Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R/C cars...

3 posters

Go down

R/C cars... Empty R/C cars...

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:44 pm

I just took mine out of retirement and am considering buying whatever the best new 2WD buggy is and getting back into racing. So it's a long shot but does anyone else toy around with R/C cars? I currently have my TC3 that I have dumped unbelieveable amounts of money into and also an old RC10L3 Oval from back when I raced oval track. I am now looking to get into dirt and am looking at buying whatever the newest Associated 1/10th electric buggy or truck is. I know this is probobly making sense to nobody but just incase I have any R/C guys here I figured I would post.

The only Hurdle I see is going brushless. I have bareley touched the TC3 in a year or 2 and I remember brushless was just coming out and I am sure is huge now. Other than that I still have a great FM radio, extra crystals, and super lightweight FM receivers and servos. So at this point I am looking at the chassis kit, a body and paint, and the brushless motor with ESC to get back in with a nice setup.

So do I have anyone who is or was into R/C? I found out last week I would be moving to 4 10 hour shifts instead of 5 8's so I now have a 3-day weekend every week and will now always have an extra day. I found out about this extra time and got to thinking and I caught the bug again. These things are a ton of fun and huge money pits. Go me and my expensive hobbies!

So who's comin with me Razz
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

R/C cars... Empty Re: R/C cars...

Post  dexman1349 Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:49 pm

PoWdA wrote:...will now always have an extra day. I found out about this extra time...

An extra day with a baby on the way? You nieve young man. You won't have an "extra" day off until that kid is at least 20. Very Happy

I used to work with a guy who used to sell RC parts and was big into the scene in San Diego a few years back. I'll see if he still has any connections or ideas.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:19 am

I used to own a Kyosho 2wd monster truck back in middle school. Those were fun.

A few years ago, I used to go out and watch the R/C races over at Mountain R/C (off County Line Road near the boat dealership) and longed to get back into the hobby. With the advent of RTR nitro cars and trucks, I really want to get back into it, but, sadly, I lack the time (and money).
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:44 am

I am looking at a T4 associated team truck with a brushless setup. Right now between call of duty 4, poker, the heartland poker tour, work, and um a baby that was due yesterday, I have kinda realized i don't have the time right noww. I still might get back in it is jsut on the backburner right now.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:50 am

To date myself...

In middle school, I wrote a paper about Cliff Lett (back in the 80's, he was Team Associated's #1 driver). I sent him a letter with a few questions. About two weeks later, he sent back a two-page letter with answers to all my questions along with an autographed picture. That was cool.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:52 am

pseudoswede wrote:To date myself...

In middle school, I wrote a paper about Cliff Lett (back in the 80's, he was Team Associated's #1 driver). I sent him a letter with a few questions. About two weeks later, he sent back a two-page letter with answers to all my questions along with an autographed picture. That was cool.
lol. appearently some guy I work with is friends with Lett and won a championship in ovals back in the day. odd.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum