Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT Beat: Theft

4 posters

Go down

OT Beat: Theft Empty OT Beat: Theft

Post  pseudoswede Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:51 pm

11pm last night: Wife comes home in my parent's car, which I'm using to take up to Summit County today. Opened the garage door to let her in, but then I tell her to leave the car outside since I have to load some stuff into it.

9am this morning: Wife asks me if I had opened the garage door this morning. Uh-oh. Left open all night. I walk around the garage to see if anything funny has happened. In the back corner of my garage, which is usually unaccessible when a second car is in the garage, I notice the unthinkable: my golf bag is gone. My most prized non-human possession. Gone. Fortunately, the two bikes (which were hanging on a wall rack--behind a large plastic kiddie pool) and our double stroller are still there. Basically, the POS scum poked around to find something of value to pawn that was easy to sell and wouldn't make much noise.

These golf clubs weren't valuable in a monetary sense. They are 16 years old, but a very rare model of Ping clubs. Nonetheless, they are/were still very solid clubs (which guided me to many under-par rounds in my youth).

I've sent e-mails/faxes to almost all the local golf shops in town that buy clubs. I'm also monitoring craigslist and ebay. On Monday, I'm going to start the arduous task of calling all 102 pawn shops in the Denver area (according to Dex) to see if I can find them again.

Argh.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

OT Beat: Theft Empty Re: OT Beat: Theft

Post  PoWdA Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:35 am

Wow man I'm sorry. GL getting your stuff back!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Although I never scoured the pawn shops, I took it as a sign to move on--granted, my putter and golf bag were pretty darn new.

Last week, I scored some sweet used Ping i10's for $370 (retails for $700) off ebay. On Saturday, I should be getting a Callaway Hyper X Tour driver for $100 off craigslist. My dad gave me a brand-new, unused Titleist bag he won in a golf tournament. All that's left is a hybrid, three more wedges and a putter.

Hopefully I'll have some spare time later this week to hit the range and try out my irons.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:23 am

That still sucks that you were robed but god to hear you found some replacements.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 am

pseudoswede wrote:Last week, I scored some sweet used Ping i10's for $370 (retails for $700) off ebay. On Saturday, I should be getting a Callaway Hyper X Tour driver for $100 off craigslist. My dad gave me a brand-new, unused Titleist bag he won in a golf tournament. All that's left is a hybrid, three more wedges and a putter.

So you look at the 14 club rule as more of a guideline?

Smile
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:22 am

Stallion wrote:
So you look at the 14 club rule as more of a guideline?

Driver, hybrid, 3-9 irons, PW, GW, SW, LW, putter = 14 clubs Question

I can hit my 3-iron about 220-230, so almost all par 3's are reachable. If I give up the hybrid, I'm seriously considering adding a fifth wedge (64°).
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:53 pm

pseudoswede wrote:

I can hit my 3-iron about 220-230, so almost all par 3's are reachable. If I give up the hybrid, I'm seriously considering adding a fifth wedge (64°).

ahhhh, I miss those days...tried the hybrid route, can't hit those either....what does that leave me with? a 7-wood, yup I know that your grandma probably uses one....but I don't care....I can't hit long irons anymore or hybrids so this was all that was left...and I love that damn club...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down