Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bar Poker Bad Beat

3 posters

Go down

Bar Poker Bad Beat Empty Bar Poker Bad Beat

Post  Scrupboy Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 pm

This happened to me at one of those APT poker tournaments about 1.5 years ago.

They had their big monthly tournament and I had a cert from the one time I played. Eight hands into the game, the following hand happened:

Blinds are 25/50
I'm in small blind with KJo and everyone mucks to me.
Raise to 200 since only heads up.
BB calls the raise and we see a flop of Kh Jd 10s.
I doubt if this guy has anything, but just in case he has straight draw I bet 500.
BB calls rather quickly.
Turn is 9d, I figure he may have made the straight, but bet another 500 just to see where he is.
BB calls and I figure him for the straight and pray for K or J
River brings the Kd and I contemplate how to play. I go all in as he has been stubborn and I figure he will call with a straight or a flush.
BB thinks for about a minute, contemplates and talks to himself. Finally calls and I say full house and flip up my cards. BB says, "I only have a flush" and flips up his Qd10d. Dealer says, "uh, that's a straight flush" and pushes up the Kd Jd 9d. I double check the board and sure enough it's a straight flush. Dealer pushes the pot, I announce "nice hand" and leave.

How do you beat a person that doesn't even know what they have? I hate bar poker.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Bar Poker Bad Beat Empty Re: Bar Poker Bad Beat

Post  PoWdA Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 pm

Heh.. It's okay... Abouta month ago I went to a denver poer tour game and sat on the waitlist for nearly 2 hours. Second hand in I am dealt 77 and call and flop a set. Othr guy rivers a flush after I push (I had like 1500 in chips with the blinds at 100/200).

I laughed and left. That sucked.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:05 pm

PoWdA wrote:Heh.. It's okay... Abouta month ago I went to a denver poer tour game and sat on the waitlist for nearly 2 hours. Second hand in I am dealt 77 and call and flop a set. Othr guy rivers a flush after I push (I had like 1500 in chips with the blinds at 100/200).

I laughed and left. That sucked.

Sounds like my last Denver Poker Tour experience, except the wait was only 90 minutes (I was #2 on waitlist, but one dealer didn't show up, the game started an hour late). My 2nd hand, I was in the BB with AQo, flop comes AQx. Mid position player limped AA preflop and only called my 3.5x BB raise, the fucker. I generally punish AA preflop limpers.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Mondogarage wrote:Mid position player limped AA preflop and only called my 3.5x BB raise, the fucker. I generally punish AA preflop limpers.
HATE AA peflop limpers!! Love to bust people with a rag blind hand and a AA limper. Then they get mad and verbally spout out their bad luck. I laugh and say, "THAT'S why you don't limp with aces, dumbass." jocolor

I used to see this a lot when I dealt for DPT. If I gave any good advise out it was NEVER limp with aces in the hole.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down