Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other poker websites

+2
Stallion
dexman1349
6 posters

Go down

Other poker websites Empty Other poker websites

Post  dexman1349 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:15 pm

Just curious, what other poker websites/forums do everyone else visit besides here? What is your reason for belonging to those sites?

The other two I visit frequently are milehighpoker.com and cardsharkfrenzy.com

I go to milehighpoker.com for links to the most recent poker news across the country / world (usually pokernews.com) and the occasional home NLHE tourney. I'm still learning names and faces there, and there never seems to be much activity outside of the news tabs.

Cardsharkfrenzy.com is a great place to find funding for online play. Once you get to know a few of the members and can build up some of your stats, it can be a useful tool for when the BR starts to get low. I've been playing with real money online for months now without ever making a deposit.

No matter what I get from the other sites, I always come back to here to discuss hand strategies, learn new games, and figure out which date is the next dealer's choice game I can lose money at.

hope this doesn't earn me a ban (like it did from denverpoker.com)
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Other poker websites Empty Re: Other poker websites

Post  Stallion Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:21 pm

www.milehighpoker.com - I play in their monthly home game/tourney. Some solid players IMO and a nice group of guys (except for some yahoo named Ian - that guys's a total reprobate).

I don't bother with denverpoker.com anymore - it's a wasteland

A private site called The Plus One, it's a bunch of cardplayer castoffs that got tired of trying to wade through pages of mindless babble to discuss actual poker. There's a few really good players there, a bunch of ~ decent players and a few people, like me, that generally suck at poker. It's turned mostly in to a big gay fest chat type thing with the occassional poker discussion. I was invited there by accident. Danny's a member there as well.

I sometimes lurk at 2+2 and on the rare occassion at cardplayer. That's about it.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:32 pm

I post here (obv) and used to post at mile high a long ass time ago (before everything on the forum changed) and my account never worked after taht until recently and I have lurked a little and I think posted once.

I also post at Cardplayer.com, pocketfives.com, twoplustwo.com, pokerstrategyforums.com, and am a mod on a dead/dying site called adamtheexpert.com which still has a post or 2 a week. I also still pop in at cardsharkfrenzy every now and then. I was staking people for a while there but it really wasn't paying off so not anymore but I am sure it could be profitable in the long run if I decided to stake people again.

I also am a member of the plusone site david talks about. It is a private forum with some good players, some decent and some bad and more than anything it is a place where a bunch of people jsut rip on eachother all the time.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Stallion wrote:
I don't bother with denverpoker.com anymore - it's a wasteland.

Has there been any action there lately? Last time I was there (when I got banned), was several months ago and it was lucky to have a post per week (usually about Brian or Amateur PT).

I haven't even attempted to get my account re-instated there since then. I've really had no reason to.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:31 pm

No action at all. I haven't checked back in the last couple of weeks. It's pretty much a free bar poker bitch fest now when anyone does bother to post.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:07 pm

I check the denver poker forum every once in a while -- no action at all.

I read 2+2 when I have time, but the OOT-type forums as much as anything else. I browse flopturnriver.com on occasion, but I don't leave any content behind. Every once in a while I'll check out pokernews.com. I don't go to cardplayer.com, though, because of their self-dealing support for the PPA (board members of Cardplayer magazine being board members of the PPA, and very skewed coverage).

I also read a good number of blogs....
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:32 pm

I listen to all of the poker podcasts on pokerroad.com as well as the non-poker one (twojacksinthehole) which is hilarious.

it is a Barry Greenstein/Joe Sebok pokertainment site....a couple decent blogs on there as well....

milehighpoker.com - we really only get our one monthly game together these days....we used to discuss hands, get more random games together, etc....but seems people are just too busy these days...

off topic.....I really really wish someone had a regular weekly low stakes poker game....I used to play in a fun one with a $20 buy-in awhile back...I miss it. Found another one to replace it, but it only lasted a couple months.....I would even host a small game if I could get enough interest.

Edit- I know of several bigger games in the area pretty much any night of the week, but I don't have the bankroll for those.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:58 am

You guys are pretty much it for me. I used to check out DenverPoker, but haven't been on that site for months. I do like to read a few of the articles on Cardplayer. Mainly to see who won the Sunday Million and other big Sunday tournaments and to keep up with who's doing what on the circuit. I check out Mondo's blog and every once in a while venture onto other blogs.

Lately I've been just too busy to do anything. I have not played that much online poker and made a run up the hill last Saturday. Online poker is fun and challenging, but I still enjoy the interaction and play of live tournaments and cash games. I spent about 15 hours up there on Saturday which was a blast and I needed a return to the old game ("Son, where have you been?" "Staying away from all your donk asses!"). Work has been kicking my ass and that is why I have not been posting much as of late and that is also why there is no new blog entries... but not to worry, (in Arnold voice) I'll be back!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down