Poker In Colorado
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mixed Cash Game - Lakewood - March 14th

+2
dexman1349
PoWdA
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Mixed Cash Game - Lakewood - March 14th - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixed Cash Game - Lakewood - March 14th

Post  kkravec Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:27 pm

I feel the same as Scrupboy, if it comes down to it, Jenna and I can use one spot since I'm the one full of Vicodin might be better for us to have me sit out more than I play Very Happy I'm sure we'll figure it out on the fly if need be.

See everyone tonight.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Mixed Cash Game - Lakewood - March 14th - Page 3 Empty Re: Mixed Cash Game - Lakewood - March 14th

Post  idh78 Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:41 pm

*gulp* we could just play flop games until we are down to 8 or less.... Suspect

seriously though I've fine with whatever, I just don't think it will be that much fun for people to have to sit out unless they want to....I like the other games as much as anybody, but I would be fine if we played some Omaha Hi-Lo, crazy pineapple, holdem, maybe some three card omaha, etc while we are at 10...
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:44 pm

I'm cool with whatever as long as we don't start playing off-the-wall games like pass the trash and 3-33, games that require more time to explain the rules than to actually go through the game.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:24 pm

dexman1349 wrote:I'm cool with whatever as long as we don't start playing off-the-wall games like pass the trash and 3-33, games that require more time to explain the rules than to actually go through the game.

agreed....nothing outside of traditional games.....I think Powda listed that in his rules....nobody wants to play that junk
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm

No way we'd get bored. Danny's got his Xbox 360 and he mentioned that he purchased Rock Band. Perhaps I should bring my Guitar Hero guitar so that we can have a bassist and guitarist. I'm sure we'll all sound good with a few drinks. Laughing

..and I agree with the no non-sense poker games. Some Crazy Pineapple would be fun.
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

http://pokerzerotohero.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Still at work, but hopefully I will be there before 8!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:22 pm

Scrupboy wrote:Still at work, but hopefully I will be there before 8!
Cool.. Just hangin out now...

Also pretty funny... I went to Rocky mountain gaming to get the table I picked out and it had been sold!! So anyway I needed a table for tonight (obv) and the only one they had (short of some shitty table top deal) was this behemouth 10 foot long thing. It is HUGE Laughing Anyway it will work just fine Very Happy Just try not to spill on it.. I am going to try to return it if at all possible.. Its just a monster of a poker table.. more than I need for sure!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

https://pokerincolorado.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:28 pm

PoWdA wrote:
Scrupboy wrote:Still at work, but hopefully I will be there before 8!
Cool.. Just hangin out now...

Also pretty funny... I went to Rocky mountain gaming to get the table I picked out and it had been sold!! So anyway I needed a table for tonight (obv) and the only one they had (short of some shitty table top deal) was this behemouth 10 foot long thing. It is HUGE Laughing Anyway it will work just fine Very Happy Just try not to spill on it.. I am going to try to return it if at all possible.. Its just a monster of a poker table.. more than I need for sure!
That's crazy! Still trying to figure out what I want to drink, but due to budget constraints may just have to be plain old beer. My choice of drink would be Vodka red bull, but that would cut into the poker fund. I do enjoy that the Golden Gates has complimentary vodka red bull!
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:37 am

Jenna and I want to take a moment to thank Danny for having everybody over for the night of poker. I have to say that overall I feel it was a success and it seemed like everyone had fun. Scrupboy made a short apperance and was kind enough to donate a little money to Danny who seemed to be the overall big winner for the night.

It was great meeting everyone and being able to put a face with a name now instead of just a screen name. From what it seems, I think we need to call out Mondo who seems to be the only one nobody has met. Anyways, thanks again Danny for the good time. Enjoy the extra beer that was left behind and good luck returning that massively long table, good think no one spilled any beer on it Very Happy
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:47 am

kkravec wrote:Jenna and I want to take a moment to thank Danny for having everybody over for the night of poker. I have to say that overall I feel it was a success and it seemed like everyone had fun. Scrupboy made a short apperance and was kind enough to donate a little money to Danny who seemed to be the overall big winner for the night.

It was great meeting everyone and being able to put a face with a name now instead of just a screen name. From what it seems, I think we need to call out Mondo who seems to be the only one nobody has met. Anyways, thanks again Danny for the good time. Enjoy the extra beer that was left behind and good luck returning that massively long table, good think no one spilled any beer on it Very Happy
I am glad you guys had fun and glad everyone made it out! Thank you for playing, I had a blast, I hope everyone else did. Sorry I was half asleep all night, it was the end of my week, and I was seriously burnt out.. I promise I am normally more active Very Happy Anyway I am gald you finally were able to meet everbody! So who is hosting the next game?

A few notes

- Kieth (dex), you forgot Theory of Poker. You asked to borrow it and it is still sitting there.

- Sorry about no Pineapple Very Happy I hate that game so I specifically said no pineapple because I simply did not want that game spread. I hate it, hate it, hate it Very Happy Did I mention I hate pineapple? Sorry guys, (and Andy since I knew she wanted to spread it so bad). I wasn't trying to be a douchewand but that was one game that was out.

- Keith (guess which one), make a thread the next time you teabag your wife plz. Just keep us updated on that Very Happy

- Son, are you in the doghouse man? Sounds like you were having it rough. And thanks for donating Very Happy

- Paul, shnippity shnapp or whatever. And keep "smackin that bitch up." Laughing

- Jeff, I am glad you came out, let us know when you are having another home game. I enjoyed the last one a lot!

- Ian and Kieth (kkravec) - I had no idea you were both dealers. It was nice to have some other dealers at the table as I was nearly asleep before anyone even showed up.

- Andy nice to meet you! I think you were the only one I had never met before. You call Ian bad things, and I like that.

- Ian I had no idea you knew Fritz. lolz is all. It is a tiny little world.

Jenna and Keith, I am very glad you two decided to come out. I am happy with the way the game went. I am constantly trying to get people interested in other games. I would love it if one day there would be a post "mixed game, no wildcards, my house tonight." That is never going to happen if nobody knows how to play the other great games poker has to offer. I am just glad everyone made it out and made it home safe. Thanks again all for coming out! I had a great time. Not a ton of money flying around but still a ton of fun. Thanks everyone!

Thats about it. The table is a behemouth. Now to return it Very Happy

So who is hosting next?

Last edited by PoWdA on Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mondogarage Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:49 am

kkravec wrote:It was great meeting everyone and being able to put a face with a name now instead of just a screen name. From what it seems, I think we need to call out Mondo who seems to be the only one nobody has met. Anyways, thanks again Danny for the good time. Enjoy the extra beer that was left behind and good luck returning that massively long table, good think no one spilled any beer on it Very Happy

I'll be out there one of those Fridays or another. Last Friday would have worked, but last night, we had tix to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (the play, not the movie, obv). Frankly, it a great performance, too. But my mind wandered off to youse degenerates a few times. Very Happy
Mondogarage
Mondogarage

http://mondogarage.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:58 am

Mondogarage wrote:
kkravec wrote:It was great meeting everyone and being able to put a face with a name now instead of just a screen name. From what it seems, I think we need to call out Mondo who seems to be the only one nobody has met. Anyways, thanks again Danny for the good time. Enjoy the extra beer that was left behind and good luck returning that massively long table, good think no one spilled any beer on it Very Happy

I'll be out there one of those Fridays or another. Last Friday would have worked, but last night, we had tix to One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (the play, not the movie, obv). Frankly, it a great performance, too. But my mind wandered off to youse degenerates a few times. Very Happy
Yeah you missed out... It was fun. I think we got a small rotation of triple draw when a few went out back to smoke cigarettes (and Paul his "special" cigarettes). Other than that it was a lot of Omaha, some Razz, a little Stud, Stud Hi/Lo and even a little Hold em near the end Very Happy I had fun Very Happy I may have to do something similar sometime in the future, the only problem I really had was that the table I ended up with was about twice the size of the one I was planning on and honestly took up the entire room. Next time it won't be so cramped.
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dexman1349 Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:08 pm

PoWdA wrote:I am glad you guys had fun and glad everyone made it out! Thank you for playing, I had a blast, I hope everyone else did. Sorry I was half asleep all night, it was the end of my week, and I was seriously burnt out.. I promise I am normally more active Very Happy Anyway I am gald you finally were able to meet everbody! So who is hosting the next game?

A few notes

- Kieth (dex), you forgot Theory of Poker. You asked to borrow it and it is still sitting there.

- Keith (guess which one), make a thread the next time you teabag your wife plz. Just keep us updated on that Very Happy

Thats about it. The table is a behemouth. Now to return it Very Happy

So who is hosting next?

Not a big deal about the book. If I remember next time we meet up again, maybe I can snag it.

I might actually start a blog about the teabagging. I'd have to be careful to make sure my wife never finds out about it...

Let us know how things go with the return of that table. I think a shorter and more round table would have helped out the guys at the ends better.

Like I've said before, I have no issues with hosting. The only problems are that I don't have chips, don't have poker tables, and I live in Aurora. If it works out for me to host again, I'll need a little bit of a heads up because I need to find babysitting.
dexman1349
dexman1349
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  idh78 Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:09 pm

I had a great time....the wife thought we were all a bunch of poker nerds Laughing .....duh Surprised

although she did think Paul and Son were both a riot....I had a lot of fun....I have to admit I am more of a fan of flop games than I thought....too much thinking in the other games.. Very Happy

yeah Fritz was cool....he was both a worthy poker competitor and a good golf partner

i dealt for Rico for about a year or so over two stints....first when he started up the poker tour and again about a year after that....I just dont have the time these days...although i certainly could use the money...

sorry i played so bad....I really do have a hard time folding when it's
only a dollar to call
idh78
idh78

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:59 am

idh78 wrote:

sorry i played so bad....I really do have a hard time folding when it's
only a dollar to call
Yeah I personally wouldn't mind playing up to 5/10 in a mixed game like that or possibly even a 10/20 mixed game but I don't think I could scrape a game like that together! Maybe $1/2 next time.... If I had the players I would definetly go higher Twisted Evil
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kkravec Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:04 am

idh78 wrote:sorry i played so bad....I really do have a hard time folding when it's
only a dollar to call

Yea...hard to fold even if it's a 72...it was sooooted.
kkravec
kkravec

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:57 pm

kkravec wrote:
idh78 wrote:sorry i played so bad....I really do have a hard time folding when it's
only a dollar to call

Yea...hard to fold even if it's a 72...it was sooooted.
Laughing
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scrupboy Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:26 am

Sorry about the short appearance all. Crying or Very sad

The wife was angry, but not with me playing poker. It had to do with personal issues that just happen to be going on that same night. ...and she always refers to my blog and forum postings as "talking to the nerds". lol

I had a lot of fun for the whole two hours I was there. My game was very poor and I did pound down 4 beers in that short amount of time (didn't eat dinner either) making me the obvious fish at the table. You guys are a little cheaper then my sometimes $50 cocktails up the hill. Let's see $20 down, 4 beers that only comes to $5/beer at PoWda's game. Nice! Cool Nothing I enjoy better then leaving my hard earned cash to a bunch of diaper wearing "nerds". Razz Razz

Thanks for hosting a good game PoWda and it was good to meet everyone! BTW, did the wife seem pissed when she picked me up. I don't recall, but she almost ran me over in the street. She's so sexy when she's mad. Laughing
Scrupboy
Scrupboy

Back to top Go down

Post  PoWdA Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:19 am

Scrupboy wrote:Sorry about the short appearance all. Crying or Very sad

The wife was angry, but not with me playing poker. It had to do with personal issues that just happen to be going on that same night. ...and she always refers to my blog and forum postings as "talking to the nerds". lol

I had a lot of fun for the whole two hours I was there. My game was very poor and I did pound down 4 beers in that short amount of time (didn't eat dinner either) making me the obvious fish at the table. You guys are a little cheaper then my sometimes $50 cocktails up the hill. Let's see $20 down, 4 beers that only comes to $5/beer at PoWda's game. Nice! Cool Nothing I enjoy better then leaving my hard earned cash to a bunch of diaper wearing "nerds". Razz Razz

Thanks for hosting a good game PoWda and it was good to meet everyone! BTW, did the wife seem pissed when she picked me up. I don't recall, but she almost ran me over in the street. She's so sexy when she's mad. Laughing
Laughing

And she didn't seem too mad, gald you came out Son!
PoWdA
PoWdA
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3