Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Omaha Hi/Low by Capelletti

2 posters

Go down

Omaha Hi/Low by Capelletti Empty Omaha Hi/Low by Capelletti

Post  PoWdA Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:14 pm

So I get bored at work and write these little mini reviews on books I read. Here we go....

I honestly don't know if I like this book or not. There is a ton of information in this book, the question is how do you put it to work. Cappeletti has, at least for me, a very hard to read writing style. Many times I felt like he was conflicting the exact concept he had just described in the same paragraph. As I was nearing the end of the book last night I had gotten used to this recurring theme and paid specific attention to one paragraph where he says something along the lines of "You should definetly raise here" then "but you might be beat by your opponents here" to "you should check here" to "you are probobly ahead here" in the same paragraph. I understand trying to teach how to play Omaha Hi/Low can be a little difficult but a little structure couldn't hurt.

Another thing Cappelleti constantly does in this book is break off into rants of random statistics. He constantly will have a paragraph start out about how to play some type of hand and then end in some random stat like "I punched this hand into Mike Caro's Poker Probe and learned that 2469 actually has a 40% chance to win against any 2 opponents holding random cards if one of thier cards is a Q." That is just a random example, he doesn't really say that exact stat but those are the kinds of run offs and wierd stats he includes in his book over and over again. I am not calling his stats worthless but they are just so jumbled and randomley placed. For instance if I wanted to find the stat of A23 vs a table of random hands and I wanted to go back to this book and reference his stat on this hand (which I remember him giving some stats on it at some point) I wouldn't know the fist place to look.

I guess the big problem I have with this book is organization. I am not saying there is not a wealth of information in the book, I learned from it, but his stats he gives out would be great to refrence but how can I refrence from a book when nothing is in any kind of order? For the Omaha Hi/Low fanatic buy this book. There is a ton of information in the book but I would not reccomend this book for the beginner as there is simply too much to digest and with the randomness that this information is given you should already have a pretty good grip of Omaha Hi/Low to really get your moneys worth out of this book.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Omaha Hi/Low by Capelletti Empty Re: Omaha Hi/Low by Capelletti

Post  Wetdog Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:48 pm

A much better read is Ray Zee's book, "High-low Split Poker." It covers both O8 and S8.
Wetdog
Wetdog

Location : Circling the drain, dragging everything I can reach with me

http://wetdogpoker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Wetdog wrote:A much better read is Ray Zee's book, "High-low Split Poker." It covers both O8 and S8.
I have heard of that book many times.. how was it?
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down