Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates

+5
Scrupboy
Wetdog
kkravec
dexman1349
PoWdA
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:15 pm

dexman1349 wrote:
idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:I don't want to lose money Rolling Eyes

then why are you hosting a game tomorrow Laughing

So he can TRY to turn a profit care of my bankroll like he did before. Very Happy
FYP
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates - Page 2 Empty Re: Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates

Post  dexman1349 Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:30 pm

That was just a pre-payment for all of the stakes I failed to cash with. Very Happy
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:31 pm

dexman1349 wrote:That was just a pre-payment for all of the stakes I failed to cash with. Very Happy
If you want to look at it like that Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:07 pm

I was up in BH yesterday and ran into one of the Golden Gates dealers and quizzed him on the transferring of certificates. Here is the information I received.

Certificates will only be given for the main event. Last year you received certificates for the qualifiers as well and this will not be the case this time around. Cash will be given to the winners of the single table sit-n-go's. If you are one of the two remaining in the $80 sit-n-go, you will receive $340 cash with which you can buy into the $340 qualifier. Your name will be put on a list upon purchase into a $340 qualifier when you put up the cash for the tournament (similar to a regular tournament). You are not required to buy into the $340 qualifier meaning you can just keep the cash and play again.

Certificates to the ME are still transferable. The only way you can get a certificate to the ME is by winning a qualifier. This eliminates the ability to use 5 qualifying certificates to enter straight into the ME. I believe this is what caused problems with gaming last year because even though you are using 5 qualifying certificates to get into the ME realistically you are buying straight into the ME ($1700).

I personally like the new rule and this will make these turbo sit-n-go's instantly profitable if you cash in a good percentage of them. As long as you win at least 1 in every 4 you will end up with positive ROI. I would like to just spend a weekend playing these things. If your a good single table sit-n-go player, this will be a good way to make a little extra cash. I like my chances here and we're talking a 20% payout which is much better then the 10% payout in the regular tournaments.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Awesome. Great post Son. This answered a ton of questions for me.

I am going to be playing as much as possible. I figure that instead of going back to work after maternity leave I will play Heartland until they leave town. I just think to much money is going to be flying around up there fro me to not go take a piece.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:54 pm

PoWdA wrote:Awesome. Great post Son. This answered a ton of questions for me.

I am going to be playing as much as possible. I figure that instead of going back to work after maternity leave I will play Heartland until they leave town. I just think to much money is going to be flying around up there fro me to not go take a piece.

Excellent plan. One flaw though: you suck at poker.
tongue

The structures of these sng's appear to be the equivalent of an ultra-ultra-turbo sng. 10 minute blind levels, right? I'm going up to try a couple of these but I typically do MUCH better in regular sng's vs. turbos (see below - the nasty downswing was a little $30 turbo sng experiment that I did, I got killed in the turbos)

Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates - Page 2 DisplayGraph

Heartland Poker Tour @ the Gates - Page 2 DisplayGraph1
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:16 pm

BOOM!

I told Em about Heartland starting on the 28th. The baby is due the 3rd but can be here anyday now. We have a bunch of money saved up and decided that I can probly make more in a weekplaying Heartland satelites than I could at work so I will be going on leave the 28th and hitting the Heartland Sat's hard and playing until the HPT leaves town. BOOM!

I can't wait for the 28th now Very Happy
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:32 pm

PoWdA wrote:BOOM!

I told Em about Heartland starting on the 28th. The baby is due the 3rd but can be here anyday now. We have a bunch of money saved up and decided that I can probly make more in a weekplaying Heartland satelites than I could at work so I will be going on leave the 28th and hitting the Heartland Sat's hard and playing until the HPT leaves town. BOOM!

Nice! I can see it already... Danny's playing sit-n-go's and wife calls, "It's time!" "...but I'm the chip leader of my table and I'm signed up for another one after this, give me a couple hours." Razz Razz

Hopefully I can play up there as well, but it will only be if I can get my online roll up, get it cashed out in time to play. How long does it take to get a check? Cash for online transaction? Anyone? Hello? silent Otherwise, I'll be playing a few after the 4th. Sad
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Scrupboy wrote:

Nice! I can see it already... Danny's playing sit-n-go's and wife calls, "It's time!" "...but I'm the chip leader of my table and I'm signed up for another one after this, give me a couple hours." Razz Razz

Hopefully I can play up there as well, but it will only be if I can get my online roll up, get it cashed out in time to play. How long does it take to get a check? Cash for online transaction? Anyone? Hello? silent Otherwise, I'll be playing a few after the 4th. Sad

Well, I'm not a fan of pushmonkey turbo SNG play, but I've scheduled off 4/10 and 4/11 to take one shot at a $340 qualifier. Whether or not I go depends, really, on my confidence level on the day, because I've never bought in for $340 at one time before. I know I can play well enough, and I can afford it, but I may wuss out.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Scrupboy wrote:

Son honestly the last time I cashed out was December and then I had a different payment method that I can no longer use so I have no idea. Just go ahead and cash out and let us all know Very Happy
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:11 pm

Wait a second! You can actually take cash OUT of your online accounts????? I only know how to deposit....... Laughing
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am

Stallion wrote:Wait a second! You can actually take cash OUT of your online accounts????? I only know how to deposit....... Laughing
Razz Razz It's even funnier that it's true
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:04 am

PoWdA wrote:
Scrupboy wrote:

Son honestly the last time I cashed out was December and then I had a different payment method that I can no longer use so I have no idea. Just go ahead and cash out and let us all know Very Happy
Here is what the website says:

USD Checks will be delivered by regular mail and should arrive within 15 business days. For all other currencies, checks under $1,000 USD equivalent will be sent by regular mail, and should arrive within 15 business days and checks over $1,000 USD equivalent will be delivered by courier and should arrive within 7 business days. To be able to use our courier service we will need your contact phone number and your address must not be a PO Box or rural route address.

If I can get it up to over a $1000 in under 7 days the delivery process will be quicker. Smile
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:18 am

So are you heading up today? GL!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Tomorrow actaully. Then I will be up there a lot until the HPT leaves town.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:36 am

Pretty sure I'm going up tomorrow morning Danny. Keep an eye out for me........
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:37 am

Stallion wrote:Pretty sure I'm going up tomorrow morning Danny. Keep an eye out for me........
Ha.

yeah i am planning on being up there early tomorrow. I owuld go up tonight but i don't want to deal with the definite crowds.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:50 pm

How crowded do you think it will be trying to get into the last couple of $340s? I'm not going to make it up there at all until the 10th, and I'd hate to think it will be too late to purchase a seat in the morning. Hell, I still need to get my Gates card to do so.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:32 pm

I am sure the last few will sell out quick. I would try to not get into the first or second ones but maybe any a short time after those. They were booked days in advance before if I can remember correctly.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Well, that sucks for me then, because I"m not going to even be able to drive up to register until the morning of the 10th. The qualifiers end on the 11th (which is also the first flight of the ME). Hmm...I'm becoming skeptical of being able to do this now. But then, they'll be back in September.

The one thing that would piss me off more than anything is to drive up on the 10th, and be told there's no more $340 spots left at all, because I hate hate hate hate having my time wasted, especially when it involves taking limited vacation hours from work. We'll see what happens. I'm hoping that, with the satellites being paid in $$$ instead of qualifier seats, that perhaps a few less people are actually interested in playing the qualifiers, and there will be seats available.
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:30 pm

Mondo...I can't speak for the forum officially, but it sounds like people will be up there and have some sort of knowledge of how the registration is for the 11th and they could let you know if there are spots open. Then you could decided if it was worth your time to make the drive and take the vacation time.

GL to all at the tables up there.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:24 pm

Played today. First thing I see when walk in? Three sad looking donkeys playing video poker at the bar and drinking, it was about 12:30. Upon closer inspection the donkeys were none other than David, Ian, and Andy or Stallion, Idh, and AK. Anyway I say hi and can't help myself, one Jager and Red Bull please. So Andy and Ian get called to thier Omaha seats. David eventually gets into his $80 sat (and wins it thanks to some wicked suckout magic Razz ) and I wait for nearly 3 hours for my $80 sat to start. I finally get in and lose set over set in a matter of 30 minutes. Woo hoo. I forgot just how insane the blinds in these things are. So anyway while I was waiting for the other I had signed up for another so it was a short wait for my next sat. Again I lose. Card dead and 10 minute blinds are not a good combo. So while I am waiting for my third $80 sat I see some guy who looks familiar. It turns out he took 4th in the last HPT event at the gates. He was the guy with the wierd gold cat thing. He was cool, I know the gold cat says "douchwand" but he was pretty cool without the glasses and MP3 player strapped to his arm.

Anyway we end up in the next sat together, on my left is some guy I also thought looked somewhat familiar. Appearently he plays a few hands during the WSOP ME on tv against Hevad Kahn. He was at my first table too. meh. I lose when I push with AJ, am called by AcQc (super solid player in the 7 slot) and 66 (WSOP tv guy) and the flop comes jack high with 2 clubs. Turn is a blank, river a 6. Of 3 sats that was my only real chance to get some headway and I got the river instead.

I will be back up tomorrow, I am going to play the $340 and most likely a few more $80 sats but 10k chips and 30 minute blinds and a 20% payout structure seems way better than $80, 1500 chips, and 340 for top 2. I am thinking the $340s are going to be the way to go. Just a quick update as I am going out tonight to party and work up a nice hangover for tomorrow. Wish me luck!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:00 am

It was nice to see Danny, Ian and Andy. I got up there at about 10am expecting that I could jump in a sng or two before I had to leave at ~ 3pm. I really underestimated how much of a mob scene that place would be. They informed me that starting at 10am they were no longer accepting sng wait listers until after the $340 qualifier began at Noon. So I sat around playing video poker until I could register at noon. Luckily I hit several four of a kind hands at bonus poker and ended up being up $100 which paid for my $80 entry and left me a bonus $20. Missed the royal by 1 card at least 5 times to 2 hours.

The $80 sng's are pretty brutal and become a shove fest within 30 minutes. I had actually managed to chip up during the second level which kept me from getting knocked out when I tried to bluff a station later in the round.

The first hand (about 15 minutes in, blinds are 50-100, everyone's got between 1,000 and 2,000) I've got AJs in the BB, 5 callers to me and I check my option (I considered raising but was pretty convinced that I'd get at least 3 callers with anything less than a jam and jamming w/ AJs this early didn't seem like a good idea), flop comes 8 A Q rainbow and I bet about the size of the pot and get one caller (Loose Passive IMO, had played quite a few hands, hadn't seen him raise yet and called down earlier with the nut strait on the river - didn't even raise or bet when he hit it), the turn brought a low card and I jammed, he instacalled with A3o Shocked . River bricked and he was gone.

The second hand I'm in the BB again and UTG limps, folds around to the SB who folds leaving himself about 1.5bb's. I look at KQs and jam. UTG only has about 4bb's left and instacalls with A4s. His 60% holds, but I'm still OK with just over an average stack.

Then I displayed my mad suckout skills by calling the CO's jam from the SB 5 handed with my pp7's. His ppQ's didn't have a prayer (flopped a 7, I suck). I only had about 3.5 bb's left at that point and couldn't see folding there. The CO was the chipleader and even he was shortstacked relative to the blinds. They were 400-800 and going up to 500-1,000 next hand.

I got lucky again 4 handed when we're all pretty much jam or fold status (except the players to my immediate right and left keep limping - idiots), I'm in the SB, UTG jams and Button calls AI, I fold my crap hand and BB calls. This could be very good for me (final 2 get paid). UTG has a ppA's and eliminates the button, the BB is crippled. 2 hands later I'm the BB, UTG crippled limper station guy "jams" for less than the BB and the SB who has most of the chips on the table calls. Dealer looks to me and says "option" when I've got less than 1/2 bb left behind, uhhhh check. SB and I check it down and SB's A high holds up unimproved and the game is over. Holy hell these things are crazy. I grabbed my money and ran for the door late for a scheduled early dinner with the in-laws.

I'm going to try the Fri evening qualifier, hope to see some of you up there.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 am

PoWdA wrote:Played today. First thing I see when walk in? Three sad looking donkeys playing video poker at the bar and drinking, it was about 12:30. Upon closer inspection the donkeys were none other than David, Ian, and Andy or Stallion, Idh, and AK. Anyway I say hi and can't help myself, one Jager and Red Bull please. So Andy and Ian get called to thier Omaha seats. David eventually gets into his $80 sat (and wins it thanks to some wicked suckout magic Razz ) and I wait for nearly 3 hours for my $80 sat to start. I finally get in and lose set over set in a matter of 30 minutes. Woo hoo. I forgot just how insane the blinds in these things are. So anyway while I was waiting for the other I had signed up for another so it was a short wait for my next sat. Again I lose. Card dead and 10 minute blinds are not a good combo. So while I am waiting for my third $80 sat I see some guy who looks familiar. It turns out he took 4th in the last HPT event at the gates. He was the guy with the wierd gold cat thing. He was cool, I know the gold cat says "douchwand" but he was pretty cool without the glasses and MP3 player strapped to his arm.

Anyway we end up in the next sat together, on my left is some guy I also thought looked somewhat familiar. Appearently he plays a few hands during the WSOP ME on tv against Hevad Kahn. He was at my first table too. meh. I lose when I push with AJ, am called by AcQc (super solid player in the 7 slot) and 66 (WSOP tv guy) and the flop comes jack high with 2 clubs. Turn is a blank, river a 6. Of 3 sats that was my only real chance to get some headway and I got the river instead.

I will be back up tomorrow, I am going to play the $340 and most likely a few more $80 sats but 10k chips and 30 minute blinds and a 20% payout structure seems way better than $80, 1500 chips, and 340 for top 2. I am thinking the $340s are going to be the way to go. Just a quick update as I am going out tonight to party and work up a nice hangover for tomorrow. Wish me luck!
LMAO... I can picture all the degenerates at the video poker machine. Razz

The HPT guy is pretty cool, even though he wears the IPod strap on his arm. He's a good player and can hold good conversation. Like Danny says, he's pretty cool guy.

Ha! The older guy with a beard and hat that kind of looks like a Harley Davidson guy before he aged. Yeah, I played with that guy last year and asked him about his WSOP experience. It was a riot as he was shown for about 5 minutes when he bluffed Hevad Kahn and then Hevad gave him some mentos. lol He mentioned how all these people come up to him in poker games because of that small television time. Easily recognizable though.

Nice job on the cashing David and Andy. Did anybody play a qualifier? Sounds like it was pretty crazy, wish I could have been there. Sad
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:31 am

I'm heading up to try the 6pm qualifier tomorrow. Should be interesting.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next