Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home game options

+2
PoWdA
kkravec
6 posters

Go down

Home game options

Home game options Vote_lcap27%Home game options Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Home game options Vote_lcap18%Home game options Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Home game options Empty Home game options

Post  kkravec Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Here goes trying the poll out.

Last edited by kkravec on Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Home game options Empty Re: Home game options

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:05 pm

What about HORSE tourney then mixed game? Very Happy
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:19 pm

I've never played a horse tourney before. I'd like to give that a try. Regardless of the outcome of the vote (except NLHE cash. I would rather play Bingo), you can count me in.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I'll try to make it regardless of the format. I just have to try to get a kitchen pass.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:27 pm

PoWdA wrote:What about HORSE tourney then mixed game? Very Happy

the problem with a HORSE tourney is that it will either A) take a really long time or B) give you very little play....

I think I voted for the NLHE tourney followed by cash...that way people can get their tourney fix and we can all play as long as we want after....

depending on the # of players...we might be better off sticking to flop games unless we are at 8 or less....I hate the idea of forcing people to sit out hands, just so we can play certain games....I know you can use a community card for 7th in stud games but it just doesn't seem as fun that way...

but again your house your choice.....I'm fine with whatever....as long as the stakes are modest....I haven't had any 2K cashes recently. Wink

P.S. please don't ban crazy/regular pineapple...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:29 pm

dexman1349 wrote:I've never played a horse tourney before. I'd like to give that a try. Regardless of the outcome of the vote (except NLHE cash. I would rather play Bingo), you can count me in.

I used to feel the same way....now I much prefer cash games to tournies....but I still play in some tournies cause people like them...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:35 pm

No ban on pineapple here!

I like the idea of a short NLHE tourney, but fast paced tourneys always turn into push fests and take away poker at the end. So part of me leans to just a cash game. I think the stakes would be the same as at Danny's place for the cash game.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 pm

kkravec wrote:No ban on pineapple here!

I like the idea of a short NLHE tourney, but fast paced tourneys always turn into push fests and take away poker at the end. So part of me leans to just a cash game. I think the stakes would be the same as at Danny's place for the cash game.

are we going to stick to just playing limit? I think hold em, omaha, pineapple are more fun as no/pot limit games....

but again I'm fine with whatever...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't see there being an overwhelming request for NL...so I limit of any game we play .50/1 games and if there is an ante...that'll be a dime just like at Danny's. I think it ran well and look to repeat the cash game structure.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:52 pm

idh78 wrote:
kkravec wrote:No ban on pineapple here!

are we going to stick to just playing limit? I think hold em, omaha, pineapple are more fun as no/pot limit games....

but again I'm fine with whatever...
The problem is you can't spread NL, PL, and Limit games in the same rotation as you cannot equal out the risk. You are going to risk more in a NL/PL game than in a structured game. If you are going to spread NL Hold em one hand and Limit the next, how do you creat similar limits?

One idea would be to make the game selection change depending on how many players you have at the table so if you have 9 or more we can play NL or PL Omaha, Pineapple, and Hold em, and if there are 8 or fewer we can spread all of the HORSE games in Limit form and 6 or fewer all of the HORSE games and Limit Triple Draw. Just an idea.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:53 pm

And Keith if you want to use my structute that is great as well. It looks like the only change is adding the pineapple (hold em on crack) variations and they run the same exact structures as the other flop games.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:57 pm

No guarantee I could make it and donate to you all, but I'll try. The woman doesn't enjoy home games much and if you recall tried to run me over in the parking lot last time. I'll do my best to get there though so you can each get a piece of the action.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Ok, I changed my vote. Now that i think about it, a mixed cash game is plenty fun. I really liked how the game went at Danny's and would like to play that again. If we want to do a tourney, we can always set-up a pokerstars game like we did a few months ago.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Yeah simplicity is usually the best. Get all of the rules laid out ahead of time and find a date.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:08 pm

I actually really like your idea Danny.....we could play flop games as either no limit or pot limit, when 9 handed or above....and then play a limit game including the stud games when we are at 8 players or less....

the NL/PL games could be played small like one .25 blind or something.....max buy-in of $20....wouldn't get too crazy with this crew....

but you can mix structured and big bet games.....they do it in Bobby's room all the time...we could do the same with many zeros taken off a the the end. Very Happy
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:24 pm

Also Keith I can add Pineapple and Pineapple to the limits we used at the lat game. Would you want an option to play either hi/lo split? I can add that as well. I do suggest having a definite list of games that are allowed before starting. Would you like to add badugi? Let me know and I will write out some blind structures.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks Danny...I'll talk with Jenna tonight and we'll set a date.

Pineapple and crazy could be added, if people wanted to play H/L pineapple, then sure, but I doubt I'd make that choice. As for badugi...I have never played it but read about it and know the basics. It can be an options but might need a little write up for people to understand it.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:51 pm

How about this structure for the ring game. It is the same as before with a few mods to allow for Pineapple and the possibility of mixing structured and non-structured games.

This game will have different games allowed depending on how many players are present! The blinds are as follows!

If 9 or more are present the game choices are no limit or pot limit Hold em, Omaha, Pineapple, and Crazy Pineapple. All no limit and pot limit games will have a $.10 small blind and $.25 big blind. Wether the game is pot limit will depend on the game and who calls the game. Hold em and Pineapple variations can be played both pot limit and no limit while Omaha is only played pot limit.

With 8 or fewer the game will become a structured game with no no limit or pot limit variations allowed and the limits will be as follows.

Hold em, Omaha/8b, Pineapple, and Crazy Pineapple* are played $.50/1.00 with a $.25 small blind and $.50 big blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed.

Stud, Razz, and Stud/8b can be played $.50/1.00 with a $.10 ante, $.25 bring in, and $.50 complete with double bet allowed (if board pairs) and one bet with 3 raises allowed.

With 6 or fewer Triple Draw and possibly Badugi can be introduced.

Triple Draw and Badugi will be played $.25/.50 with a single $.25 blind with one bet and 3 raises allowed. (this should give everyone time to get familier with the game without losing thier shirt)***

The limits and games will change slightly depending on how many players are at the table. With 9 or more the only games will be pot limit or no limit Hold em, Omaha, Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple.* With 8 or fewer players the game choices will be Limit only and include all of the HORSE games, Triple Draw, Badugi, Pineapple, and Crazy Pineapple.** No wildcards or other variations (baseball, follow the queen, etc). All games are choice. The button will move with the deal (everyone deals) and there will be a seperate "choice button" that will move every 5 hands. When a game is chosen that game is spread for 5 hands and then the choice button is moved to the left and a new game is chosen by whoever received the choice button. All games are 1 opening bet and 3 raises. No sitting out entire games because you do not like the game being spread unless you wish to deal for the duration of the game. 30 minute notice needed before leaving, if you do not want to give 30 minutes before you leave you will not be invited back. You may deal for tips (to get back in the game if you go broke and only if you go broke) if your luck and money are gone! BYOB and NO CRYBABIES. Expect to lose anywhere from $20-$50 in this game (Keith should expect to lose anywhere from $100 to $200).

* Both Pineapple and Crazy Pineapple can be played high low split with an 8 or lower to qualify for low.

**If all are comfortable Badugi can be introduced as well with the same betting structure and also if all are comfortable both Triple Draw 2-7 and Badugi can use the exact structure as the flop games. Introducing Badugi is a long shot but if we get a few people interested we can spread it.

I just modified the old rules a little. I can make a tourney structure if it turns out to be a HORSE game (probly steal it from the $1500 HORSE WSOP event) and I can also post a NL tourney structure if that is the other option. As far as altering the games depending on how many players are present that is up to Keith and Jenna. I also did not include PLO8 in the 9 man game as that game is extremley difficult game to deal and I think it's better to get the cards in the air than mess with a game that will slow the action down terribly. Once again I am just throwing this out there. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by PoWdA on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:07 pm

I will also post a guide to Badugi that a guy from another forum I am on posted and see where people can play to try and learn the game a little. The game is a form of triple draw and was a WSOP event a few years back. I have barely played but what little I did play was fun.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down