triple draw home game....

Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:27 pm

I would LOVE to find out who plays triple draw and try to get a triple draw home game going. I know the odds are pretty slim of finding many if any triple draw players around here but if you are out there let me know! For those who have never played triple draw I suggest you download pokerstars and give it a shot. It is a lowball game so you want to get the worst hand and it is played like 5 card draw only instead of drawing once you draw 3 times. Daniel Negrauneau wrote a great chapter on it is Super System 2 which I highly recomend to anyone who plays the game.


So is there anyone in the metro area that plays triple draw?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  ak1971 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:35 pm

Im down for playing
ak1971
ak1971

Posts : 139
Join date : 2008-01-09
Location : at the ATM 'reloading'

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:29 pm

ak1971 wrote:Im down for playing
Cool... One of these days I will get a game going.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Mondogarage on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:46 am

I'll say the same things I usually do when it comes to home games far down SE or SW of Denver...if the time and place work out, I wouldn't mind coming. I wouldn't mind a 2-7 TD home game, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it at limits beyond $2-4 (or even 1-2), since I'm such a scrub, but who knows?
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  idh78 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:39 am

Mondogarage wrote:I'll say the same things I usually do when it comes to home games far down SE or SW of Denver...if the time and place work out, I wouldn't mind coming. I wouldn't mind a 2-7 TD home game, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it at limits beyond $2-4 (or even 1-2), since I'm such a scrub, but who knows?

yeah I think if we started off with a $1/$2 limit game it would be more encouraging to new players...since you only need 6 to have a full game...I can't imgaine it would be all that hard to get this game going...
idh78
idh78

Posts : 455
Join date : 2008-01-09
Age : 41
Location : on the rail

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:32 am

Mondogarage wrote:I'll say the same things I usually do when it comes to home games far down SE or SW of Denver...if the time and place work out, I wouldn't mind coming. I wouldn't mind a 2-7 TD home game, but I'm not sure I'd want to play it at limits beyond $2-4 (or even 1-2), since I'm such a scrub, but who knows?
I plan on spreading a mixed home game once me and my girlfriend get settled in our new place (which we havn't even found yet, hopefully it is capable of sustaining a poker game). It will include all of the HORSE games and Triple Draw. It will be a reasonable game, mostly $1/2 I even have a pretty good idea of the blind structures and how the rounds will work as it will be choice (not fixed like HORSE).


IF I run the game (which I really hope I get too) it will go like this.

Dealer chooses the game. I will have a choice button as well as a dealer button. The choice button will move when the game changes. I believe each game will go for 10 hands but it might change to less. The reason it goes by hands and not time is that certain games take longer to play a hand (hold em = fast Stud/8 = longer) and each game people choose should get a fair amount of action. The reason for so many hands is so each player can play each position. Fewer may work out better because we can switch games more often making everything more fun (in my opinion). Just how many hands we play before switching games is up in the air and open for discussion but would be decided before the game.

Stakes would be $1/2.

The game will be 8 max, If Triple Draw is spread with 7 players the button must sit out, if spread with 8 the button and cut-off must sit out.

For Hold Em, Omaha/8b, and Triple Draw the blinds would be $.50/1.00 with a $1.00 bet and 5 raises before the flop (or first draw in Triple Draw), $1.00 bet on the flop with 5 raises (1st draw), $2.00 bet with 5 raises on the turn (2nd draw), and $2.00 with 5 raises on the river (3rd Draw).

For Stud, Razz, and Stud8/b everyone would ante $.10 with a $.50 bring in and $1.00 complete bet. $1.00 bet allowed on 3rd and 4h street with a double bet allowed with a pair on the board on 3rd and 4th streets. 5th, 6th, and 7th streets will be $2.00 betting rounds.

All rounds are 1 bet and 5 raises unless the action is heads up BEFORE the card (or street) being bet on is put out, then there is no cap on the betting. 30 minute notice before standing up and leaving or you will not be invited back. No sitting out entire games unless you want to deal the game, are running to the store, etc... (no sitting at the table and taking up space because you don't like the game) No no-limit or pot-limit games. This is a cash game not a tourney.


I would really like any input on my structure ideas! I think this would make for a very fun game!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Mondogarage on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:00 pm

Just a couple quick thoughts:

I like your structure ideas, but think a bet and 3 raises would probably be more appropriate (of course, your no cap on raises when HU before the street works, too).

For the ante games, I think the ante should be a quarter, instead of a dime, as having .25 chips would probably be a lot smoother functionally than using .05/.10 chips for antes.

Now in reality, as I live all the way up in Longmont, and have a spouse who only plays HE, it's probably not real likely I'd play often, but seriously, if it works out for me, I'd like to show up at least once or twice.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Mondogarage wrote:Just a couple quick thoughts:

I like your structure ideas, but think a bet and 3 raises would probably be more appropriate (of course, your no cap on raises when HU before the street works, too).

For the ante games, I think the ante should be a quarter, instead of a dime, as having .25 chips would probably be a lot smoother functionally than using .05/.10 chips for antes.

Now in reality, as I live all the way up in Longmont, and have a spouse who only plays HE, it's probably not real likely I'd play often, but seriously, if it works out for me, I'd like to show up at least once or twice.
As for the 3 bet cap I understand where you are coming from and that could be changed but would be decided before the game. I myself like the big pots. For antes I know what you are saying about the .25 antes working better chip wise but a 25 cent ante in a .50/1.00 stud game is way way high. The ante is one of the biggest deciding factors in what hands you paly in stud games, 25 cents in this game is HUGE to say the least). I will have change for the 10 cent antes on hand or possibly use 5 cent ante chips so change can be made easier but that would also cause large hard to manage piles of chips everywhere.


I also am a big fan of having as few as possible different denomination chips on the table. There will be for example: $1.00 chips, .25 cent chips, and 10 cent chips (or possibly 5 cent for change giving purposes as mondo was saying but not both, one or the other) so only 3 different colors on the table. If anyone gets big stacked enough a $5 chip will be introduced. Many games have 5 or more different colors of chips when it is almost never needed and only clutters the table and confuses people.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  dexman1349 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:42 pm

I would definately be interested in something like this. I'm still learning, so even a $20 buy-in would be appropriate, and even if I lost it, would be a fair price to pay for the lesson.

Let me know when / if this happens. I wouldn't mind hosting for people on the east side either, I would just need help with the structure (a co-host?). I know the games well enough to play, just not quite well enough to play the solo host.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:48 pm

dexman1349 wrote:I would definately be interested in something like this. I'm still learning, so even a $20 buy-in would be appropriate, and even if I lost it, would be a fair price to pay for the lesson.

Let me know when / if this happens. I wouldn't mind hosting for people on the east side either, I would just need help with the structure (a co-host?). I know the games well enough to play, just not quite well enough to play the solo host.
Game at your place keith?


<-- will gladly co-host Very Happy


Just no gettin stabby with the dealers Evil or Very Mad



Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  dexman1349 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:13 pm

The kids will be out of town the weekend of Feb. 9th & 10th, so if everyone is interested I could host one that Saturday night.

I will get stabby with any dealer I want to, especially ones at my house. Twisted Evil

Let me know if this works for everyone.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:25 pm

dexman1349 wrote:The kids will be out of town the weekend of Feb. 9th & 10th, so if everyone is interested I could host one that Saturday night.

I will get stabby with any dealer I want to, especially ones at my house. Twisted Evil

Let me know if this works for everyone.

<-- most likely in, not for sure, but most likely... Do you have a table keith? Chips?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  dexman1349 on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:32 pm

I've never had a need to purchase either chips or a table until now. I would probably need someone to bring a table, I'll start looking into purchasing some chips, but I might need those too.

As a host, all I am able to provide at this point is a roof and some food. I hope to have some chips too, but we'll see.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Mondogarage on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:54 pm

dexman1349 wrote:The kids will be out of town the weekend of Feb. 9th & 10th, so if everyone is interested I could host one that Saturday night.

I will get stabby with any dealer I want to, especially ones at my house. Twisted Evil

Let me know if this works for everyone.

That could potentially work for me, if the location works. I do have chips in three colors (decent weight, too), but don't know whether I really have enough for a 6-8 player home game, since they were gifts and I don't really host home games.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Mondogarage wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:The kids will be out of town the weekend of Feb. 9th & 10th, so if everyone is interested I could host one that Saturday night.

I will get stabby with any dealer I want to, especially ones at my house. Twisted Evil

Let me know if this works for everyone.

That could potentially work for me, if the location works. I do have chips in three colors (decent weight, too), but don't know whether I really have enough for a 6-8 player home game, since they were gifts and I don't really host home games.
remember that if you are contributing something like chips or a tale you are most likeley volunteering to stay the duration.. I just thought this should be mentioned....
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Scrupboy on Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:25 pm

PoWdA wrote:remember that if you are contributing something like chips or a tale you are most likeley volunteering to stay the duration.. I just thought this should be mentioned....
...after I take 70% of the $$ and sit on the sidelines yelling, "Hurry up, I need my chips!" lol Twisted Evil
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:27 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
PoWdA wrote:remember that if you are contributing something like chips or a tale you are most likeley volunteering to stay the duration.. I just thought this should be mentioned....
...after I take 70% of the $$ and sit on the sidelines yelling, "Hurry up, I need my chips!" lol Twisted Evil
Laughing


So I guess this means you are in?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  PoWdA on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:58 am

How about this....

We can play 2-7 Triple Draw $.25/.50 with one blind and a 3 raise cap. It is an action game and if you are playing right you will be betting a lot on every street. I do understand everyone is new to the game.

How about this for a structure:

Hold em and Omaha/8b are played $.50/1.00 with a $.25 small blind and $.50 big blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed.

Triple Draw will be played $.25/.50 with a single $.25 blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed. (this should give everyone time to get familier with the game without losing thier shirt)

Stud, Razz, and Stud/8b can be played $.50/1.00 with a $.05 ante, $.25 bring in, and $.50 complete with no double bet allowed (if board pairs) and one bet with 3 raises allowed.



How does this sound?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Posts : 1117
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 36
Location : Probobly out of position

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Mondogarage on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 am

PoWdA wrote:How about this....

How about this for a structure:

Hold em and Omaha/8b are played $.50/1.00 with a $.25 small blind and $.50 big blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed.

Triple Draw will be played $.25/.50 with a single $.25 blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed. (this should give everyone time to get familier with the game without losing thier shirt)

Stud, Razz, and Stud/8b can be played $.50/1.00 with a $.05 ante, $.25 bring in, and $.50 complete with no double bet allowed (if board pairs) and one bet with 3 raises allowed.

How does this sound?

Given your buyin goals, I think this sounds fine. Hope I feel like making the 50 mile drive, because this game's going to be fun.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Posts : 546
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Ridin' the shortstack on the bubble

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  dexman1349 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:18 am

I think this structure would work fine. Let's see how interest goes and we can try to make this a regular monthly / bi-monthly event. I'll check with some of my other poker buddies to see if this is something they would be interested in.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Posts : 481
Join date : 2007-12-26
Location : Not at a Poker table :(

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Scrupboy on Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:57 pm

PoWdA wrote:
Scrupboy wrote:
PoWdA wrote:remember that if you are contributing something like chips or a tale you are most likeley volunteering to stay the duration.. I just thought this should be mentioned....
...after I take 70% of the $$ and sit on the sidelines yelling, "Hurry up, I need my chips!" lol Twisted Evil
Laughing


So I guess this means you are in?
Sorry, I can't fully commit at this time. May be in Rapid City visiting my Grandmother-in-law that weekend. At least I'd be close to Deadwood where they have higher limits. I'll know once we get closer to that date. Keep me informed if you guys get maxed out.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Posts : 506
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 45
Location : Lakewood

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

triple draw home game.... Empty Re: triple draw home game....

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum