Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DPT Games & Schedules

+4
idh78
Math Backwards
Mondogarage
Denver Poker Tour
8 posters

Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty DPT Games & Schedules

Post  Denver Poker Tour Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm

I would like to say "Hi" to everyone on this site. Danny sent me an email awhile ago about it, and I decided to check it out.

This looks like a busy site with people offering advice, words of encouragement, and other ideas on how great the game of poker is.

I look forward to visiting this site often.

Good luck out there, and good luck to all of you at the final tables in whichever game you choose to play in.

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty New DPT Games & Schedules

Post  Denver Poker Tour Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:52 am

Starting OFFICIALLY October 26th, but you might see it in select location before the official date, the Denver Poker Tour will be awarding Certificates and Invitations at our Monthly, Mid-Way, and Charity Poker Tournaments to award the Top 3 Players.

1st Place will receive a Certificate/Invitation for 2500 in chips
2nd Place will receive a Certificate/Invitation for 1000 in chips
3rd Place will receive a Certificate/Invitation for 500 in chips

to be used at our Monthly, Mid-Way, and Semi-Final poker Tournament events! The more certificates/invitations that you have, the more chips you will get!

We will also be adding a 2nd TOURNAMENT A NIGHT AT ALMOST ALL OF OUR LOCATIONS!!!

Also starting October 26th, most of our Denver Poker Tour locations will be adding an additional game.

If the game usually starts at 7 PM, the location will also have an ADDITIONAL game scheduled to start at 9:30 PM, and no later than 9:45 PM. This additional game will go until we have a winner, or midnight, which ever comes first. At midnight, the player with the most chips will be declared the winner. The Top 3 players of the 2nd game will also receive the new 1,2,3 Certificate/Invitation. So stick around and play the late game if you are knocked out, or come join us for a later starting game!!!

We look forward to seeing many new faces out there, and hopefully our monthly tournaments will benefit from the influx of more players!!!

For a list of locations hosting two tournaments a night, please go to the www.DenverPokerTour.com website.

Thank you,
Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty Re: DPT Games & Schedules

Post  Mondogarage Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:11 pm

LOL, it's a shame that wasn't in effect last night at Brendan's -- I coulda used the 2nd place cert. Very Happy

Of course, I could also have used my QQ holding up against T8 when I had villian covered heads up (all in preflop). The TT7 flop was not a thing of beauty, but that's poker.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty DPT Deep Stack Tournaments

Post  Denver Poker Tour Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Come out and play in a new poker tournament format from the Denver Poker Tour.

DEEP STACK POKER!

All players will receive a minimum starting chip stack of 2500. (Some players will have a promotional coupon worth additional chips) The Blinds will start at 5 - 10, and the rounds will be set at 25 minutes per level. This promotion will also be available with other cross promotions including, double Certificate Night, Bounty Nights, and other Special Promotional offers.

Traditional prizes from the establishments and from the Denver Poker Tour.

& Las Vegas Vacation!

The winner at each location will have their name entered into a drawing for a Trip for Two to Las Vegas, Nevada. The drawing will be held on Super Bowl Sunday at Rack'em Billiards. You must be present at the drawing in order to win. We will also be playing a larger Deep Stack Tournament during the Super Bowl!

Check the Denver poker Tour calendar for a list of locations and dates.

Thank you,

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty $10,000 Poker Tournament

Post  Denver Poker Tour Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:07 pm

$10,000 Poker Tournament*
Saturday, December 27th, 2008

Rack'em Billiards
1919 S. Havana Street
Aurora, CO. 80014
303-755-7675
(NO PHONE CALLS ALLOWED!
YOU MUST REGISTER IN PERSON IN ORDER TO PLAY)

Registration Begins: NOON
Tournament starts : 2 PM

Join us this Saturday at Rack'em Billiards for the 1st in a Series of $10,000 Poker Tournaments*.

Ok, let us explain:

All Players start with $10,000 in chips... This is the ultimate Deep-Stack Tournament. Blinds will start at 10 - 20 and will progressively go up every 20 minutes.

Top 8 Players will receive Trophies.

1st Place will also receive:

A Guaranteed Seat at the Denver Poker Tour National Championships in June 2009. The winner of that event will receive the $10,000 Seat at the 2009 World Series of Poker.

This tournament is absolutely FREE TO PLAY, you must register in person!

See you there!

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:35 am

Effing free poker asshats! Soo much bad play. About the only thing you can do is be a nut peddler. So done with this.

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty Phil Helmuth Quote

Post  Denver Poker Tour Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:16 pm

Phil Helmuth was quoted years ago when asked the following question by a Nevada TV station reporter.

Question: "To what do you contribute your success in the game of poker?"
Phil Helmuth's answer: "They're all fantastic players, I'm just simply better than they are, and that's why I win."

The reporter followed up with the question: "What do you contribute to your losses then?"
Phil Helmuth's answer: "Donkey's and players who don't know the f*&%ng game. If it wasn't for luck, I'd win every tournament there was."

I guess there are bad players everywhere. $10,000 Main Event Tournaments, and Free Bar Poker Players too!

Just a thought.

Brian Masters
Denver poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:25 am

people honestly still play bar poker??? why would anyone subject themselves to that? I guess if you are an alcoholic with no life.....
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:53 pm

I guess there are bad players everywhere. $10,000 Main Event Tournaments, and Free Bar Poker Players too!

lol @ free bar poker being like the main event. True donkeys are everywhere, but the ratio is so high at free bar poker. It's just not fun to be a nut peddler.

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:22 pm

Math Backwards wrote:

lol @ free bar poker being like the main event. True donkeys are everywhere, but the ratio is so high at free bar poker. It's just not fun to be a nut peddler.

I don't know about that. Two quotes by Phil Hellmuth posted by a bar poker owner have convinced me that I have a good shot of seeing Doyle or Negreanu or Ivey at a bar poker game. If the play is the same and these guys are pros in the big events, they should be at the bar leagues as "refreshers." Very Happy

If DPT is giving away free buy-ins to WSOP events, why don't more pro's it them up? If I was a pro, I'd be at a DPT event every night.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ak1971 Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:00 pm

idh78 wrote:people honestly still play bar poker??? why would anyone subject themselves to that? I guess if you are an alcoholic with no life.....

Hey I resemble that remark.
ak1971
ak1971

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:09 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
I don't know about that. Two quotes by Phil Hellmuth posted by a bar poker owner have convinced me that I have a good shot of seeing Doyle or Negreanu or Ivey at a bar poker game. If the play is the same and these guys are pros in the big events, they should be at the bar leagues as "refreshers." Very Happy

If DPT is giving away free buy-ins to WSOP events, why don't more pro's it them up? If I was a pro, I'd be at a DPT event every night.

Except as PH was quoted, he loses when he plays against donkeys and those who don't know the effing game.

Really, DPT is part of the problem -- they are helping donkeys buy into the ME. affraid

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

Post  Wetdog Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:36 pm

idh78 wrote:people honestly still play bar poker??? why would anyone subject themselves to that? I guess if you are an alcoholic with no life.....

I like all the other alcoholics with no life that I play with. Plus it gets me and Mrs. Dog out of the house.

LOL at PH playing in a bar tourney. Would be great for the bar business tho.

Last edited by Wetdog on Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : lol)
Wetdog
Wetdog

Location : Circling the drain, dragging everything I can reach with me

http://wetdogpoker.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty

Post  Denver Poker Tour Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I believe that the Denver Poker Tour is out promoting the game of poker. I also believe that we are encouraging players to participate in a game that has made a resounding comeback across America over the last 5 - 6 years. I don't believe it is up to anyone to decide on how someone else should play their cards.

The Denver Poker Tour has sent dozens of individuals to major tournaments, including the World Series of Poker, over the years. Several of these players, including 4 of our staff, have placed in the money at the World Series of Poker events. We have also been able to have 3 Final table appearances, and even a Final Table WSOP win. (Howard Narlinger, who is an active DPT player and member of the DPT Board of Directors.). This was all free for the player to participate. Maybe they're playing poker for a different reason than you are, but they don't deserve your insulting remarks.

[quote="ak1971"]

Yes they are! In fact, this is a multi-million dollar a year business for my company, and many others across the United States. It is even making even more money for the bars and restaurants that host the events and tournaments. The restaurants and bars are happy to see the players come into their establishments and play the game. In this day and age of the economy, it's nice to see that people are still going out and spending money and time trying to enjoy themselves in a game of poker.

Recently, I had a discussion with several members of the poker community around Colorado. I asked them the question, "What is the biggest problem with poker?" Everyone at the table agreed on the same thing. "Elitism"

People believe that they are better than everyone else, they should be treated better than everyone else, and if they lose its' not their fault, its' the play of the "donkeys" at the table. The false sense of superiority that many players have is amazing. People act as though they are the World's Best Poker Player, and can't believe that anyone would ever challenge them in a game. "Don't you know who I am? I can't believe that you called me with that crap hand! What are you stupid?" Well did you win or lose the hand? If you won, then what do you care? Take their chips and move on. If you lost, all of a sudden you think you're the next Phil Helmuth. You just want to berate the player and make a scene at the table. (Or post it on your favorite BLOG). Why? Why do you feel the need to berate the player or the situation? Is this your way of saying "It's not my fault I lost, too many donkeys in the game." I am sorry that you have never, EVER, sucked out a card on the river, or went runner-runner to win a hand and knock someone out, or take their chips.

Lastly, the Denver Poker Tour has been going strong for over 5 years in the Metro Denver area. In that time, I have frequented many poker blogs and forums over the years. What I have noticed more than anything else, maybe I was looking for it, was the limited amount or lack of actual success stories. I mean a real success story! We used to see, on another site, Danny talk about going to Las Vegas and looking forward to playing in the WSOP. Or Keith talking about his recent trip to Las Vegas with his wife. Whatever happened to the "I went to Vegas, played at the Golden Nugget $65 + $40 11am tournament. I took 2nd Place and got $1800.00."

Whatever happened to the encouragement of others who play the game, and hopes of their success?

Whatever happened to people accepting the play of others at the table?

Whatever happened to the fun? The thrill of the win? The adrenaline rush you get when you flop the nuts?

I REALLY miss all of that.

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:27 pm

I have no problem playing the DPT. Of course, I only play on the rare occasions when it's convenient for me, but that's my deal, not the DPT's. The play quality ranges from decent to atrocious. Individual plays are no more atrocious than I've seen in various online MTTs, really, but there's still a higher ratio of horrible players to decent ones. But that's okay, I'm really not complaining. Hell, I complain more when I run into that kind of play on a Bodog money bubble.

I do have a problem when certain regulars can come in and, when the see a name crossed off on the list, writing their own name on the line afterwards, thus pushing me one more person down the wait list. I've seen that happen three times, and in those instances, the dealers who seem to be the regulars at that night/venue appear to not care, because it's a faithful regular who did it. So the regular player is on a somewhat more even playing field than the occasional donk. That pisses me off. Just because someone is a new player, or doesn't play 10 DPT games a week, doesn't mean they shouldn't be subject to lesser consideration than anyone else.

What else pisses me off are the nights when the dealers take inordinately long breaks (like near 20 minutes), and then speed up the blind raises because they feel like it, or because a dealer wants to get out of there early. I've had blinds go up twice within one orbit. (And no, this wasn't 3-4 hours into a tournament.)

Invariably, things like that make me make it far less a priority to find DPT events to play, and I ultimately spend no money in those establishments, since I only ever go to those particular joints on nights I was going to play a DPT event.

If those same actions took place on other tours, I'd call them out for it too, but I don't play any other tours, so I can't comment. On the rarest of rare occasions that I still go to the Bit, they run their games on time, change the blinds at the same time consistently, and run their breaks on a very strict schedule. I like that. And no advance signups, so people actually get to play in the order in which they get there. The play is every bit as bad, but that's never going to change.

I would like to hear more stories of big tourney scores, though. I don't have any to share after my Caesar's Deep Stack cash from last summer because I haven't been back to Vega$ since...
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:45 pm

Mondogarage wrote:
I would like to hear more stories of big tourney scores, though. I don't have any to share after my Caesar's Deep Stack cash from last summer because I haven't been back to Vega$ since...
I wouldn't call it big but I am in second place of 8 left at a final table on Stars right now... Drop by. I might not chat as I tend to not chat at the table (onine only obv) but still a tourney win (most likeley) nonetheless.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:38 pm

PoWdA wrote:
Mondogarage wrote:
I wouldn't call it big but I am in second place of 8 left at a final table on Stars right now... Drop by. I might not chat as I tend to not chat at the table (onine only obv) but still a tourney win (most likeley) nonetheless.

Ah, wish I could...still at the office, and no JokerStars on my work PC, fo'sho. But GL and I hope you take it downS!
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  Math Backwards Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:09 am

Hey, good luck to you. Continue to make money. Fact is people play differently when there is no cash on the line. Lots of bad players playing free poker. I never berate bad play. Yes, the donkeys are beatable and yes they suck out. I find being a nut peddler rather boring. Otherwise you would see me 4-tabling .25-.50. Bar poker used to be fun, now it bores me. I prefer to win cash.

And since mondo started a list about what pisses him of about bar poker, let me add this. It sucks being bumped down the list by the extra dealer who ends up playing instead of dealing. Let him go home, not cut in line!

Denver Poker Tour wrote:I believe that the Denver Poker Tour is out promoting the game of poker. I also believe that we are encouraging players to participate in a game that has made a resounding comeback across America over the last 5 - 6 years. I don't believe it is up to anyone to decide on how someone else should play their cards.
This was all free for the player to participate. Maybe they're playing poker for a different reason than you are, but they don't deserve your insulting remarks.

If the asshats were on this forum, I would find another venue to vent. I tell you what, you run your poker games for free, and I'll tell everyone who plays them how wonderful they are.

Denver Poker Tour wrote:

Yes they are! In fact, this is a multi-million dollar a year business for my company, and many others across the United States. It is even making even more money for the bars and restaurants that host the events and tournaments. The restaurants and bars are happy to see the players come into their establishments and play the game. In this day and age of the economy, it's nice to see that people are still going out and spending money and time trying to enjoy themselves in a game of poker.

Recently, I had a discussion with several members of the poker community around Colorado. I asked them the question, "What is the biggest problem with poker?" Everyone at the table agreed on the same thing. "Elitism"

People believe that they are better than everyone else, they should be treated better than everyone else, and if they lose its' not their fault, its' the play of the "donkeys" at the table. The false sense of superiority that many players have is amazing. People act as though they are the World's Best Poker Player, and can't believe that anyone would ever challenge them in a game. "Don't you know who I am? I can't believe that you called me with that crap hand! What are you stupid?" Well did you win or lose the hand? If you won, then what do you care? Take their chips and move on. If you lost, all of a sudden you think you're the next Phil Helmuth. You just want to berate the player and make a scene at the table. (Or post it on your favorite BLOG). Why? Why do you feel the need to berate the player or the situation? Is this your way of saying "It's not my fault I lost, too many donkeys in the game." I am sorry that you have never, EVER, sucked out a card on the river, or went runner-runner to win a hand and knock someone out, or take their chips.

Lastly, the Denver Poker Tour has been going strong for over 5 years in the Metro Denver area. In that time, I have frequented many poker blogs and forums over the years. What I have noticed more than anything else, maybe I was looking for it, was the limited amount or lack of actual success stories. I mean a real success story! We used to see, on another site, Danny talk about going to Las Vegas and looking forward to playing in the WSOP. Or Keith talking about his recent trip to Las Vegas with his wife. Whatever happened to the "I went to Vegas, played at the Golden Nugget $65 + $40 11am tournament. I took 2nd Place and got $1800.00."

Whatever happened to the encouragement of others who play the game, and hopes of their success?

Whatever happened to people accepting the play of others at the table?

Whatever happened to the fun? The thrill of the win? The adrenaline rush you get when you flop the nuts?

I REALLY miss all of that.

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Math Backwards

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty DPT Super Bowl Party

Post  Denver Poker Tour Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:23 pm

This post was originally put on a different thread by mistake. The person who pointed that out has my thanks.

DPT Super Bowl Party
and Poker Tournament

Sunday February 1st, 2009
Rack'em Billiards
1919 South Havana
Denver, CO.
303-755-7675

On Sunday, February 1st we will be hosting a HUGE Super Bowl Party for our many groups. This will be an all day event, feel free to come out anytime. This is what we will be doing!

Doors Open at Noon so does Registration!

1 PM - Closure Poker Tournament (FREE TO PLAY)

Only the first 120 people will be allowed to play.
(There is NO prize being awarded for the Poker Tournament other than a Trinket Trophy)
Each player will start with 10,000 in chips,
Blinds will start at 25 - 50 and rounds will be 25 Minutes

2 PM to 6 PM

Catered Buffet provided by ME, Brian Masters.
(Those who know me, know I am great in the kitchen)
Food will be served from 2 PM to 6 PM! Scroll down for some of the planned menu items. Food will be on a first come, first serve basis until food runs out.

4:28 PM Official Kick Off
Football Bingo will start, prizes will be awarded throughout the game.

End of Game - Door Prize drawing for Trip for Two to Las Vegas, and a cash prize drawing. Don't forget to bring your Deep Stack night certificate WINS (1st Place only) for an additional ticket.

Must be present to win!

Promotional give-a-ways, free stuff, other contests will be held all day long.

The cost at the door is:

$12.00 per person cover charge
Includes Free Buffet, and at least 1 FREE Drink Per Person, Door Prize Drawing Ticket

Last year we hosted this event and had over 100 people attend. We gave away over $1000.00 in cash & prizes. this year, we hope it will be bigger!

See you there!
Brian Masters
Restaurant & Bar Digger

Sample of the Menu:
Wings
Potato Skins
Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Taco / Nacho Bar
Smoked Beef, Chicken, and Pork Platters
Sliced Deli Meats
Cheeses
Fruits / Vegetable Platters
Brian's Mystery Bites
Assorted Deserts
...and more!

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty Good Charity Poker Game

Post  Denver Poker Tour Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:19 pm

The Denver Poker Tour is teaming up with the www.AdrenalineChicks.com charity to bring you an exciting team Poker Tournament.

Saturday March 21st, 2009
Registration begins at Noon
Tournament begins at 1:30 PM
Location: Rack'em Billiards 1919 South Havana (Havana & Jewell)
Cost: $20.00 Suggested Donation for each Team Member
Suggested Donation Includes: Lunch for all players

The Denver Poker Tour is putting on a Team Poker Tournament. Each team will consist of THREE (3) members. Participants will compete in a traditional Denver Poker Tour format. Players will be awarded points for their play based upon two categories:
1. How the individual player finishes in the tournament. Points will be awarded for each position in the tournament.
2. How many "Bounty Chips" the player accumulates by taking out a fellow competitor. (The individual player will only lose there own "Bounty Chip" and not the "Bounty Chips" that they have accumulated.) A standard "Bounty Chip" is worth 4 points. The Team Captain's "Bounty Chip" is worth 10 points. So take out the Captain first!
The total points for each team will be added up and placed against all other competing teams. The teams, Top 3, will be awarded prizes for their play.

Prizes Include, but are not limited too:
1st Place Team will receive Trophy and each member will receive a "Golden Ticket" Invitation into the Denver Poker Tour Final Championships in June 2009. The Three (3) members of the team will also receive DPT VIP Cards for the remainder of the 2009 calendar year.
2nd Place Team will receive Trophy and the Three (3) members of the team will also receive DPT VIP Cards for the remainder of the 2009 calendar year.
3rd Place Team will receive Trophy and the Three (3) members of the team will also receive DPT VIP Cards for the remainder of the 2009 calendar year.
1st Place Player will also receive, if not necessarily on the 1st Place Team, a "Golden Ticket" Invitation into the Denver Poker Tour Final Championships in June 2009, and a Trophy acknowledging their performance.

So, grab some friends, create a team and come out and show us just how good your really are!

Brian Masters
Denver Poker Tour

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

DPT Games & Schedules Empty Team DPT Cashes in the WSOP

Post  Denver Poker Tour Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Congratulations goes out to Sam Scott of Team DPT for yet another cash in the World Series of Poker. http://www.bluffmagazine.com/players/minor-scott/56143/player-profile.asp

We look forward to seeing how well he does in this weekends' United Bar Poker Tour / Denver Poker Tour National Championships where the winner will receive the $10,000 World Series of Poker Main Event Seat.

Brian Masters
UBPT / DPT

Denver Poker Tour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down