Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

golf/poker outing

+4
dexman1349
Stallion
kkravec
idh78
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

golf/poker outing Empty golf/poker outing

Post  idh78 Thu May 15, 2008 11:52 am

Does anyone else here play golf besides Stallion? (if you can even call what he does with his clubs "golf")

I am thinking of putting together a small golf/poker thing this summer....basically this would be done on a Saturday and we would play golf in the morning and poker at night.

the format for golf would be some sort of team format and yes there will be gambling involved....so those people who are obsessed with only playing their own ball to keep score or whatever need not apply....honestly when you are not good at it anyway, playing as a team is by far more enjoyable.

It would most likely be two man teams although if we ended up with an odd amount there may be a three man team as well.....I was thinking that we could do this at a course like Evergreen, because the price is reasonable, the course won't favor the longer hitters, and you can also get away with playing as a 5 some there if need be.

We would do everything possible to keep the teams fair....no ringers, no hustling, angle-shooting, etc....first and foremost we want this to be fun...

As for the poker, we would most likely do a tourney with a deep-stack format....the buy-in would be reasonable....probably in the $40-$50 range. Ideally I would like to do this with 12-16 people, but this could still be done with a minimum of 8 or 9.

This would be about about a $120 day (assuming you don't win a dime from the golf or the poker) but believe me when I say that it will be blast.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

golf/poker outing Empty Re: golf/poker outing

Post  kkravec Thu May 15, 2008 11:59 am

I am a golfer and just got the ok to start swinging clubs again. A day like this would be a lot of fun and if I am fully okay to golf, I'd be interested. I guess I should try to dust off those clubs and take a few swings.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Thu May 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Count me in. This'll be good practice for the Loomis Invitational. I'm looking at September for that just in case anyone wants to play. Ian, you should play to defend your title.
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Thu May 15, 2008 12:22 pm

I also replied to this on Mile High.

I'm definately interested. I'm a horible driver from the tees, but I have a decent short game. I could definately use the practice for the golf tourneys that my company participates in.

Keep me up to date on the time/location/costs for this just so I can make sure I have taken the bank (my wife) out to dinner or something to get the weekend pass.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Thu May 15, 2008 12:27 pm

dexman1349 wrote:Keep me up to date on the time/location/costs for this just so I can make sure I have taken the bank (my wife) out to dinner or something to get the weekend pass.

You guys crack me up....I need to do this/that for the wife....This is my brag...Jenna sent me the link to see if I would be interested.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Thu May 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Our wives love us and can't bear the thought of a moment without us. Your wife wants you out of the house. How do you swing that exactly?
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Thu May 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Stallion wrote:Our wives love us and can't bear the thought of a moment without us. Your wife wants you out of the house. How do you swing that exactly?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing there Stallion... She's also "forcing" me to go to Vegas for a week with the guys in August. I may just be lucky....
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Thu May 15, 2008 1:11 pm

If by "golf" you mean wander around aimlessley on a golf course drunk as hell and not even keep score then I might be in. If it involves actually swinging a club then I am out.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 15, 2008 1:16 pm

PoWdA wrote:If by "golf" you mean wander around aimlessley on a golf course drunk as hell and not even keep score then I might be in. If it involves actually swinging a club then I am out.

that is kinda what I've become on the course these days....a drunken hack....although every now and again I'll get a a hold of one with the big stick and drive it over the green when the group in front is still putting Evil or Very Mad (very short par 4 at elevation, also in my defense it was a blind shot)
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  ak1971 Thu May 15, 2008 1:46 pm

'why does that guy wear two gloves...'
ak1971
ak1971

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

I have clubs that I haven't used in about 8 years....if you get a mulligan every time you literally swing and miss...I could possibly be in. Laughing
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Thu May 15, 2008 2:14 pm

idh78 wrote: (very short par 4 at elevation, also in my defense it was a blind shot)
Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 pm

idh78 wrote:in my defense it was a blind shot)

Powda hit it?
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 15, 2008 2:31 pm

ak1971 wrote:'why does that guy wear two gloves...'

cause he crushes the ball...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 15, 2008 2:33 pm

Stallion wrote:Count me in. This'll be good practice for the Loomis Invitational. I'm looking at September for that just in case anyone wants to play. Ian, you should play to defend your title.

as long as you do not pay me in coins again... Very Happy
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Stallion Thu May 15, 2008 2:36 pm

idh78 wrote:
Stallion wrote:Count me in. This'll be good practice for the Loomis Invitational. I'm looking at September for that just in case anyone wants to play. Ian, you should play to defend your title.

as long as you do not pay me in coins again... Very Happy

Pennies are legal tender damnit!
Stallion
Stallion

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Thu May 15, 2008 2:39 pm

Stallion wrote:

Pennies are legal tender damnit!

Keep the pennies and melt them down, they are worth more melted then face value...Nickles too
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Thu May 15, 2008 4:08 pm

[quote="idh78"]
PoWdA wrote:although every now and again I'll get a a hold of one with the big stick and drive it over the green when the group in front is still putting Evil or Very Mad (very short par 4 at elevation, also in my defense it was a blind shot)

I did it on purpose 'cos the group ahead of us was so f'in slow. 390yds downhill, dogleg right. Landed right in the middle of the green. One of the best (not longest) drives I've ever hit in my life.

I'd love to play, but I'm horrible when money is on the line.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 15, 2008 6:12 pm

[quote="pseudoswede"]
idh78 wrote:
PoWdA wrote:although every now and again I'll get a a hold of one with the big stick and drive it over the green when the group in front is still putting Evil or Very Mad (very short par 4 at elevation, also in my defense it was a blind shot)

I did it on purpose 'cos the group ahead of us was so f'in slow. 390yds downhill, dogleg right. Landed right in the middle of the green. One of the best (not longest) drives I've ever hit in my life.

I'd love to play, but I'm horrible when money is on the line.

this will not be significant money like $25 a man....

Mover: You hit that guy.
Happy Gilmore: He shouldn't have been standing there.
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Thu May 22, 2008 4:29 pm

For the first time in 22 months, I'm actually putting my golf clubs in the car and heading to Buffalo Run early Saturday morning for a round.

Wish me luck.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 22, 2008 4:49 pm

pseudoswede wrote:For the first time in 22 months, I'm actually putting my golf clubs in the car and heading to Buffalo Run early Saturday morning for a round.

Wish me luck.

<-------------------really really really wants to play this weekend....everybody is busy Sad
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Thu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

idh78 wrote:
pseudoswede wrote:For the first time in 22 months, I'm actually putting my golf clubs in the car and heading to Buffalo Run early Saturday morning for a round.

Wish me luck.

<-------------------really really really wants to play this weekend....everybody is busy Sad

I might attempt to hit the driving range this weekend. Not sure about availability because of Memorial Day...
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Thu May 22, 2008 4:51 pm

by the way.....I posted the official golf/poker thing at milehighpoker.....less traffic over there...and more of you who post here have accounts there than vice versa...

http://www.milehighpoker.com/index.php?topic=654.0
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  pseudoswede Sat May 24, 2008 6:41 pm

Went to the range last night at 9pm to hit a small bucket. Don't think I've ever hit the ball so straight in my life (only losing about 10 yards).

Today, I was booming drives and mid-irons. My short game and long-irons sucked. Ended up with an 85. I hope to get out a little more often.

If anyone wants to play Family Golf Center's 9-hole course after work, let me know.
pseudoswede
pseudoswede

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

pseudoswede wrote:Went to the range last night at 9pm to hit a small bucket. Don't think I've ever hit the ball so straight in my life (only losing about 10 yards).

Today, I was booming drives and mid-irons. My short game and long-irons sucked. Ended up with an 85. I hope to get out a little more often.

If anyone wants to play Family Golf Center's 9-hole course after work, let me know.

I'd be up for that....let me know
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next