Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roxbourough game on the 10th

+2
dexman1349
PoWdA
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Roxbourough game on the 10th - Page 2 Empty Re: Roxbourough game on the 10th

Post  dexman1349 Sun May 11, 2008 4:06 pm

I had pocket 5's. Blinds were 100/200 and I went all-in for 675. He pushed all-in over the top of me for ~1500 to isolate, then the bastard shows J-2 (I think they were suited, hearts).

I come to these games to get away from the retards that play like that online or at the bars.

The part that really pissed me off was about 2 minutes after that he said he needed to leave in 10 minutes and wanted to know if another guy already eliminated could play his chips for him. If he knew he was needing to leave, then just fucking leave (or why show up to begin with, if you can only play for two hours). I hate when those kind of people turn into the all-in every hand to dump their chips and end up fucking up the rest of the game. Mad

I don't care if he was trying to dump chips (and even give them to me), I really hate chip dumpers. Just fucking leave.

ps, this was even written long after calming down from it. I was really pissed when I left. My new avatar is what I feel like after being busted like that.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sun May 11, 2008 9:49 pm

yeah Peao is an idiot...

however I would be thrilled to be up against J2 when I was all in with pocket 5's....no matter how it turned out.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sun May 11, 2008 9:52 pm

idh78 wrote:yeah Peao is an idiot...

however I would be thrilled to be up against J2 when I was all in with pocket 5's....no matter how it turned out.
I hear that. I definetly want to encourage play like that but it is really gay when someone gets knocked out like that. It is just pretty classless to paly that way.

Also he asked if his friend who got knocked out already could play his stack if he left. LOL. Yeah right.

I had a good time, he just made a few extremely qestionable plays is all.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sun May 11, 2008 10:08 pm

PoWdA wrote:

I hear that. I definetly want to encourage play like that but it is really gay when someone gets knocked out like that. It is just pretty classless to paly that way.

Also he asked if his friend who got knocked out already could play his stack if he left. LOL. Yeah right.

that's simply how Peao plays though....once in a while it works out for him usually it does not....you certainly can't expect everyone you play with to play "correctly" if there even is such a thing.....honestly if everyone had the same playing style this game would be utterly boring...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sun May 11, 2008 11:23 pm

idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:

that's simply how Peao plays though....once in a while it works out for him usually it does not....you certainly can't expect everyone you play with to play "correctly" if there even is such a thing.....honestly if everyone had the same playing style this game would be utterly boring...
That is what I am saying. It just sucks because Keith got the short end of the stick (whatever that means).
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sun May 11, 2008 11:31 pm

I was pretty happy when i saw his cards knowing that realistically he was drawing to a 3-outer with the jack.

I'm not mad about the cards or how they fell, or even the fact that I was eliminated (although that didn't help). I was just pissed about the, "sorry I eliminated you, I have to leave too" part. It was very disrespectful.

Honestly there wasn't much for drama. I said good hand, watched for a few more minutes (while the "i've gotta go" thing played out), then I left. I don't know if anything else happened after I left, so Danny would have to speak to that.

I will definately play again with those guys if they'll have me back.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon May 12, 2008 10:21 am

what were the circumstances as for him having to leave?

I know the last game at Paul's I had backup plans as well knowing full well that I haven't gone deep since we went to this new structure....I guess the difference being that if somehow I did get chips I would be playing for the duration.

as for Peao, he can be an ass without even knowing it....I didn't care for him much at all at first...now that I've known him for ahwile I can honestly say I like the guy....yes he can be a bit much at times, but I really don't think he was doing anything out of line intentionally....

I'm sure it was frustrating to bust in the way you did given the circumstances....but I wouldn't be too upset by this...at least you got your money in good, which is more than I can say for myself these days....

there is a hand I actually played with Peao that we seem to always bring up whenever we are in a pot together....back when we used to start with 5000 chips, in the first level there was a limp in pot where I had the 3c4c and he had the 2c5c (just for the record Peao is superstious about dueces) and the flop came J 9 4 with two clubs....I led out and only he called....the turn was a red 3 and we managed to get all the money in the pot after a few re-raises...the river was a club and his 5 high flush was good enough to beat my 4 high flush....the whole table couldn't stop laughing at us...and even though I was a 70/30 favorite when all the money went in I wasn't too mad about it, cause all I could really say is "that's Peao"
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 12, 2008 11:05 am

Here's my response at milehighpoker.com:

I'm trying to choose my words wisely on this one. This is a very well run game played by some solid players, and I would very much like to play again. Once again, thanks to Jon for hosting and running a good game.

I will admit the only reason I spoke up about the situation was because I was eliminated (so, yeah there are a few sour grapes). However, my elimination is not the issue I have a problem with. I have no regrets on how I played that hand, and put in that situation again I would play it the same way 99.9% of the time. The issue I had was what appeared to be the fact that he was trying to dump off his chips.

The only information I had going into this is as follows: New player at my table is shortstacked. He promptly goes on a big-bet then fold, or all-in tear for 15 minutes. After that 15 minutes, he declares to the room that he needs to leave (I still have no idea why, or if he even was able to return). IMO, there are only two possible reasons for going on this tear before needing to leave: 1) build up a huge stack so he can be blinded while he runs a quick errand, or 2) dump his chips so he doesn't feel rushed or obligated to return. The fact that he not only called my all-in but actually raised himself all-in with a very junk hand (J-2), made it easy for me to conclude he was on the second reason.

I will agree that he paid his $40 just like everyone else and has the right to play his cards in any way he wishes. I just don't think it's fair to everyone else who also paid their $40 for play to be impacted like this. 15 minutes of this style of play can drastically change the outcome and dynamics of the rest of the game. He doubled up through the chip leader, then promptly lost those chips to another player, doubled up again from a third opponent, lost it to another, eliminated me, then declared he had to leave. So now his perceived attempt to leave has eliminated a player, cut the chip leaders stack by ~10%, given chips to 2 players who may or may not have otherwise won them, and has thus changed the dynamics of the table. This is where my issue arrises. If you need to leave and want your chips to be distributed around the table, then leave your stack and let it get blinded off, otherwise just rack your chips and leave. It's not fair to the other players at the table impacting the play with a big-bet/fold or all-in attempt to get rid of your chips.

For those who have played with him before, is this a common move for him? If he plays a big bet/fold or all-in game with junk cards routinely, I will gladly put my foot in my mouth and fully apologize to everyone. I only ask because I have no idea.

This is all I will say about it. I don't see a need to build this any bigger or continue this further. If you want to discuss this further with me, please PM me and we can discuss it there, or I can give you my phone number.

ps. The other Jeff had told me on Friday that he was a "maybe," but he would try to come. I had told Jon this when I showed up. I'm sorry I didn't announce it to everyone. I should have called him to confirm, and I apologize for not doing so.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon May 12, 2008 12:40 pm

I just counted the whole issue as over as soon as his request was rejected. I agree with the ruling and don't think it was too big of a deal. I've played with him before, he's definitely got some maniac in him at the table. I don't really know what the circumsances were surrounding his need to leave but it sounds as though he was trying to chip up or get knocked out ASAP. This isn't a huge deviation from his normal game from what I've seen though.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm

Stallion wrote:I just counted the whole issue as over as soon as his request was rejected. I agree with the ruling and don't think it was too big of a deal. I've played with him before, he's definitely got some maniac in him at the table. I don't really know what the circumsances were surrounding his need to leave but it sounds as though he was trying to chip up or get knocked out ASAP. This isn't a huge deviation from his normal game from what I've seen though.

I will 2nd that. I tried this approach last month....needless to say you guys had no trouble taking me out in level 2.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon May 12, 2008 2:35 pm

idh78 wrote:
Stallion wrote:I just counted the whole issue as over as soon as his request was rejected. I agree with the ruling and don't think it was too big of a deal. I've played with him before, he's definitely got some maniac in him at the table. I don't really know what the circumsances were surrounding his need to leave but it sounds as though he was trying to chip up or get knocked out ASAP. This isn't a huge deviation from his normal game from what I've seen though.

I will 2nd that. I tried this approach last month....needless to say you guys had no trouble taking me out in level 2.

Laughing

I figured you were just in a big hurry to go somewhere else. Probably due to my really bad BO.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon May 12, 2008 2:40 pm

Stinky McStinkerson
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon May 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Can we name names? who smelled?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 12, 2008 2:45 pm

PoWdA wrote:Can we name names? who smelled?

I'm pretty sure it was no-one at my initial table (Me, Clay, Jon, Marty, that girl that kept giving Danny fits, and one other - drawing a blank on the 6th).

Not sure about the end of the table closest to the door once we broke to two tables. My end of the table was ok.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon May 12, 2008 3:01 pm

dexman1349 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was no-one at my initial table (Me, Clay, Jon, Marty, that girl that kept giving Danny fits, and one other - drawing a blank on the 6th).

Not sure about the end of the table closest to the door once we broke to two tables. My end of the table was ok.
Yeah that girl woke up with some huge hand every time I was in a pot with her. It sucked to fold to her repeatedly.

Also I pushed with an M of 3 and she says "that was a gross overbet but whatever."

I give her a dirty look and pointed at my stack and say "what? do you expdect me to paly after the flop."

Jesus people think before you talk, or better yet don't talk at all. She was cool but come on, I don't need a lesson from you.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 12, 2008 3:06 pm

PoWdA wrote:
dexman1349 wrote:

Yeah that girl woke up with some huge hand every time I was in a pot with her. It sucked to fold to her repeatedly.

Also I pushed with an M of 3 and she says "that was a gross overbet but whatever."

I give her a dirty look and pointed at my stack and say "what? do you expdect me to paly after the flop."

Jesus people think before you talk, or better yet don't talk at all. She was cool but come on, I don't need a lesson from you.

It was probably a good fold both times. She didn't play very many hands, but when she did and she bet, you can assume she hit the board hard. I don't remember the overbet comment, probably came after I busted.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon May 12, 2008 3:08 pm

who was that?

Edit: I'm going to guess it was Becky....short little thing...kinda annoying...

I can't see it being Cheryl or Natalie....Jamie can talk a little shit if provoked, but I can't see her saying anything like that's a gross overbet.

Last edited by idh78 on Mon May 12, 2008 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon May 12, 2008 3:12 pm

idh78 wrote:who was that?
brunette. ~6. nice. cool. I think she wanted to see a flop for cheap so she made the comment. Too bad for her.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 pm

I think her name is Jamie. She's the school teacher.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon May 12, 2008 3:18 pm

dexman1349 wrote:I think her name is Jamie. She's the school teacher.

yup that's Jamie....yeah I like her the best of that bunch....Ryan and Natalie are cool as well...still trying to see if my guess of Ryan being the smelly guy is correct (although I was half kidding, I don't know a few names on the list)
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon May 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Yeah I didn't have any problem with her, or anyone for that matter, that is just a comment she made.

I met a few cool people. What was his name? WSOP guy? John? He was cool. And so was the other guy that peao doubled through when he called his all-in with 46s? I think it was mike? He was cool too. I did sit at the table with this Keith guy. He smelled really really bad. I also had thei donkey "david" or whatever his name was right behind me. He smelled too.

Good group.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Mon May 12, 2008 3:27 pm

PoWdA wrote:Yeah I didn't have any problem with her, or anyone for that matter, that is just a comment she made.

I met a few cool people. What was his name? WSOP guy? John? He was cool. And so was the other guy that peao doubled through when he called his all-in with 46s? I think it was mike? He was cool too. I did sit at the table with this Keith guy. He smelled really really bad. I also had thei donkey "david" or whatever his name was right behind me. He smelled too.

Good group.

Lol, I just remembered the 6th at my initial table was David. Such a forgettable person. I probably blocked him out because of the smell...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm

I hate you all.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  ak1971 Mon May 12, 2008 3:56 pm