Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got dammit, so close again

3 posters

Go down

Got dammit, so close again Empty Got dammit, so close again

Post  Mondogarage Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:21 am

Two Bodog MTT final tables, 6th in each.

And 19th in the Full Tilt 50/50....gaaaaaa....raise-shoved KQ into AK on a K high board. I was 9 in chips at the time, too.

I really need to fix these late stage leaks.

Nice paydays all around today, but $260 is nowhere near $9k.

Most disappointing part is, I was 3rd in chips when the money bubble broke.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Got dammit, so close again Empty Re: Got dammit, so close again

Post  Scrupboy Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:52 pm

Mondogarage wrote:Two Bodog MTT final tables, 6th in each.

And 19th in the Full Tilt 50/50....gaaaaaa....raise-shoved KQ into AK on a K high board. I was 9 in chips at the time, too.

I really need to fix these late stage leaks.

Nice paydays all around today, but $260 is nowhere near $9k.

Most disappointing part is, I was 3rd in chips when the money bubble broke.
Wow! You really are on fire there Mondo! What have you been eating?

That 50/50 is a big tournament and the PokerStars version was one of my favorites until I stopped playing. Well, I decided to play a little last week after my sister won some money and transferred some to me to "get me back in the game". I played a little last week and I've turned my $20 into $55. lol Anyway, I noticed that the 50/50 version on PS is now a 70k guarantee. The few times I've watched the buyins and noticed that they are actually having to cover the guarantee. Get into that game and get some free PS money!

Good job yesterday Mondo!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:24 pm

Scrupboy wrote:
That 50/50 is a big tournament and the PokerStars version was one of my favorites until I stopped playing. Well, I decided to play a little last week after my sister won some money and transferred some to me to "get me back in the game". I played a little last week and I've turned my $20 into $55. lol Anyway, I noticed that the 50/50 version on PS is now a 70k guarantee. The few times I've watched the buyins and noticed that they are actually having to cover the guarantee. Get into that game and get some free PS money!

Good job yesterday Mondo!

Well, playing the 50/50 anywhere is a rare bird for me. I'm not rolled to buy in directly, and only got to play the $14+1 sat because an errand required me leaving work two hours early yesterday. It's only the second time I've ever played.

I think I've picked up a leak in my late stage game, when I dwell more on the hands that took me out last night and in the $200k. Essentially, I'm having a hard time letting non-premium hands go that I've open raised PF, even when letting them go will still leave me with a playable stack (say, 12-20 BB). I have to work on that.

However, in the last eight days, I've taken my combined online roll (PS/FTP/Bodog) from something like $400 to something like $2200, so I can actually play now. Though it's still spread out, and I shouldn't really play more than $20 buy-ins per site...

I can't help thinking how much better this run would be if I didn't have that leak, because I went out of both just before jumps in payout tiers. But honestly, even though I only have one complete victory during this run, and even though none of my cashes have been in my top 4-5 individual cashes, I don't think I've ever had such a good short term run online.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:16 pm

mondo is winning? Do we need further proof online poker is rigged? Laughing
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content