Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gilpin Saturday March 14th Noon

3 posters

Go down

Gilpin Saturday March 14th Noon Empty Gilpin Saturday March 14th Noon

Post  Scrupboy Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:41 am

This was from Saturday, March 14th. Hadn't played for a while and went up for the $70 noon tourney with 10k in chips. They had 7 tables, paying top 7. I build a ton of chips when we are down to the final three tables and emerge as the chip leader when we start the final table. My chips start to slowly dissapear and I always get involved with one guy and he takes my chips. Finally, I get all my chips in with the best and double from my nemesis. We decide to pay the bubble when we are down to 8. The short stack complains that this money should come from the winner to where we all dissagree and decide on $10/player. Of course he busts on the bubble and starts demanding we pay him now by stating, "that's not what we agreed on, come on now I need everyone's ten bucks." This guy pisses me off and I make him wait three hands before I decide to walk away from the table and pay him. The dealers up there can actaully get in trouble for allowing us to make deals outside of the money. Once your in the money, deal away. That's just the rules. I pay the guy his $10 away from the table and tell him that his antics are not cool (damn old man). We get back to action and I take out seventh place and have been rolling in the chips. There are six left and half the table is talking a split ~$600 deal. I'm like no deal unless I get $1000 since I had a 2-1 chip lead over the second place chip holder. First pays $1300 and second is $800 and I explain to them that I'm going to take every advatage I have and if I'm the chip leader now, then I should be compensated for it. A few players talk about how things can change quickly and that an even deal is a good deal. I agree that things can change quickly and if they want an even split they're going to have to take some of my chips. We play a little longer and I am just killing the table. I get all the momentum and end up with roughly 40% of the overall chips in play. Finally someone speaks up and decides that I should get a larger portion due to my stack. He suggests better then 2nd place money to where I respond what's your offer. They finally decide on giving me $850 and they each split $570. We all agree! Then I look down at my cards in the button of QQ and the short stack looks down at AJ and said he would have pushed. Dealer runs out the cards for fun and the Q's would have held. Oh well, very good deal for that guy! It feels good to finally win a tourney again. Even if it's a modified chop. That makes me 2/3 in the money this year (before my HPT play the week after). Feels, really good!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Gilpin Saturday March 14th Noon Empty Re: Gilpin Saturday March 14th Noon

Post  kkravec Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm

Well done Son...nothing like taking a couple months off and coming back running well. Keep it up and gl to all who are playing in the HPT
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 am

Very well done, Son! I love stories about the arrogant ones who makes themselves look stoopid in chop situations.

Ahh, I need to get up the hill, it's been like 4-5 months at least. Probably no HPT for me, since I won't play that SNG structure (not a fan of bingo), and I'm feeling a bit gunshy about dropping $340 on a buy in right now.

Keep rocking tables, dude.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum