd Draw).

For Stud, Razz, and Stud8/b everyone would ante $.10 with a $.50 bring in and $1.00 complete bet. $1.00 bet allowed on 3rd and 4h street with a double bet allowed with a pair on the board on 3rd and 4th streets. 5th, 6th, and 7th streets will be $2.00 betting rounds.

All rounds are 1 bet and 5 raises unless the action is heads up BEFORE the card (or street) being bet on is put out, then there is no cap on the betting. 30 minute notice before standing up and leaving or you will not be invited back. No sitting out entire games unless you want to deal the game, are running to the store, etc... (no sitting at the table and taking up space because you don't like the game) No no-limit or pot-limit games. This is a cash game not a tourney."

How could $20 cover you for the night? It would seem to me that you would need a lot more than $20 for the buy in - heck one hand capped is over $20. It sounds interesting and I'd be willing to drop $20 to learn some new games, but can't say I'd want to spend $200+.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Feb 9th.  2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game. Empty Re: Feb 9th. 2-7 triple draw, Horse cash game.

Post  PoWdA Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Sweet Very Happy

This is the day before my baby shower so it works out good. Some poker followed by a full day of doing my best to avoid my mothers house (where all of the women in my life and my girlfriends life are going to be at the same time). I for one cannot wait.

What is the word on beer? Bring your own or don't bring any? Just wondering... Also let us know if you are in in this thread please! Very Happy

And I never said $20 could cover a night.. maybe we could move the stakes down lower? I mean if everyone wants to treat this game like a learning experience then I don't see why not. I would expect to drop or win $50 if we moved the betting cap to 1 bet and 3 raises, but I am not saying there might not be some pretty crazy hands. I would suggest anyone wanting to play practice the games you don't know as just with any other poker game, you are going to get smoked if you do not know what you are doing. Possibly a $.50/1.00 game? Maybe lower like .25/.50? I can work fair structures out for each of these if there would be more interest and if Keith would be interested. We may also be able to work out some sort of deal where if you go bust you can deal for tips to get back in. Just a few thoughts on this. I think the biggest thing is to have fun for now, especially with so many players new to triple draw.

All of these games are on pokerstars, ultimate bet, and carbon poker and I believe games grid as well if you guys wanna practice!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:20 pm

I could easily write up structures for all 3 limits and we could maybe agree to start at $.25/.50, agree to go up to $.50/1.00 after a certain amount of time, and then possibly move it up to the $1/2 if everyone feels comfortable. Remember we are playing games other than Triple Draw...

Also I was thinking the choice button could move maybe every 5 hands since the position of the choice button will be completely random compared to the placing of the button (if that makes sense). We played a game like this the other day at a bar and it was tons of fun. Some of the most fun I have had at a poker table in a long time.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:22 pm

As far as food / drink: some snacks will be provided (chips / dip, etc.) , but strictly BYOB. I can't afford everyone's drinking habits. Very Happy

I apologize on the $20 buy-in. My math is a little off today. One thing that might work would be a $20 buy-in, but be given $200 in chips (kinda sorta, tourney style, but not a tournament). When the game is over, we could cash out at the same rate ($1 cash = $10 chips). I think that due to the lack of experience from alot of us on these games, lower stakes would probably work out better if you would prefer to not scale the money.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:24 pm

dexman1349 wrote:As far as food / drink: some snacks will be provided (chips / dip, etc.) , but strictly BYOB. I can't afford everyone's drinking habits. Very Happy

I apologize on the $20 buy-in. My math is a little off today. One thing that might work would be a $20 buy-in, but be given $200 in chips (kinda sorta, tourney style, but not a tournament). When the game is over, we could cash out at the same rate ($1 cash = $10 chips). I think that due to the lack of experience from alot of us on these games, lower stakes would probably work out better if you would prefer to not scale the money.

<--- doesn't think scaling the money is a good idea. Lowering the stakes is a much better idea in my honest opinion.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:20 am

we played a $1/$2 HORSE game with $.25 antes on the stud games.....and we all bought in for $40......only one person had to re-buy.

Edit: Sorry guys but I can't make this one....but if this becomes more of a regular thing I'm there.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:21 pm

idh78 wrote:
Edit: Sorry guys but I can't make this one....but if this becomes more of a regular thing I'm there.
BOOOOOO!!!!

The game is still on everyone! If you wanna play post here and we will get you directions! also Ian if you decide you feel better feel free to stop by.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down