Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run-down at Milo's last night

5 posters

Go down

Run-down at Milo's last night Empty Run-down at Milo's last night

Post  dexman1349 Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:23 am

I was playing at Milo's last night. Decent game, alot of the usual players. The game was going down it's usual path of watching the better players get called and run-down by the typical bar poker donks, and this hand was no exception:

Early into the tourney, blinds at 25-50. Hero has ~1400 chips, villan ~ 1100
Sitting on the SB with pocket Kings. There are 3 limpers around to me, I raise it up to 300
Player in the 2nd position calls, as does the player to the right of the button (villan).
flop comes out : King, 8, 5 rainbow.
Hero bets 300 again. 2nd position folds, villan pushes all-in.

Here I'm sitting on the absolute dead nuts, so it's an easy call. Villan shows A-Qo and says " all I need is an ace." Laughing
I show my pocket kings and reply, "you're going to need more than an ace."

turn brings a Jack
flop brings a 10 to give the villan a runner-runner straight. Evil or Very Mad

I looked up the math at cardplayer.com and he had a 1.6% chance of winning after the flop, then 9% after the turn.

I really hate bar poker sometimes. It knocked me down to about ~300 chips and I remained the short stack and ended up making the final table where my A-K was beaten by pocket 2's
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Run-down at Milo's last night Empty Re: Run-down at Milo's last night

Post  Mondogarage Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:37 am

I love bar poker (lately). Mostly because I haven't been run down. My last four finishes have been 2nd, 1st, 1st, and 2nd in consolation last night (where I showed up two hours late and could only play consol).

Best part was heads up on Monday. I shoved the Hammer and outdrew Big Slick, and the next hand had rockets. 72o followed by AA. Weird.

I shoved because the tail end of final table had been playing really weak/tight...didn't expect to run into the 65% monster. Very Happy

Unfortunately for me, it's my higher buy-in online tournies where the bar poker fish-type players have been running down my 80-90% hands. Suspect
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:06 pm

That sucks! I hate that stuff, but you know what they say, "That's poker."

Speaking of bad beats, I took one yesterday in the first hand of the $10 Rebuy tournament online. Get dealt pocket 5's and flop 2-5-10 and check raise a preflop raiser and get 2 callers. Turn brings the 10 with which I push and pre flop raiser immediately calls and shows A-10. To complete the bad beat the A hits on the river and I am so disgusted that I don't rebuy and leave the tourney after dropping $11 and viewing one hand. No

...oh well, that's poker.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Oh yeah, bad beats...

There was my hand Sunday in a Bodog $100k satellite, where I limp a pf raise and call with 77 (blinds folded), and we see a flop of TT7 (jackpot!)

After a bet, I shove the button, and get calls all around from AK and A5. Ya, A5.

So I've got the boat, one player's got one pair with overs, the other one pair and one semi-sorta-live card.

Turn: A
River: Case A

So gross.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 pm

The part that made me mad was that the guy when he saw my trips, threw his cards into the muck before the turn and river were shown. So technically, he folded his hand after the flop even though he was all in, right?

Oh well. I know I played that hand right, and would win 98.5% of the time. Everyone at one point or another has been hit with a hand like this.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:29 pm

His hand should've been declared dead as soon as it hit the muck.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:33 pm

dexman1349 wrote:The part that made me mad was that the guy when he saw my trips, threw his cards into the muck before the turn and river were shown. So technically, he folded his hand after the flop even though he was all in, right?
Technically, in most brick and mortar rooms, that is a muck if any of his cards touched the muck and it is indecisive if the cards that he threw were actually the cards that were mucked. Of course, you are talking bar poker which, depending on the company, does not have standards in place and enforcement of typical rules. Basically, you are at the mercy of the establishment or company.

That does suck though as the guy knew he was a huge dog and threw his cards. lol
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Milo's is TPT. Who was dealing? If his hand hit the muck it should be declared dead. I don't care if the player bitches all night and is my grandma, the rules are in place for a reason.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:29 am

PoWdA wrote:Milo's is TPT. Who was dealing? If his hand hit the muck it should be declared dead. I don't care if the player bitches all night and is my grandma, the rules are in place for a reason.

I'm not sure what the dealer's name is. He's one of the newer dealers. I'm honestly not that worried about it. I was more mad after I thought about it, but shrugged it off as one of the worse beats I've seen. Last time I played at that exact table trip kings eliminated me. I had A-K versus pocket kings, I flop an ace as the SS and go all in, girl calls with her kings and catches the case king on the river.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down